• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
been away from rep game for 2 years. I’m so excited about 4130 clone and wanted to pull the trigger. It’s too bad that noob’s dial looks like it has extra chromosome. I think the sub dials rings are too thick.

1_C330_CE2_8_BC1_4_A66_9260_F9_C0_A13_D8_D88.jpg

F8_E45755_ACF6_447_B_BBC3_E9_D1_B3_DDC69_D.jpg

Slap a GEN dial on it and be done with it. Have I mentioned its a drop in installation?!

Kornsoup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/16
Or just buy gen and be done with it / s.
smh. I’ll wait for V2

potenza1985

Looking Around
19/6/15
Hi, I'm looking for a v2 Noob Daytona, what is the more accurate replica in terms of dial and bezel between black/white and 116500/116520?
Thanks in advice

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Compare the photos with gen ones?

That's what everyone else has to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Does this help? I am not an expert and don’t know what exactly to look for as improvement or not..

Thanks for sharing. Doesn't really look much better.

​​​​​​​
been away from rep game for 2 years. I’m so excited about 4130 clone and wanted to pull the trigger. It’s too bad that noob’s dial looks like it has extra chromosome. I think the sub dials rings are too thick.

Having owned ARF, Noob, and gen 116500 Daytona dials. The Noob's subdials rings are slightly thicker then the gen's subdial rings and the ARF's subdial rings are slightly thinner. I'll try to post comparison pictures sometime.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Steel dial is miles off. They've just used the 116500 dial in making one for their 116520 (gen left)

d22f3102e41327d87fa9aa696a777b3e.jpg

Steel bezel is pretty iffy as well (gen left)

8d896e0132445a149a1db0cb32f02e79.jpg

V2 ceramic dial is much better. Spacing and boldness still slightly off but a much better attempt (gen right)

6925a6e41da7a2779b06d4a1090e3a47.jpg

Bezel engravings are still a bit skinny but at least it lines up (gen right)

c6475f1a72d46731632b461e1d0cdb4b.jpg

Kornsoup

11/2/16
My sincere apologies for sounding like a cunt. But people need to talk more about noob retarded dial so they could improve the dial in the next generation. It just doesn’t seem right to just shut up and go franken and kiss our lord&savior mr creme de la creme’s feet. I’m not comfortable to spend another $1400 for gen dial on a non proven movement.

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
My sincere apologies for sounding like a cunt. But people need to talk more about noob retarded dial so they could improve the dial in the next generation. It just doesn’t seem right to just shut up and go franken and kiss our lord&savior mr creme de la creme’s feet. I’m not comfortable to spend another $1400 for gen dial on a non proven movement.

I can understand the frustration, no apologies needed. Lets think about for a moment here - Noob sells their new Daytonas like hot cakes now, most of the dealers scrambling for stock as we speak. And the availability is limited. Dont even think for a second that they'll improve how the watch looks until the hype is over. TBH untill the 4130 will be available to other makers/factories (I seriously doubt it) Noob Daytonas will be the best/fastest selling reps in the industry. Relatively there should be no worries about the 4130 clone performance or longevity. I've asked around modders and watchmakers who has seen the clone and all of them agreed on how well the movement is made. Almost all parts are interchangeable with gen. That should put your mind at ease.
On the side note, I've got gen bridges, main barrel with spring assy, and bunch of other gen 4130 parts that I wanted put in my Franken but it doesn't make sense to replace with clone counterparts. It's that good! Search the forum for slaughterer62 report on 4130 clone. IMHO, V2 is good enough OTB, but once you go Franken route it'll bring the watch to another level not reachable to a ARF Daytona models. Choice is always yours and yours alone.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Maybe because I need the chrono function for boiling my soft-boiled 7-Minute eggs in the morning and then in the evening for my pasta al dente, I will always be wearing a functioning chrono at those times of the day. Rolexwatchfan is right on target and so is guru: the Noob 4130 movement is probably the most significant capex investment Noob has made in replication in many, many years: it is a monster achievement. Noob have successfully simulated a high-performance, high-cost (> $5,000) chrono movement and are selling it at less than 1/10th the cost of the genuine movement at 98% of the quality. Personally, I do not want to promote this watch too much (uh oh, denegation) because it will only make it harder to greedily purchase yet more of them for my personal Franken projects. The whole obsessive macro culture of SELs (not so bad on Noob) and dial prints (one tick, two tick, etc.) is missing the point on this release: it is almost all about the movement…. With the Daytona bubble which make it almost impossible for us little sailors to lay our hands on a gen Cer Daytona for the next 8 years (!!!) this will do fine, and might even be the exit rep from the long waiting list at the snooty Rolex Ads and a relief from the Hodinkee-driven Daytona bull market. With full functionality, AND (if you really need it, I am not convinced you do) full compatability with all of the sweet goodies available on the M2M parts grey market…and a movement that can be turned up above 300amp by any mildly experienced mod monkey (me included) and with more than 80 hours PR… I will happily bow to Mr. Creme de la Creme for the one achievement in the last 4 years from them that is restoring my faith in them. Well done Noob!

