• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
d7deb034fcf5512b70d21fe30c657484.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Nice! I wonder why are we not getting much love for 116520 ?

Reactions: cassapanca

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Nice! I wonder why are we not getting much love for 116520 ?

who said so ? You don't see so many because Noob effed up the dial hance one needs a bit of dedication to have a decent 116520 but they are out there..

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

my latest completed project! Noob v4 with latest CF bezel, arf v2 dial and arf bracelet!!!

looking amazing, wear in good health!! Did you use the entire ARF bracelet it only the removable links+clasp. I have always found the Noob bracelet as having better SEL fitment in the Noob case, hence my question

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
who said so ? You don't see so many because Noob effed up the dial hance one needs a bit of dedication to have a decent 116520 but they are out there..
Ok noted Sir. I like the 116520, and have been lurking on this daytona v4 thread for some time, didn't see much mention about it, hence i'm curious. Did notice there's a new thread about it but not too much participation from the members though.

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
looking amazing, wear in good health!! Did you use the entire ARF bracelet it only the removable links+clasp. I have always found the Noob bracelet as having better SEL fitment in the Noob case, hence my question

Thanks bro! I mounted the entire arf bracelet! maybe that's true, the SELs of the noob are slightly better but for me it's not that fundamental :)

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: srhoque

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19

on the left Noob v3 with arf v2 Bezel ... on the right noob v4 with arf v2 dial, last CF Bezel and arf bracelet. which one do you prefer ? I don't know why but the Noob dial convinces me more!

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20
hello, why did you mount the arf bracelet what is better than the noob?

It is better to put only the clasp, now the bracelet does not adhere well to the sel and leaves huge holes!

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20

on the left Noob v3 with arf v2 Bezel ... on the right noob v4 with arf v2 dial, last CF Bezel and arf bracelet. which one do you prefer ? I don't know why but the Noob dial convinces me more!

I prefer on the left, bracelet well embedded in the SEL

Reactions: shel504

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

on the left Noob v3 with arf v2 Bezel ... on the right noob v4with arf v2 dial, last CF Bezel and arf bracelet. which one do you prefer ? I don't know why but the Noob dial convinces me more!

The only thing I see is the orangey "DAYTONA" text. My poor eyes have trouble discerning anythng else.
The Noob dial white seems ever so little cream-like to me. I always thought it was the other way around where the Noob was more icey-white.
The "five lines" dial print seems everl so slightly crisper on the ARF dial
I honestly thought the ARF had the flatter crown LOL!

I recently acquired a setup like your watch on the right, Noob V4, CF bezel, ARF dial, ARF clasp. To be fair I really can't see the difference IRL on the wrist on what is after all a fairly small watch.
I keep questioning myself on whether the changes are worth the $500 surcharge or should I just go with an OOTB Noob V4 ....

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
in my opinion the truth is that they are both very close to the gen. each of them has imperfections, it depends on you who you manage to live with!!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Reactions: ricciox

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
The only thing I see is the orangey "DAYTONA" text. My poor eyes have trouble discerning anythng else.
The Noob dial white seems ever so little cream-like to me. I always thought it was the other way around where the Noob was more icey-white.
The "five lines" dial print seems everl so slightly crisper on the ARF dial
I honestly thought the ARF had the flatter crown LOL!

I recently acquired a setup like your watch on the right, Noob V4, CF bezel, ARF dial, ARF clasp. To be fair I really can't see the difference IRL on the wrist on what is after all a fairly small watch.
I keep questioning myself on whether the changes are worth the $500 surcharge or should I just go with an OOTB Noob V4 ....

You have a point there. This watch is small and the details so tiny, so they're only visible in close up photos. Not so much in real life with all the reflections from the non-AR crystal. I believe we're over thinking this whole thing a bit. I think that the OOTB Noob looks and feels great. The only thing I'd do is that crystal gasket, nothing else. Not even the CF bezel.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
The most glaring issues with the noob dial are the terrible donut O in ROLEX and worse, the wonky 60 on the 6.00 subdial. Why they can't fix these simple issues is baffling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SHB

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
You have a point there. This watch is small and the details so tiny, so they're only visible in close up photos. Not so much in real life with all the reflections from the non-AR crystal. I believe we're over thinking this whole thing a bit.

Let's put it as a sticky

Reactions: Therion666

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
The most glaring issues with the noob dial are the terrible donut O in ROLEX and worse, the wonky 60 on the 6.00 subdial. Why they can't fix these simple issues is baffling

I see the wonky 60 now. "'Thanks" LOL what was once seen can never again be unseen. I am having a harder time with the "donut" O In ROLEX.

Still not sure if it is worth the $500 surcharge. That will buy me a whole other rep like that nice omega world timer or the ARF GMTII BLNR .....

ssouthall6

10/10/13
How do you get v5 v6 v7 v8 v22?

Let's not ruin noob marketing :)

They should have at least fixed the dial and broken something else by now!!