• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Disagreed, how can a watch that can't be relied on to tell time and that has to be treated with silk gloves for the simple task to set the date or the hour hand - it is after all a GMT - be considered a rep of the year or a super rep?

The Noob Daytona looks the part and runs!

Agree to disagree...Very minor updgrades to make this thing look the part( Crystal and dial markers). Also, guys are working on a temp fix of the movement craps or swap to ICHS. Im unfamiliar with the Noob Daytona and I do know it has a killer movement too but it’s challenged by the ARF Daytona.

here’s a video of the stock noob next to my gen..

https://youtu.be/2sEfMrd_eoM

here’s the positives...case, bracelet, SELs are tight, insert, clasp...ok items are bezel, dial, and Crystal. Again very minor flaws. If it’s available in ICHS, it takes away the movement scare.

Should start a list of top reps again..

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Nice comparison

IMG-20191024-WA0012_zpsf6pfhrpk.jpg

Wow

pecupecu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/19
This is a very good rep, and most likely I'll get one but it certainly can't be regarded as a super rep. It needs a gen crystal as the magnification is a fair way out, and the missing black hole obviously. The movement is a problem as there are already quite a few failures. The one thing that is apparent in the image above is the difference in the red tone, if you look around the 8/16 area in the centre you can see the rep is browner. I'm hoping this is not too obvious in the flesh. (granted it looks ok in over exposed day light/full sun lit shots!)

Gen watches can also have dif magnifications.

all the watches are gen.

CyclopsMagnifications-e1454363133947.jpg

magnif.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Itto and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
wow looks identical, left is gen or with gen crystal?

what about this movement? is it good or should wait for another release, saw some people complaining about it in the beginning of this thread

Gen is on the left, look at the rounded corners on the 6 o'clock marker. The one with the red paint spillover on the GMT hand sliver arrowhead frame. Reject!

I say that humorously, but my gen GMT came with a defective hand which I immediately had replaced. It was done without question.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Rolex had a bad batch of cyclops in 2015 that were 2.0x not 2.5x. Or maybe they were headed in that direction, IDK. But there was such displeasure with them and so many complaints they replaced crystals for buyers and went back to 2.5x.

Reactions: Neo_7 and TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Rolex had a bad batch of cyclops in 2015 that were 2.0x not 2.5x. Or maybe they were headed in that direction, IDK. But there was such displeasure with them and so many complaints they replaced crystals for buyers and went back to 2.5x.

Wait... are you saying that gen watches aren't perfect !!!!

Reactions: KJ2020

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I found this video for the noob on YouTube

https://youtu.be/OgcIqf_fspQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the 'Swiss Made Clones ' guy ! The guy who was showing various Chinese reps on his YouTube channels , claiming they were made by his friend who was a master watchsmith to order in his Swiss factory . The videos where his personal watches and for demonstration purposes only, nothing was for sale :D , but if you contacted him on Instagram he would sell you one . They took his old channel down , he has stopped talking on these and changed his gloves but definitely same guy . He pairs the watch with a genuine box and warranty card in his videos , then sells you a 'high end ' say $700 Noob Daytona for a $1000 and claims it was Swiss made .

There were lots of threads about him on here usually started by Noobs ! Nicely shot and lit though great for looking a Chinese rep watches in the flesh before you buy from TD .

Reactions: KJ2020

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
That's the 'Swiss Made Clones ' guy ! The guy who was showing various Chinese reps on his YouTube channels , claiming they were made by his friend who was a master watchsmith to order in his Swiss factory . The videos where his personal watches and for demonstration purposes only, nothing was for sale :D , but if you contacted him on Instagram he would sell you one . They took his old channel down , he has stopped talking on these and changed his gloves but definitely same guy . He pairs the watch with a genuine box and warranty card in his videos , then sells you a 'high end ' say $700 Noob Daytona for a $1000 and claims it was Swiss made .

There were lots of threads about him on here usually started by Noobs ! Nicely shot and lit though great for looking a Chinese rep watches in the flesh before you buy from TD .

I've seen this guy before! I knew it seemed familiar lol

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
That's exactly what Im doing to mine...gen crystal and GMF dial and call it a day. If we had those rep of the year votes...this one gets mine..like we did back in the day in RWI.

Did you find a supplier for the dial ? if so what price where you getting quoted.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Agree to disagree...Very minor updgrades to make this thing look the part( Crystal and dial markers). Also, guys are working on a temp fix of the movement craps or swap to ICHS. Im unfamiliar with the Noob Daytona and I do know it has a killer movement too but it’s challenged by the ARF Daytona.

here’s the positives...case, bracelet, SELs are tight, insert, clasp...ok items are bezel, dial, and Crystal. Again very minor flaws. If it’s available in ICHS, it takes away the movement scare.

Thanks for the video , Dial markers dont seem too noticeable in hand but still would take it to the next level, is that video with the gen glass in it ?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

Is BLNR gen?

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15

More like $1500 for a noob Daytona, guys a joke.

Where did he even get that table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Interesting to see all the comments on my picture. I posted it purposely to show how good the reps have become. Most of you are 100% wrong. Both watches are Noob reps. The one on the left has the upgraded Xtal.