• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Not liking the qc pics for the v9 from I think maybe angus some guy posted his qc pics on rg but he wont say what td the pics look fimaliar to Angus qc pics.so I'm sticking with only Ryan and chasing time have the correct v9.all the qc pucs ive seen of the v9 from ryan are really v9 perfect sel perfect cg and perfect lugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: electric

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Dear All,

Let me first say hello and thank you for the information you share, I have been trying to read/learn a little.

I own a couple of GEN watches but this is my first dip into the world of RW so appreciate any help.

I want to buy a Noob Hulk Submariner and thinking to go with the A2836 movement as seems to be a bit more reliable than other types.

I’m not looking to build a franken so opting away from the 3135. Please do educate me if I am wrong here though?

Narrowing it down to either the V7 or this new V9.

Do you think I should wait a while before purchasing?

The TD links seem to get shut down quite quickly but I think I’ve found some. It's a pretty daunting purchase for me to be honest. I obviously don’t want to send my money off to the abyss, so if anyone is willing to PM me a genuine TD link that they have successfully used, that would be great.

I hate 2836 personally

Reactions: electric

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
The colour depends on qc.some have dark inserts some nice.when I buy a v9 I will get the hulk sa3135 And make sure I get the good insert.

smoke I would be interested to buy the v9 hulk 3135 and get it shipped directly to you for a thorough review. My preferred TD is Ryan at intime. You could ship it to me after review. You could help select the best possible example prior to purchase by reviewing QC pics. Let me konw if you are interested. At page 1 < x < 10 you had proposed interest in such an arrangement.

Reactions: christo14

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
smoke I would be interested to buy the v9 hulk 3135 and get it shipped directly to you for a thorough review. My preferred TD is Ryan at intime. You could ship it to me after review. You could help select the best possible example prior to purchase by reviewing QC pics. Let me konw if you are interested. At page 1 < x < 10 you had proposed interest in such an arrangement.

Sure if you want to do that I'm up for it I guess.but if you order 1 send me the qc pics and hopefully it's as good as the 2836 version.as I've only seen the v9 2836 and it's perfect from all the qc pics I've seen

I've seen some noob v9 sa3135 qc pics from other tds but it's just a v8

Last edited:

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Sure if you want to do that I'm up for it.thing is not sure if ryan will let you hand pic a perfect one .like he would for me.how do you want to arrange this?

We will do it. Lets PM. Please note I dont think I have notifications turned on. I need to check. So responses could be slightly delayed.
If Ryan is not the most accommodative TD for this exercise, please suggest some other. But we will first check with him.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Sent an email to Ryan informing him of this thread and the motive. Once he responds favorably, we can have you contact him directly.

GaijinG

Horology Curious
9/5/18
Texas USA
I hate 2836 personally

Can I ask why?

You are certainly someone whos opinion I rate, as you obviously know your stuff.

i would also be willing to allow my watch to be shipped direct to you for test/review first if you could help me source a decent quality v9 noob....you know waaaaay more then me on selecting a goodun. Please PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: christo14

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Sent an email to Ryan informing him of this thread and the motive. Once he responds favorably, we can have you contact him directly.

I've been contacting him directly for years.i asked him to ship me a v9 ages ago to review and ship back he said no.the only reason I've told everyone on this forum and the other forum im always on to buy the v9 from him is because he is the only td so far that has proved he has the v9 via qc pics I've been given to evaluate .but saying that I've only seen v9 2836 pics from Ryan. All the other v9 qc pics I've seen from other tds are not the v9
I've sent over 60 people to Ryan in the last few days to order the v9 from him and not anyone else. Ryan owes me for sending him customers ha ha ha.only joking

I've noticed chasing time also has pics of the real v9 on there site aswell.not seen real v9 pics on any other td site

Last edited:

PhilRRS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/4/17
so I spoke to one of the dealers just now, and he tells me that he is confused about it himself. He said that they are calling it v8. The original v8 was issued with 3135 movement. He is saying that this V9 is just a new batch of v8 with 3135 and 2836 this time. So I guess you can call it V8.1?

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
so I spoke to one of the dealers just now, and he tells me that he is confused about it himself. He said that they are calling it v8. The original v8 was issued with 3135 movement. He is saying that this V9 is just a new batch of v8 with 3135 and 2836 this time. So I guess you can call it V8.1?

We could call it V8.1; V9; V10; VX; Carlos or Whiskey Tango Foxtrott. It doesn‘t matter. Factories don‘t produce versions. They order parts from different manufacturers in batches. They are not like us having emotions and expectations for each release and nitpicking about details. I guess if we accounted for each and every batch of parts that were used, we would be at V237 right now ;)

Reactions: Tigerdragon

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
How much does a standard service cost for everyone? In anticipation for my v9 I called my local watchsmith and inquired to service the SA3135. I got a quote of $700 aud.. which is about the price of the watch.

If service is warranted do the TD offer watch service as part of sales? I would imagine getting it serviced in china/hk would be cheaper than anywhere else?

Would service still be a requirement for v9 ? given the poor reputation for many years I'm hoping that the factory have shaped up.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
How much does a standard service cost for everyone? In anticipation for my v9 I called my local watchsmith and inquired to service the SA3135. I got a quote of $700 aud.. which is about the price of the watch.

If service is warranted do the TD offer watch service as part of sales? I would imagine getting it serviced in china/hk would be cheaper than anywhere else?

Would service still be a requirement for v9 ? given the poor reputation for many years I'm hoping that the factory have shaped up.

Tell your local watch smith to jump off - a service should cost around 200-250AUD.
For 700, he could buy a new ETA, install it, and give you change.

EDIT - Balls. You got the 3135. If it breaks you probably will end up buying a Yuki (SH), and have it installed. Its expensive.
Up to you - I would only buy an a2836 / a2824.

Reactions: MarkTellsTime

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I wonder how many versions they need to get it right? And they still use that junk movement. Use a 2824 or the SH3135 at least.

Reactions: pcghill

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Tell your local watch smith to jump off - a service should cost around 200-250AUD.
For 700, he could buy a new ETA, install it, and give you change.

EDIT - Balls. You got the 3135. If it breaks you probably will end up buying a Yuki (SH), and have it installed. Its expensive.
Up to you - I would only buy an a2836 / a2824.

I don't know a watch smith that would do it for under 250aud. would anyone be able to recommend one in sydney cbd? How much would it cost to get it serviced in china/hk? before they ship it out?

FischersFritze

Known Member
10/3/17
In Germany I pay around 180 to 200€ for the sa3135 service. You should look for a rep friendly watchsmith or a modder from the forum in your location. 700 aud

Reactions: Funtimezz