• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
What's the biggest difference w the crystal in the noob v9 vs gen? I'm very curious. the clarity? Not as reflective? I love mine, but again, it's my only (1st) watch like this.
​thanks in advance guys!

-J

Compared to the new subs 2017 and up? None at all but except the bluish hue and it isn’t that bad. However, Nothing compared to gen crystal from like 2007’s. It depends on your liking. Old gen black hole effect. New has the bluish effect. Rolex took the black hole effect as a discrepancy and fixed it with double AR coating giving it a bluish tint to the cyclops to focus more on the date. Some think it’s a discrepancy but the new sub specifications tell it’s an improvement. I personally like the old black hole effect. I have ordered a gen crystal to replace it on my V9

Last edited:
Reactions: Cooldaddyfunk286

leanbody91

Horology Curious
17/1/17
Just received my v9 from bk with all the upgrades he offers. This is my second sub from him and im comfortable with his product and service. Took about 6 weeks after payment was made. Took a little longer than expected because there was a hold up at customs.

leanbody91

Horology Curious
17/1/17
Thanks hellseeker!, Leanbody, what mods did you get w your V9?

Movement: Swiss ETA 2836-2
Mods:
- reinstall DWO for better date positions (top to bottom)
- reinstall crystal to line up cyclops to date window
- line up the dial to the rehaut engraving by best-fit effort, i.e. line up the 12 o'clock marker to the engraved Rolex coronet on the rehaut
- reinstall bezel insert to line it up with the dial
- tighten bezel => no rocking bezel
- set proper crown stem length. Noobfactory sometimes make it too long which puts pressure on the movement and can diminish WR
- reduce the crystal height above bezel insert. Stock crystal can be lowered by shortening the crystal gasket
- replace the 2 movement ring tabs with Swiss made ones which better secure the movement in place
- replace the 2 movement ring screws with high quality ones which break less
- optional (extra $38): swap in Clark crystal for even lower crystal height. Note: Clark doesn't have LEC at 6. But that's not necessarily a bad thing because gen's LEC is practically invisible and Noob's LEC is still too loud.

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Hello everybody,
Made an order on the website tswach, got a QC photo, look, please, is it good Noob V9 SA3135 ?
Thank you!

Someone with better eyes than mine will chime in but so far there are only two trust sellers with access to the real v9. Chazing Time and Intime.
Other sellers are selling the V8 with 904L steel as V9, which might be what you have.

A little reading goes goes a long way. All of this has been discussed in this thread ad nauseam.

Hopefully, others with better eyes than mine, will chime in and confirm what model this is.
Good luck.

Reactions: Shalom_Haim

Shalom_Haim

Horology Curious
10/7/18
Someone with better eyes than mine will chime in but so far there are only two trust sellers with access to the real v9. Chazing Time and Intime.
Other sellers are selling the V8 with 904L steel as V9, which might be what you have.

A little reading goes goes a long way. All of this has been discussed in this thread ad nauseam.

Hopefully, others with better eyes than mine, will chime in and confirm what model this is.
Good luck.

Thanks for the answer!
I read more than 100 pages of this forum, and someone here said ts-watches can be trusted. On the site they have both in v8 and v9.
About the sellers of Chazing Time and Intime - I could not understand which site I can buy watches, since there are a lot of sites with such names: intime03.so, intime9.com, intime.co.uk, and so on.
It would be great if someone prompted the contacts of a good seller - this forum is talking about a guy named Ryan, but it's unclear how to buy a watch from him :(
What should I do with TC-watches - ask for a refund and buy in another store? :(

Shalom_Haim

Horology Curious
10/7/18

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
Here's another photo, just sent, Is this really Noob 9?:
https://imgur.com/a/1Hml48h

I have to say no its not a Noob V9 and not sure if a Noob at all. SELs are terrible and so its the date wheel, the font is too bold. Bracelet clasp not highly polished as well. The crown sticks out too much
you can see a gap, unless the watch is on hack mode but doubt it. As mentioned, currently only two TDs are confirmed to have true V9s Intime and chazing. intime03 is the correct address. Good luck

Reactions: Shalom_Haim

Shalom_Haim

Horology Curious
10/7/18
oh, sad ... Thanks for the answer! I wrote to the seller to return the money, I found Ryan's contacts, I'll try to buy from him ...

Shalom_Haim

Horology Curious
10/7/18
Thanks for the advice!) Already wrote to Ryan on e-mail and in PM, but he has not answered yet. I'll wait)

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Great news! My V9 just arrived on my doorstep, I can't wait to get home :)

Now I have the Prof crystal ready to install, he gave me a 2.5 and 2.7 gasket to go with it. Can anybody advise which one is best to use (or keep stock noob gasket) This is the v9 with SA3135 movement. Thank you in advance!

Reactions: pengo

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
Great news! My V9 just arrived on my doorstep, I can't wait to get home :)

Now I have the Prof crystal ready to install, he gave me a 2.5 and 2.7 gasket to go with it. Can anybody advise which one is best to use (or keep stock noob gasket) This is the v9 with SA3135 movement. Thank you in advance!

congrats mate.

smoke

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17

Good luck.

others TDs have the v9 in stock now.. not just these two..but this looks like a v8