• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie - PP5711 Build

desertun

Horology Curious
2/8/22
Been talking to another modder , his work looks more promising, see if u guys agree with me or I'm being rubbish

desertun

Horology Curious
2/8/22
3KF PP 324 SC clone movement, great. I wouldn't spend fund for a white gen 5711 dial because imho the PPF rendition is very good but each their own. Regarding the DW your can source a gen one eg. from here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/genuine-patek-philippe-date-wheel-for-5711-5167.10827068/ or you may get a custom made one from here: https://datedisk.com/ or from a Buff agent/reseller. Regardong the movement you might want to improve it with a gen rotor (https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/genuine-pp-324-sc-18k-gold-rotor-for-5711-5167.10827313/).
Thx for pointing me to perfection

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Been talking to another modder , his work looks more promising, see if u guys agree with me or I'm being rubbish
Tnt remold has expensive builds, he uses.real.gold cases, gen movement gen dial hands dw at the builds i see advertising

You need to be careful with that money involved that you will get what you pay and not get scammed

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Go with safe route imo
SpongeBob is your best bet, you can find him here under that name here

desertun

Horology Curious
2/8/22
Tnt remold has expensive builds, he uses.real.gold cases, gen movement gen dial hands dw at the builds i see advertising

You need to be careful with that money involved that you will get what you pay and not get scamm

Go with safe route imo
SpongeBob is your best bet, you can find him here under that name here
Thanks for the reminder. Not going down the real gold real gen route with TNT remold. Have already PMed SpongeBob and waiting for his reply. Hope he will reply.

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22
Im in a similar situation with you mate. Looking at the most possible gen-like. At first im planning to get the hybrid route with AMF using buff dial. However, further research have shown buff have a problem with qc.

Might go the white hybrid build

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Im in a similar situation with you mate. Looking at the most possible gen-like. At first im planning to get the hybrid route with AMF using buff dial. However, further research have shown buff have a problem with qc.

Might go the white hybrid build
Imho, my 2 cents, to each their own and as an owner of a modded (not hybrid) white PPF 5711 rep. While white 5711 is a beautiful watch I wouldn't spend much money on that unless you are planning to replace its dial and hands with the blue one at one point.

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22
Imho, my 2 cents, to each their own and as an owner of a modded (not hybrid) white PPF 5711 rep. While white 5711 is a beautiful watch I wouldn't spend much money on that unless you are planning to replace its dial and hands with the blue one at one point.
thank you for this one boss. maybe in the future boss i'll change it to blue.

based on the reviews that i've seen, the route was to go PF base + 3KF clone movement + PPFv4 white dial

What mods did you do for your ppf boss if i may ask

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
thank you for this one boss. maybe in the future boss i'll change it to blue.

based on the reviews that i've seen, the route was to go PF base + 3KF clone movement + PPFv4 white dial

What mods did you do for your ppf boss if i may ask
Exactly. In that build you can swap the dial and the hands for the blue Buff or PPF ones in the future. Btw, please expect you won't be able to reach the gen case thickness with that build (ca. 8.7-8.9 mm vs. 8.3 mm) and the PF bracelet a bit more robust than the 3KF or PPF ones.

Regarding my white PPF 5711 rep the mods were only case and bracelet re-finishing, crown trimming and the ruby color correction of the visible movement jewels.

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22
Exactly. In that build you can swap the dial and the hands for the blue Buff or PPF ones in the future. Btw, please expect you won't be able to reach the gen case thickness with that build (ca. 8.7-8.9 mm vs. 8.3 mm) and the PF bracelet a bit more robust than the 3KF or PPF ones.

Regarding my white PPF 5711 rep the mods were only case and bracelet re-finishing, crown trimming and the ruby color correction of the visible movement jewels.
Thank you for this one boss. This is really appreciated.

I might get hybrid build with @AMF - with this route, if ever i wanted to change from white to blue or green in the future, only the dials/hands are needed to be replaced.

Thanks boss!!

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thank you for this one boss. This is really appreciated.

I might get hybrid build with @AMF - with this route, if ever i wanted to change from white to blue or green in the future, only the dials/hands are needed to be replaced.

Thanks boss!!
For the Buff blue and green dials you may need the appropriate Buff or Biodone/Keylog DWs. Also ask @AMF to do your build with a custom DW which fits the white PPF dial. I'm not sure if it can be made but AMF will surely do their best.

cartierjoe

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/22

You need to be careful with that money involved that you will get what you pay and not get scammed

Hi, may I see those builds?

I searched for "Tnt remold" and I can't find them.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Is PF bracelet the best for hybrid build?
I like the PF bracelet but some say PPF or 3KF bracelets are more gen like. However, not sure if PPF or 3KF bracelets fit PF case even with modification.

cartierjoe

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/22
I like the PF bracelet but some say PPF or 3KF bracelets are more gen like. However, not sure if PPF or 3KF bracelets fit PF case even with modification.

I did read its PF Case and Bracelet, 3KF Movement and PPF Dial and hands.

But can you buy from TD that way or you have to buy all 3 watches?

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22

There are modders here that could help you with this. @AMF is a one stop shop that could help you with this.

Reactions: cartierjoe

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU

Dont bother

Buy from a Td a 3kf v2 5711(500usd) and a ppfv4 dial(50usd) , from the guys here keylog-bionone their dw and you are good to go

If you want an extra step buy from Spongebob his modded 5711 dial (option to have Tiffany stamp if you like)

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Hi, may I see those builds?

I searched for "Tnt remold" and I can't find them.
All these are big modders from Asia(tnt remold,sw remold,Dapeng factory, ipk factory , yz and many many more) , there are at wechat and some Chinese platforms

Reactions: cartierjoe

cartierjoe

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/22
All these are big modders from Asia(tnt remold,sw remold,Dapeng factory, ipk factory , yz and many many more) , there are at wechat and some Chinese platforms

Great I am in Asia as well, but not yet familiar with them. I'll check wechat, if you have a link to their platforms, I'll appreciate it.
Thanks!

aaadir1020

Looking Around
1/10/18
hey mate, there are couple of very talented modders/watchsmith here who can help you with that - legend , spongebob but building one from scratch takes time and lot of patience sourcing parts being the biggest challenge. i am just done sourcing parts for myself for a 5711 build also there is one for sale at M2M sales if you want a pre-build with gen dial. u can check that out .
This one still for sale?
Available please?