• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Sub-C V6 coming soon...

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
0iXVoRD.jpg

endie29

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/14
Hi Guys, hope someone can help - I am currently interested purchasing the V5 HULK do you guys think the colour of green correct or at least really close ? if any one have them would be fantastic to help me out.

hope to hear soon

many thanks

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Hi Guys, hope someone can help - I am currently interested purchasing the V5 HULK do you guys think the colour of green correct or at least really close ? if any one have them would be fantastic to help me out.

hope to hear soon

many thanks

Not close to gen I've posted many pics v5 hulk vs gen colour test.search my posts on here or rg

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

hope to hear soon

many thanks

Not close to gen I've posted many pics v5 hulk vs gen colour test.search my posts on here or rg

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
By definition, a rep is a copy and, therefore, can't be "perfect". There will always be some tell--however slight. Most super reps like the AP Diver V7, Pam 243 v2/3 etc are amazing copies, but def not perfect! Since they aren't really seen in the wild, only a few can really spot the tells. Obviously, the sub-c is one of the most iconic modern watches on the market and most of know someone who owns a gen (or can try a gen on at a local AD). So, it is going to be scrutinized to a greater extent than other super reps. Smoke's comments are probably dead on accurate, but you noobs need to take them with a grain of salt. To spot most of these "tells" you really require a side by side comparison with various gens using macro pictures or a loupe. In the real world, no one is going to see a noob v5 or v6 (long end links and all) on your wrist and think "fake" if you look like you could afford a gen. If you are living in you parents' basement and drive a 1994 Honda Civic, they'll think it's fake even if it's gen or, alternatively, think that you have seriously f----ed up priorities!

The bottom line is the noob v5/v6 is a really good (but not perfect) rep that will make most of us very happy as long as you don't have acute OCD (if you do, the rep game isn't for you anyway). For the $278 tony is selling the V5 for, you really can't go wrong. I just placed my order. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Amen to that! :)

By definition, a rep is a copy and, therefore, can't be "perfect". There will always be some tell--however slight. Most super reps like the AP Diver V7, Pam 243 v2/3 etc are amazing copies, but def not perfect! Since they aren't really seen in the wild, only a few can really spot the tells. Obviously, the sub-c is one of the most iconic modern watches on the market and most of know someone who owns a gen (or can try a gen on at a local AD). So, it is going to be scrutinized to a greater extent than other super reps. Smoke's comments are probably dead on accurate, but you noobs need to take them with a grain of salt. To spot most of these "tells" you really require a side by side comparison with various gens using macro pictures or a loupe. In the real world, no one is going to see a noob v5 or v6 (long end links and all) on your wrist and think "fake" if you look like you could afford a gen. If you are living in you parents' basement and drive a 1994 Honda Civic, they'll think it's fake even if it's gen or, alternatively, think that you have seriously f----ed up priorities!

The bottom line is the noob v5/v6 is a really good (but not perfect) rep that will make most of us very happy as long as you don't have acute OCD (if you do, the rep game isn't for you anyway). For the $278 tony is selling the V5 for, you really can't go wrong. I just placed my order. :)

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
I'm stoked on this V6 though, it allowed me to get a hell of a deal on a V5 from Tony! :thumbup:

It's so fun watching these pieces evolve though. It's impressive seeing the amount of effort put in by members and TDs to improve each version, it really shows why these are replicas, instead of "fakes".

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I'm stoked on this V6 though, it allowed me to get a hell of a deal on a V5 from Tony! :thumbup:

It's so fun watching these pieces evolve though. It's impressive seeing the amount of effort put in by members and TDs to improve each version, it really shows why these are replicas, instead of "fakes".

