• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Wearing the v9 today , bracelet feels like garbage especially the clasp. Poor machining marks on clasp as well

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Other factory do nothing with "old" parts its just "noob" who do it. And yes many people buy it anyways which is ridiclious btw :D

Roley Rox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/18
Other factory do nothing with "old" parts its just "noob" who do it. And yes many people buy it anyways which is ridiclious btw :D

Thanks TigerDragon, could I have just made a mistake by going for the Noob 116610LN (V9)?

I just wanted a really good quality black Sub:rolleyes:.. Should I perhaps cancel and go for a watch that could maybe be recommended on here (from ChazingTime)?.. Cheers

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Thanks TigerDragon, could I have just made a mistake by going for the Noob 116610LN (V9)?

I just wanted a really good quality black Sub:rolleyes:.. Should I perhaps cancel and go for a watch that could maybe be recommended on here (from ChazingTime)?.. Cheers
No if you get a good one and you like it why changing? ARF version has problems too

Reactions: Roley Rox

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
That’s why I canceled my V9, even I am going to change everything but dial-case-bracelet with genuine parts I was not putting up with the fact that they messed up again! If ARF came with a SH3135 version I would be all over it.. now ordered an ARF 904 bracelet hoping that sits better on the Noob case or at least could keep the clasp if it’s better.. anyway let’s see what is the new batch coming (if it’s not a parody again!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roley Rox

20/6/18
That’s why I canceled my V9, even I am going to change everything but dial-case-bracelet with genuine parts I was not putting up with the fact that they messed up again! If ARF came with a SH3135 version I would be all over it.. now ordered an ARF 904 bracelet hoping that sits better on the Noob case or at least could keep the clasp if it’s better.. anyway let’s see what is the new batch coming (if it’s not a parody again!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh. I can understand your frustration. I will update any progress on my outstanding order and post my QC pics on here (when I get them) for some (hopefully:D) good feedback from you guys! Thanks!

Hakai

11/6/18
Really have to be careful by checking the QC, with this ton of little flaws ...

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
If V9 is just a mid-case, a rehaut, and a bezel (a very good bezel at that, even if the insert is not so good), then it is worth $500. The rest you get for free. A few surprises popped up working with the V9 mid-case on a cerSub genestein build today: 1.) V9 bezel/retaining ring (best bezel Noob ever produced) is not compatible with V7 bezel/retaining ring, I do not even think it is compatible with ARF, because of different inner diameters (tip: treat the bezel/retaining ring as an inseparable pair for each V and F, and machine as needed for fine tuning), 2.) the V9 case is best treated as a work in progress: the lug corner chamfers are missing on the bottom, hence the sharp corners, etc. you need to add extra machining/finishing to the case and the bracelet if you want to bump it closer to 95% gen level 3.) the V9 caseback is different than V7 for sure, and 4.) a gen cal. 3135 sits better in a V9 case than a V7 case (better crown tube alignment, but of course the cut-out for the movement screws is missing on both). In any case, ecce homo (here is the little sporty monster in its V9 case (sels will be taken care of tomorrow)) Thanks to smoke for the gen red Yachtmaster seconds hand, always wanted one of those in a six digit Sub a la TCs fantasy or vampire stylization:
ozCZhkY.jpg

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
After spending $1500, I think that until I either buy a gen or a much better rep comes out, that I will hang on to my V7. Yes, I lucked out with the sel.

TEC2BvO.jpg

Reactions: phdsjain

Zack2018

Horology Curious
4/6/18
I’ve finally just about sussed how to post the QC pictures at last. My subs a v9 from Ryan at intime. Please give me your honest opinions on what you can see flaws defects etc many thanks pictures are in the link a above. ☝????

Realtime

13/5/18
I’ve finally just about sussed how to post the QC pictures at last. My subs a v9 from Ryan at intime. Please give me your honest opinions on what you can see flaws defects etc many thanks pictures are in the link a above. ☝????

Hi,

this isn’t allowable unless you have a specific question. You can post with a specific question I.E does ... look crooked?