• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v10 116610 released?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I’m still wondering which physical laws are behind this phenomenon of rubber balls applying more force if used in an anticlockwise fashion as opposed to clockwise.

If it can undo it, it can do it up at least as tight as it was.

There are several. Force, disbursement of pressure, distribution of force, leverage, and friction to name a few. And sadly, it doesn’t work that way. Just. Because something works one way, doesn’t mean it works the other.

Reactions: Ecender

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
smoke Is a busy guy and probably has a lot of PMs to answer, plus live his life so my guess is he will get round to the review as and when he can. In the meantime I think there's enough in here to make an informed decision about the watch.

I think people are just getting way to picky about about a $300-450 watch that probably cost a lot less to produce and expecting Gen quality, materials, finishes etc... Just buy the watch and enjoy it for what it is. Most people will take one glance at your wrist and be like "wow nice Rolex" and keep it moving.

Not even. The other day I wore my Sea Dweller and some guy in one of my classes said “oh wow, we have the same watch!” And we both hold up our watches to glance and he’s wearing the Invicta Submariner homage and I had on the RLSD. He’s staring at it and still chuckling saying “what are the odds? Same watch!” He was staring right at it and couldn’t see the Rolex logo.

I didnt want to draw draw attention and come off as pretentious by saying “oh it’s a Rolex” or lie about authenticity and just said “you can’t go wrong with a dive watch” and he just asked “what do you mean by dive watch? They’re pretty good.”

After talking to him for a few and explaining what it meant, he thought “dive” in “dive watch” was used in the same context as dive in dive-bar. Lol

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Not even. The other day I wore my Sea Dweller and some guy in one of my classes said “oh wow, we have the same watch!” And we both hold up our watches to glance and he’s wearing the Invicta Submariner homage and I had on the RLSD. He’s staring at it and still chuckling saying “what are the odds? Same watch!” He was staring right at it and couldn’t see the Rolex logo.

I didnt want to draw draw attention and come off as pretentious by saying “oh it’s a Rolex” or lie about authenticity and just said “you can’t go wrong with a dive watch” and he just asked “what do you mean by dive watch? They’re pretty good.”

After talking to him for a few and explaining what it meant, he thought “dive” in “dive watch” was used in the same context as dive in dive-bar. Lol

Nice...and like many have said...no one is going to notice or care. I wear reps, I do restorations on collectable chronographs from the 1970's and no one notices but me...

Reactions: Hazing

TudorGstaad

28/6/19
No they are the same watch.ive not seen one example with the new v10 case shipping to customers. I've seen everyone's qc pics and pics of peoples v10s that they have received.none are using the nice case that was shown in the v10 reveal and promo and tds pics and vids[/QUOTE]

haha wow :eek:hmy:

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
if you have a noob v9 stick to that.... because theres no difference i can see that will warrant a upgrade from v8/9 to 10

flowyn33

Horology Curious
23/10/19
Hi, I have question about the Rehaut position of the V10.

Why I find pictures of the Rehaut letters ( R O L...) from 8 to 12 were the position is not on the minutes.
and other pictures of the V10 are perfectly right

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
if you have a noob v9 stick to that.... because theres no difference i can see that will warrant a upgrade from v8/9 to 10

The new movement and gen type bezel assembly and insert are definitely upgrades worth getting. Everyone went nuts for the zzf with a decorated movement for the insert and rounded markers.

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
The new movement and gen type bezel assembly and insert are definitely upgrades worth getting. Everyone went nuts for the zzf with a decorated movement for the insert and rounded markers.

not really, on close inspection the zzf wasnt that good at all, that pic comparision review just made it look so.. and people (most of them) who bought the zzf put it on m2m. the bezel on the arf is amazing aswell. so imo theres no real reason to go for a v10, if you have a v8/9.

WRAPPSWISS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/19
the clasp (thing that closes the bracelet on ur wrist with the crown on it) on my v10 feels so bad.. when its open it has so much jank and moves around. any easy fix? im going to give my bracelet a noob bath tomorrow

Last edited:

mabruh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/19
Canada
Mine is with courier driver delivery today. I have already ordered an arf bracelet for it. Looking forward to comparing it to my v8

Just got my QC pics for mine, looks great. Where can I find just the ARF bracelet alone?

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Exciting! Hopefully you can open it up and confirm which movement it has.

watch has arrived

First Impressions
bezel insert is really good, very even accurate colour, sparkles in direct sunlight. Looks perfect under loupe
bezel turns more lightly and smoothly than my v8
markers are slightly creamier in colour than v8
sels are tight and even on all sides
Clasp is shit. bad alignment and doesnt shut smoothly Bracelet feels rattly and light compared to the v8
Dial printing is more accurate

Last edited:
Reactions: indywatchguy