Yes, the V6 really does help us bargain hunters pick up a great deal on a v5. Moreover, the v6 dial is actually less accurate in my opinion. The v5 dial is an excellent copy of a 2009/2010 sub-c dial, while the v6 has the print of the more common 2012-2014 dial, but the markers have the thicker hour marker rings of the 2009/10 version. How is that really an improvement? I would spend an extra $80 for a V6, that's for sure!!!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
V5 dial is a copy of a 2015 dial.and so is the v6.there are 7 different dials that are being used on 116610s across the life of the 116610 these dials have been used since 2010 to 2015 116610s gens read my dial thread all the pics are there.there is no mk1 mk2 Mk3 mk4 etc etc reason being the dials you see on 2011 sub c is being used on 2015 subs.like I said all 7 dials have and are still being used on new subs.in my ad yesterday the new 116610s with the new style rehaut printing had the noob v4 dial.but today they had another 116610 with the new case engraving and that had one of the rare dial layouts that noobs may think is an old dial but it's not

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
V5 dial is a copy of a 2015 dial.and so is the v6.there are 7 different dials that are being used on 116610s across the life of the 116610 these dials have been used since 2010 to 2015 116610s gens read my dial thread all the pics are there.there is no mk1 mk2 Mk3 mk4 etc etc reason being the dials you see on 2011 sub c is being used on 2015 subs.like I said all 7 dials have and are still being used on new subs.in my ad yesterday the new 116610s with the new style rehaut printing had the noob v4 dial.but today they had another 116610 with the new case engraving and that had one of the rare dial layouts that noobs may think is an old dial but it's not
Interesting. So you are saying that Rolex is using various dial versions on their watches at the same time???? It guess that makes sense. I visited a shop that specialize in preowned gens and saw four sub c's. Two had the same dial and the other two each had different dials (three dial versions four watches). With the new Rolex serial number system, I couldn't tell the production dates. I just assumed based on review pictures that the v5 dial was a 2011 dial.

To me, this means these minor differences between dials is pointless since a different in dial font, spacing etc. isn't a tell without a chart available to cross reference differences between and among gen versions. The makers should, therefore, focus on cleaning up the lugs, endlinks and crown guards and leave well enough alone with dials. They can change the dial, but probably won't make it appreciably better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Interesting. So you are saying that Rolex is using various dial versions on their watches at the same time???? It guess that makes sense. I visited a shop that specialize in preowned gens and saw four sub c's. Two had the same dial and the other two each had different dials (three dial versions four watches). With the new Rolex serial number system, I couldn't tell the production dates. I just assumed based on review pictures that the v5 dial was a 2011 dial.

To me, this means these minor differences between dials is pointless since a different in dial font, spacing etc. isn't a tell without a chart available to cross reference differences between and among gen versions. The makers should, therefore, focus on cleaning up the lugs, endlinks and crown guards and leave well enough alone with dials. They can change the dial, but probably won't make it appreciably better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bro I personally don't care about rep dials as I always use a gen dial in my subs but for people that don't care for a gen dial a noob v6 dial is ok and would be perfect with thinner marker rims but it's a good rep dial.anyway the bracelet and sel and case are important to me more than anything else

Pashaman

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
24/9/15
One thing that nobody seemed to mention (and I apologize if this was addressed already [this is a long thread and i very quickly skimmed through everything]) is the difference in crystal height between the Noob V6 and V5. I took it upon myself the other day to spend a good amount of time browsing the forum and consolidating other members photos of both the V5 and V6 models. Based off of the side by side comparisons of the gathered photos, it looks like there was an improvement made on the newer V6 with the height of the sapphire. I'd like to emphasize again that these are not my photos, so any differences noted could be due to differences in macro settings (but even then, I don't think it would make the crystal look THAT much different) See below:

*Side note 1 - I tried to group all the photos I gathered according to:
1.) Picture quality
2.) Relative distance of the watch from the camera (there would be no point trying to compare a low quality photo from 2 feet away to a high quality macro close-up)
3.) Parallelism of the axis

*Side note 2- I feel like all the people bashing on the lack of improvements made to the v6 are all v5 owners and just trying to find a reason to not upgrade lol...

V5V6%2520CRYSTAL%2520COMPARISON_zpsfjkepz7s.png
[/URL][/IMG]