• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
Thanks for the answer!
I read more than 100 pages of this forum, and someone here said ts-watches can be trusted. On the site they have both in v8 and v9.
About the sellers of Chazing Time and Intime - I could not understand which site I can buy watches, since there are a lot of sites with such names: intime03.so, intime9.com, intime.co.uk, and so on.
It would be great if someone prompted the contacts of a good seller - this forum is talking about a guy named Ryan, but it's unclear how to buy a watch from him :(
What should I do with TC-watches - ask for a refund and buy in another store? :(

Mate.. LOOK AT THE TRUSTED DEALERS LIST.. and click on the TD'S name all info is there...its not rocket science ( look..read.. click on td)..
So you spent over $500 without doing the the most basic stuff

Reactions: pengo

Shalom_Haim

Horology Curious
10/7/18
Mate.. LOOK AT THE TRUSTED DEALERS LIST.. and click on the TD'S name all info is there...its not rocket science ( look..read.. click on td)..
So you spent over $500 without doing the the most basic stuff

Yes, friend, you're right. I was too quick. It was necessary first to read about what vendors can be trusted. I hope they (ts-watches) will refund my money :(

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just got my "v9" in with A2836 movement. I like it, but it's my first 6 digit LV, so the whole experience is new to me. The crystal is slightly crooked, but I can fix that myself.

A9WrL8wh.jpg

HT4OnHgh.jpg

It weird though the bezel doesn't look quite like the pictures do. I see what everyone always talks about.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Just got my "v9" in with A2836 movement. I like it, but it's my first 6 digit LV, so the whole experience is new to me. The crystal is slightly crooked, but I can fix that myself.

A9WrL8wh.jpg

HT4OnHgh.jpg

It weird though the bezel doesn't look quite like the pictures do. I see what everyone always talks about.

The difference to Gen is just HUGE!
My friend has a Noob V9 and another friend has the real Hulk. I can tell the difference from 5 meters away.

Here a gen Hulk picture from my friend for comparison

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Well, just got stuck in a major downpour for a good few minutes, clothes were soaked, the v9 hulk did very well...out the box from the TD...

​​​​Still haven't submerged it yet, but this was a baby step accidental test. Which brings me to another point, I tried to find a watchsmith local to my area and the only thing it's bringing up are really fine jewelry stores that sell Rolexes, I'd like to have it opened and have seals checked, pressure tested, and I might have a loose screw? But the watch is running perfectly. I'm wondering if these places would do this for me regardless of it being a super high-end rep or not? I would much rather build a rapport with a local swiss? watchsmith.

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Bosaftw,

The bezel color is too dark, but my face looks identical to that gen, in my eyes. If they lighten up the bezel color, and get the colors right w the numbers, it would be scary close to gen looking.

That picture just actually made me like my rep more lol. There getting cloooooose! Someone needs to mimic this gen bezel insert to a T. I'd buy it immediately.

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Your watch is very waterproof. But don’t take my word, always best to have it checked :)

I noticed that the crystal retainer was ridiculously tight.
A good thing!
Usually when I take the bezel off, the crystal retainer, gasket and crystal come off with it.
Not so with my V9. Only the bezel came off and the retaining ring and gasket didn’t even budge. Tight.

So if they are all that way, just add a some silicon grease on the gaskets and just make sure that your crown is tight and your good to go.

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Thanks! Crown is always tight! Even better man, good news. Re: bezel insert color, I think lighting plays a big factor, because in full sunlight, I think this is damn close! No?

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
It's close, but it's def too dark, I suppose it should look like the pics w the flash alittle more when your really looking at it.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes, friend, you're right. I was too quick. It was necessary first to read about what vendors can be trusted. I hope they (ts-watches) will refund my money :(

If they don't, the watch they showed you will be fine. You will like it, it's much nicer than what most of us started out with.

Realtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/18
Found an interesting video of someone comparing a Gen 116610LN with what looks like a Hulk V9 SA3135:

Side note: do not blindly believe everything that's being said in this video, e.g. the commentator says that there is no difference between the SEL's but you can clearly see that the Hulk doesn't have recessed SEL's while the Gen does.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Finally got mine, and sent it right off to a local watchsmith who will install the Prof crystal. First impression that it is a very nice feeling watch, out of the box seems downright nice. Bracelet feels nice, case is very nice, and bezel movement is very nice as well. Everything feels nice, and everything looks nice as well. I did not get a really good look at the watch, but held it for a few minutes and thought wow this feels nice and I do not want to let it go!

There are a couple of issues which we all know
1) Cyclops is very reflective, not that great in sunlight- Already being remedied as I am installing a new crystal. I told the watch smith to fit whichever gasket he feels is best as Prof gave me a 2.5 and a 2.7 (I think the one that came on the watch would do just fine as it was sitting decently low)
2) Bezel number colors- They are very white looking, but looks much better than the dull ugly insert on the v7. I took a macro shot and it looks like there is some metallic flake going on there, it is not straight up white paint so at least they tried! I am going to do a Molotow paint mod on my own, and get USD or Spongebob mod done in a month or two.
3) Maybe just me, but the hands have a more green-ish lume color. Not a big deal, but it caught my eye.

Everything else looks great, a good buy for sure! (photos coming momentarily)

Reactions: electric and pengo

Drgn7

Horology Curious
31/5/18
Hi Guys just got mine from Ryan and I must say the watch looks amazing and the Sa3135 movement is perfect. The only issue I could find with the watch is that the date font had a tiny smudge but hardly noticeable unless you look really carefully and it was only for one number. I will definitely be purchasing more watches from Ryan.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Bosaftw,

The bezel color is too dark, but my face looks identical to that gen, in my eyes. If they lighten up the bezel color, and get the colors right w the numbers, it would be scary close to gen looking.

That picture just actually made me like my rep more lol. There getting cloooooose! Someone needs to mimic this gen bezel insert to a T. I'd buy it immediately.

There are about 5 things that need fixing from your v9 and every v9 to make it pass as Gen, insert, sels, dw, xtal dial. Sorry 6

Get a gen insert, gen dw and prof xtal and you have a nice one, thats if your lucky to have a v9 with recessed sels.

Its a lovely rep but not close enough to gen imo. Particularly the insert on the hulk

71bucks

18/5/10
Was the V6S that everyone refers to, with a more apple green bezel insert, passable next to a genuine?