Kornsoup

11/2/16
This is V2 :crazy: Btw, good luck running into GEN owner who will compare both your watches side by side with micro lens. Or even worse when you buy ARF model he would want to "race both chronographs" :rofl:

Good thing I don’t have any gay friend like that then. Sounds like a dude who would jerk off in tandem with you to see who cum 1st. Lol

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Maybe because I need the chrono function for boiling my soft-boiled 7-Minute eggs in the morning and then in the evening for my pasta al dente, I will always be wearing a functioning chrono at those times of the day. Rolexwatchfan is right on target and so is guru: the Noob 4130 movement is probably the most significant capex investment Noob has made in replication in many, many years: it is a monster achievement. Noob have successfully simulated a high-performance, high-cost (> $5,000) chrono movement and are selling it at less than 1/10th the cost of the genuine movement at 98% of the quality. Personally, I do not want to promote this watch too much (uh oh, denegation) because it will only make it harder to greedily purchase yet more of them for my personal Franken projects. The whole obsessive macro culture of SELs (not so bad on Noob) and dial prints (one tick, two tick, etc.) is missing the point on this release: it is almost all about the movement…. With the Daytona bubble which make it almost impossible for us little sailors to lay our hands on a gen Cer Daytona for the next 8 years (!!!) this will do fine, and might even be the exit rep from the long waiting list at the snooty Rolex Ads and a relief from the Hodinkee-driven Daytona bull market. With full functionality, AND (if you really need it, I am not convinced you do) full compatability with all of the sweet goodies available on the M2M parts grey market…and a movement that can be turned up above 300amp by any mildly experienced mod monkey (me included) and with more than 80 hours PR… I will happily bow to Mr. Creme de la Creme for the one achievement in the last 4 years from them that is restoring my faith in them. Well done Noob!

My apologies for invocation my friend but the crowd will rather listen to authority than mere Assmonkey Daytona passionate (that would be me). :clap_1:

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
My apologies for invocation my friend but the crowd will rather listen to authority than mere Assmonkey Daytona passionate (that would be me). :clap_1:

It is ok. I was somehow storing that post inside me like a time bomb: it needed to get out ever since I saw guru's latest comparison thread and since I shipped off your little goody last week. My personal home computer is being repaired at Apple right now: I am typing this on my wife's cheap laptop. This should show how much I care. But if haters are going to hate, then passionate Daytona aficionados (I will not use the word "assmonkeys" for this inner circle of seasoned gentlemen) like us are going to have a much easier time buying these Noobs. One day I predict it will be an urban legend how good the first few batches of the Noob Daytona were. Who knows how long it will last until Rolex legal or some trade war driven task force seizes them all. Until then… the candy store for Daytona Franken bases is open.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Noob v2 with ARF bezel and dial...this is why

18626373b5f492631d647dc6f6ede615.jpg

Top is gen, middle is noob, bottom is ARF

Couldn't care less about the ticks, the ROLEX is the important bit. Noob isn't quite there, ARF is closer.

a65ff6367cf068c21547facfe6cab2a0.jpg

Left to right, noob > gen > ARF

Engravings are much closer on the ARF

I'm no ARF fanboy, I couldn't bring myself to buy a watch with two very clearly different subdial pinions....because the hands are basically stuck on.

However, with the absence of ceramic bezels and 116500 dials floating around, by combining the best bits of both watches, you've got something very reasonable for the money.

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I think Noob has a better dial and ARF has the better bezel. Sorry for the glitch, I didn't notice it until right before I uploaded it.

afrgennoob.jpg

Last edited:

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
Like I said CRM jewellers in Miami a very reputable store have one now for $18500 give them a call. $24000 is like everything else in NYC a rip off. As for has Steel Daytona ever been so high I guess its all relative. When gold daytona's were £15k in the UK the stainless was £9/10k now a gold is anywhere from £17k to £23k grey market price and the daytona is £13 to £15k so its still the about the same. If you talking about scrap price gold per kg todays price is around £29900 in the uk seeing as a gold daytona weighs in around 205g that puts the gold value of the watch at £6130 roughly and thats if every component is solid gold which it isn't.. Just because its gold don't think you are getting value for money in the weight of the gold.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what its worth it matters how badly people want it and what there willing to pay. Is a stainless patek phillippe nautilus 5711 worth 20k to 25k over list lol no of course not but I guarantee you someone will pay it.

I may be wrong but i believe the cartier plate has been added to the arf to reduce rotar noise i don't think it came like that. The daytona in your images is bad. Those sub dials are far too fat I could pick that out as a rep on someones wrist no problem at all. It just looks wrong.

Went round hatton garden on my lunch break. Cheapest 2017 Ceramic used is $22k. No sign of one for $16k? You must be as good watch expert as you are a negotiator if you can tell the Noob on wrist. Unless you are side by side with the gen you will have trouble mate seriously. As per usual on RWI people are comparing magnified images etc. I’ve got a ceramic gmt gen mos people on here would the SEL is wrong blah blah.

The Noob 4130 is a big milestone in reps the movement is amazing. That’s why it’s selling like crazy.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
I think Noob has a better dial and ARF has the better bezel. Sorry for the glitch, I didn't notice it until right before I uploaded it.

["}[/IMG2]

I'm not sure if it's just because the Arf pic is slightly out of focus, but apart from the text size on the noob it's looking better