• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

noob requesting back up for first purchase

santaclaws490

Horology Curious
11/7/13
noob first purchase and intro

Hello community, :howdy:

So apparently this is an incredibly generic thread :p. So I am not quite sure how an introduction goes on a forum but I shall give it my best shot.

Anyways originally I am from Toronto, but have recently moved to South East Asia specifically Bangkok. I have always liked watches but more for aesthetic and symbol rather than what actually stood behind them. I then invested some time into actually learning what was behind the surface of all those pretty timepieces and, well not surprised, but intrigued at how much variety, detail and expertise is behind it all.

In short I have a new found fascination with watches, managed to stumble on to this glorious hub of information, and wish to be a part of the community...somewhat.

Onto my first purchase--

My favorite watches are the:

Breguet 5 day power reserve functioning automatic (the one cwazy1 posted about recently) at around 750 (on watch eden) to 850 (on intime).

The submariner lv green bezel
the 2836 clone movt or the 3135 movt price from the former @ around 200+ to the latter at around 400

And the explorer 2.

I am leaning towards the sub lv for a start, but I am so uncertain of what movement to go for. Whats the huge difference between the two movements aside from the ability to replace the 3135 with gen parts? Would it be better to get something from BK with all his pro mods? Which would look the most gen?

The breguet is gonna be my second purchase (wait for a few more reviews to come about) as it is a bit pricey for me at the moment.

Thank you for any and all, and even a lack of, help

:cheers:

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Questions about a sub for your first post? Imagine that... lol,,,,, try introducing yourself and you may get a better response...... good luck....

santaclaws490

Horology Curious
11/7/13
Questions about a sub for your first post? Imagine that... lol,,,,, try introducing yourself and you may get a better response...... good luck....

Well it's not just about a sub :D.. Appreciate the tip, I shall add an introduction.

Luthier

30/9/09
3135 accept gen. parts??? :rofl:
And yes, please, go and introduce yourself.

Luthier

30/9/09
Dial and hands are NOT a movements parts, mate. This mov't is as far from gen. 3135, as I'm far from being the King of Siam.
;)

mitchbaria

15/10/12
If you want a LV the best available is the TC submariner....The Breguet is beautiful watch, I'm negotiating for one now.

santaclaws490

Horology Curious
11/7/13
If you want a LV the best available is the TC submariner....The Breguet is beautiful watch, I'm negotiating for one now.

aye the moment I get my hands on some extra cash I am getting one 100%. Thanks for the advice on the lv. Will check it out. :D

D

d4m.test

TC Subs are rumored to be selling for under $500 (I think $480?) with a clone movement in the very near future. It sounds true, but I haven't actually seen any confirmation on his site or his sections on various boards.

Depending on the specs, it's a very good price. I don't think it comes with the LV insert though.