• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

Jojo96

Horology Curious
25/11/19
I am fairly new to the rep community so I was struggling whether this was 2.2 or the new v3. And also does it have the platinum plated bezel like CF or do I have to replace it. Sorry if anyone asked this question already.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I am fairly new to the rep community so I was struggling whether this was 2.2 or the new v3. And also does it have the platinum plated bezel like CF or do I have to replace it. Sorry if anyone asked this question already.

It is asked a just few times before you,just 1625383 times

Reactions: Jojo96

Jojo96

Horology Curious
25/11/19
I definitely saw people talking about it on this thread but didn’t end up with a finite answer

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy

Hello! I was just wondering if this is the new NOOB V3 instead of V2. I also think the red “DAYTONA” is too orange, and R ”O” LEX is too circular. What do you guys think?

Looks hella good. Can’t wait to have mine. I’m waiting for QC pics!

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Jojo96

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Any feedback for the stock v3 bezel guys? Did it started to fade after months or still intact? Thanks

RepHoro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
Georgia
In China right now just visited my rep. Held 5 black dial V3s in my hand and every single one of them has enormously fat sub dials. I feel I have a hyper sensitivity allergic reaction to the sub dials. The white dials are fairly close but they are still noticeably pudgy. The V1 and V3 black dials are absurdly fat and shiny. They were better in the V2.2 - but still noticeably portly. The V3 sub dial regression is atrocious and may even be deliberate. It is by far the biggest instant tell because the human eye can detect the skewed proportions from a distance of 20ft. (Yes I tested it). This is not a small deal. It basically mandates that you change the dial if you're going to have an aesthetically satisfactory V3 black dial rep. A good dial and an hour of a watchmakers time will set you back $200-300 easy plus whatever else you decide to have done. Iam just so disappointed that Noob has fucked this away so bad - I honestly think that the only way to get their attention is to just refuse to buy any black dial V3 rep until they acknowledge and fix the problem. DO NOT LET ANY TD OR EVEN QA PIC DELUDE YOU INTO THINKING YOUR BLACK DIAL V3 WILL COME CLOSE TO LOOKING LIKE A GEN. DO NOT BUY unless you plan on spending more money to Franken your watch or your happy living with a rep that would fool no one!

Reactions: vcappp

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
In China right now just visited my rep. Held 5 black dial V3s in my hand and every single one of them has enormously fat sub dials. I feel I have a hyper sensitivity allergic reaction to the sub dials. The white dials are fairly close but they are still noticeably pudgy. The V1 and V3 black dials are absurdly fat and shiny. They were better in the V2.2 - but still noticeably portly. The V3 sub dial regression is atrocious and may even be deliberate. It is by far the biggest instant tell because the human eye can detect the skewed proportions from a distance of 20ft. (Yes I tested it). This is not a small deal. It basically mandates that you change the dial if you're going to have an aesthetically satisfactory V3 black dial rep. A good dial and an hour of a watchmakers time will set you back $200-300 easy plus whatever else you decide to have done. Iam just so disappointed that Noob has fucked this away so bad - I honestly think that the only way to get their attention is to just refuse to buy any black dial V3 rep until they acknowledge and fix the problem. DO NOT LET ANY TD OR EVEN QA PIC DELUDE YOU INTO THINKING YOUR BLACK DIAL V3 WILL COME CLOSE TO LOOKING LIKE A GEN. DO NOT BUY unless you plan on spending more money to Franken your watch or your happy living with a rep that would fool no one!

Gen is around 20k street price. Rep is $688. Question is: what do you buy your reps for? Is it to fool someone? You’d better off buying gen then..

Funtimezz

18/1/16
For me it has nothing to do with fooling someone that mine's a gen. I just dont think it is right for noob to be charging the same price for the white and black dial when the black dial obviously has an extra obvious flaw being the fatass subdails. Not to mention they deliberately regressed it as we have seen some black V3s with thinner subdials. It really sucks for someone who loves the black dial more than the white...disappointed at the regression.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
For me it has nothing to do with fooling someone that mine's a gen. I just dont think it is right for noob to be charging the same price for the white and black dial when the black dial obviously has an extra obvious flaw being the fatass subdails. Not to mention they deliberately regressed it as we have seen some black V3s with thinner subdials. It really sucks for someone who loves the black dial more than the white...disappointed at the regression.

lol they ask what they think the market will pay

RepHoro

12/9/18
Georgia
Yeah - I never try to fool anyone - always volunteer it when asked (makes for a far more interesting conversation). What I object to is that it's such a glaring issue that was largely fixed in the previous version! It's not like we are asking them to make it 1mm slimmer - or making some technically challenging change to the movement. Putting fat sub dials on seems almost intentional. It's not like they didn't notice and I give them credit for not being stupid. You're right a gen cost 15K and the rep 700. But if the rep had fat subdials it feels like Noob would figure a way to make the slim!

Funtimezz

18/1/16
SuperLory I understand. And I would gladly pay $700 for the black dial too if it had the same subdial thickness as the white dial.

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Yeah - I never try to fool anyone - always volunteer it when asked (makes for a far more interesting conversation). What I object to is that it's such a glaring issue that was largely fixed in the previous version! It's not like we are asking them to make it 1mm slimmer - or making some technically challenging change to the movement. Putting fat sub dials on seems almost intentional. It's not like they didn't notice and I give them credit for not being stupid. You're right a gen cost 15K and the rep 700. But if the rep had fat subdials it feels like Noob would figure a way to make the slim!

I agree that it seems almost intentional as well. It's like they realized what they made was almost too Gen like and had to take a step back so they can make some more money. Which if true is also smart of them to do.

RepHoro

12/9/18
Georgia
Maybe the have a deal with the government (we won't raid you if you keep them different enough) or how about this for a conspiracy theory - maybe Rolex pays them (if we can't stop them may we can control them)!

Reactions: Foxxfire

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I agree that it seems almost intentional as well. It's like they realized what they made was almost too Gen like and had to take a step back so they can make some more money. Which if true is also smart of them to do.

It is, most likely. As you said there’s no reason for them to stop making new models. And what new models are for? Correcting flaws.
That’s why they keep improving little by little instead of going 1:1 at first release!

Think about how a daytona rep looked like 10 years ago.
In a decade we reached a rep level that 98% of the people out there can’t call out.

It’s amazing to me!

Last edited: