• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
OK I’m new to this hobby, but a (VERY) keen learner. From what I can gather from this thread if you want a working sub dials watch that is near to Gen then you have to:

1. Buy BOTH ARF and Noob 116520s with white dials.
2. Swap, bezel, dial and bracelet out of ARF into Noob
3. BUT the ARF dial won’t fit into the Noob so you have to buy a genuine dial (can be black or white if you do this) or shave the ARF dial which I can’t do and can’t find anyone in Australia (or Overseas) who can for me. Does anyone know who can?

This way I get a VERY GOOD Rep for a fraction of the price?
I don’t know where to buy the watches from but Intime, Pure Time and Chazingtime will be able to fix me up I think? (any suggestions). I’ve used Intime before and they were GREAT!

Can you guys tell me where I’m going wrong on this plan? If I’m correct in what I plan then maybe this will save a lot of reading for others and will basically be pretty well as good as you can get without too much expertise. . Now I know you “experts” will see all kinds of minor faults with the finished article but I reckon this would fool 99.9% of people and after all it is a rep!

FYI……I’m currently modding a (2012) 116599 RBOW in steel (bought from InTime) with a new dial. bezel and Moissanite diamonds and so far haven’t hit any obstacles. I know a LOT of people don’t like this watch but I do. I will post a thread with pictures when it’s all finished. Will cost me about $US5,000 when finished and I’m guessing another month to complete.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
My obsession with daytona's is now eating away at retirement "nest egg" If this continues st the current rate, I'll be divorced after 30 years of marriage, I will no longer own my truck to get to the marina where I won't be able to pay to keep the boat that I'm going to have to sell because I can't afford it. I will be homeless, but I'll at least have a few great looking daytona to wear as I crawl into my card board box shelter.

It's these simple pleasures in life
that keep us going. :)

Any body have an extra ARF daytona 4130(a7750) Crown and Stem they would sell ?

kerstin08

Known Member
20/5/17
Anyone of you know, where I can buy only a dial for the noob model? Which TD?

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
MrTimeZone

I can't access his( mr.tz) parts order form, will he respond to Pm's?
Or does he have an email?
If so, any one share it?
Thanks !

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
he sells all parts? did he build for example arf daytona with noob dial? or only parts?

Hes not going to build you a franken like that...but maybe he can sell you noob daytona AND an arf dial (bc why would you want it the other way around?). Im not sure, I havent ordered parts from, just watches.

Reactions: Wurstriwl

Wurstriwl

Known Member
24/8/18
Hes not going to build you a franken like that...but maybe he can sell you noob daytona AND an arf dial (bc why would you want it the other way around?). Im not sure, I havent ordered parts from, just watches.

yes, noob daytona and arf dial but... i have nobody who can install it for me :(

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
yes, noob daytona and arf dial but... i have nobody who can install it for me :(

Here is link to the approved SV's here ( Service Providers)
Once you decide the type of watch/Parts, etc. you would like by doing some reading on the forums and researching and reading some more, then you can read some more and research which SV is located closest to you. You can then contact the SV, discuss what you you need done and go from there. Doing lots of reading on your own is the best way to make an educated decision to getting the watch that best suits your needs and fits your budget.
Best to make your own decision based on all the available resources/reviews provided by fellow members of the forum. Keep in mind that nothing is 100% as gen except for gen. Start out by reading the "FAQ about replicas" at the "New Members Start Here" section before you do anything else. Be sure you read and fully understand the forums rules and "Stickies".

Here is a link for the SV's:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/supporting-vendors

Good luck and enjoy !

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
So I ordered a 116520 noob sa4130 and ARF 116500 at the same time. Originally was going to swap a bunch of ARF parts into the noob and likely still will. But after ordering one part I read would NOT fit was the ARF bracelet on the Noob case. However, that doesn't seem to be the case for me. My noob SEL fitment sucked, but the ARF bracelet fits pretty damn well. Is it perfect? No, but no rep bracelets ever are. Much better than noob bracelet on noob case was though.

20180924_143547_zps1t7qyetg.jpg

20180924_143545_zpsgjelj4vw.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020 and MrBeasy