• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Wow your cf bezel looks very dull..is it like that from day one? Or it faded away from time to time?

WenR

Honest Scammer
19/7/18
CF bezel faded, noob V3 is also faded. No perfect rep for ceramic bezel, its look great in 2weeks, after that you need to clean it with tooth paste dan soft brush to make it looks great again. If anyone said that V3 bezel not fade,,, just wait,,, :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pompompurin

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
CF bezel faded, noob V3 is also faded. No perfect rep for ceramic bezel, its look great in 2weeks, after that you need to clean it with tooth paste dan soft brush to make it looks great again. If anyone said that V3 bezel not fade,,, just wait,,, :D

I got a CF Daytona bezel that’s pushing 1 year. Zero fade...

Reactions: pompompurin

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Wow your cf bezel looks very dull..is it like that from day one? Or it faded away from time to time?

TBH.. is pretty much that in day 1. I am not sure what causing fading (maybe simply air + time), the CF bezel has a "nicer" finish on a loupe and apart of the font (which it might be more accurate), I am more happy with my #3

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I have 3 CF bezels on my Daytonas. Absolutely zero fading. Compared to the latest V3 Noob bezels they are in my opinion slightly better. In some viewing angles the Platinum Paint Looks richer and brighter.

That's exactly what Im saying! You can see on #2 (also a V3) it is much darker. I am not a few months in for both #2 and #3, #3 still looks pretty awesome. One wipe with a microfiber cloth it brings out the shiny again like new - hopefully it won't fade

srhoque

Respected Member
28/11/18
Have 4 CF bezels, oldest is over a year old. Absolutely zero fading. Maybe it’s luck...I also clean them periodically with warm water and a cotton swab. They are also inside a closed case when watch is not being worn. Ultimately, I think al rep bezels (CF, Noob or ARF) will lose the paint.. when that happens is the luck of the draw.

WenR

Honest Scammer
19/7/18
Im sorry for my poor english.
i thought faded is the number at bezel becomes darker because of sweat or dirt, so you have to clean it every times compare to gen bezel.
i agree that CF bezel is zero fading. But what i mean is you need to clean it every week or 2 to make it shine.
pictures with CF bezel after i clean it with tooth paste and soft brush. Pict with no edit and no filter. Light is in the living room, not so strong light.
20200822-111341.jpg
20200822-111359.jpg
20200822-111420.jpg

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
What i spoted is, when i first time started using watch it went around -5 seconds every day and last few days im on my vacation and i dont wear it that much,only maybe 2 hours in the morning and few hours in the evening so i wear it much less then before and it started to run faster like +5 secs per day which i more like but it is little weird or it is normal?

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
What i spoted is, when i first time started using watch it went around -5 seconds every day and last few days im on my vacation and i dont wear it that much,only maybe 2 hours in the morning and few hours in the evening so i wear it much less then before and it started to run faster like +5 secs per day which i more like but it is little weird or it is normal?

It’s normal. It will run slightly differently depending on what position it is in. Sitting face up, most movements run slightly faster than say sitting on its side. Extremely good gen movements will be much less difference between positions than say a clone assembled in a basement.

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
It’s normal. It will run slightly differently depending on what position it is in. Sitting face up, most movements run slightly faster than say sitting on its side. Extremely good gen movements will be much less difference between positions than say a clone assembled in a basement.

Yeah i know that and also i read somewhere that when the movement is at the end of the power reserve movement amplitude raise and watch runs faster

srhoque

Respected Member
28/11/18

+1. The watch balance (and balance weights) and the gears are subject to different forces of gravity in different orientation in addition to other factors. You explained it very well. This is why timegraphers give average reading because the wrist is supposed to move in all directions.

srhoque

Respected Member
28/11/18
Im sorry for my poor english.
i thought faded is the number at bezel becomes darker because of sweat or dirt, so you have to clean it every times compare to gen bezel.
i agree that CF bezel is zero fading. But what i mean is you need to clean it every week or 2 to make it shine.
pictures with CF bezel after i clean it with tooth paste and soft brush. Pict with no edit and no filter. Light is in the living room, not so strong light.
20200822-111341.jpg
20200822-111359.jpg
20200822-111420.jpg

I don’t know if this is lighting but your bezel is starting to look a bit too white, stop cleaning that often :p should be a tad more greyish (the platinum finish). Overall, watch like very good, wear in good health!!

Reactions: WenR

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I don’t know if this is lighting but your bezel is starting to look a bit too white, stop cleaning that often :p should be a tad more greyish (the platinum finish). Overall, watch like very good, wear in good health!!

i think is just the light of the flash

Reactions: srhoque

WenR

Honest Scammer
19/7/18
Nope, no flash. I used that CF bezel almost 1year. Wash it often when number gets darker. Bought the CF bezel in oct 2019