• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie - PP5711 Build

desertun

Horology Curious
2/8/22
Hi All
I'm new to RWI and new to rep watch.

Although prices for luxury watches like Patek Phillipe Nautilus have dropped along with the recent crypto downstill, the price for PP5711 white dial is still asking for over £100k, can't justify myself spending £100k on a watch. I want to build a 5711 as close to authentic one as possible. Possible mix gen parts with mod parts. Can anyone point me to the right direction of a talented and trusted watchmarker / modder? Understood it can be quite time and afford consuming but would love to start a project! Appreciate for any advise.

bunny123

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
18/7/18
hey mate, there are couple of very talented modders/watchsmith here who can help you with that - legend , spongebob but building one from scratch takes time and lot of patience sourcing parts being the biggest challenge. i am just done sourcing parts for myself for a 5711 build also there is one for sale at M2M sales if you want a pre-build with gen dial. u can check that out .

Reactions: jetsby1

desertun

Horology Curious
2/8/22
Thx mater for your reply. Bet it will take a long patient to build a pererct one from scratch but it will be well worth it in the end. Where can I see yours? Is there a direct link? Cheers

bunny123

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
18/7/18
Thx mater for your reply. Bet it will take a long patient to build a pererct one from scratch but it will be well worth it in the end. Where can I see yours? Is there a direct link? Cheers
havent built yet ive just collected the parts will take a while to get assembled. will post soon .

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hi All
I'm new to RWI and new to rep watch.

Although prices for luxury watches like Patek Phillipe Nautilus have dropped along with the recent crypto downstill, the price for PP5711 white dial is still asking for over £100k, can't justify myself spending £100k on a watch. I want to build a 5711 as close to authentic one as possible. Possible mix gen parts with mod parts. Can anyone point me to the right direction of a talented and trusted watchmarker / modder? Understood it can be quite time and afford consuming but would love to start a project! Appreciate for any advise.
I suggest you to read the following thread if you haven't done it so far. Regarding the white 5711 dial the PPF rendition is said to be the best. Not sure if it's worth buying a gen white dial after all.

desertun

Horology Curious
2/8/22
I suggest you to read the following thread if you haven't done it so far. Regarding the white 5711 dial the PPF rendition is said to be the best. Not sure if it's worth buying a gen white dial after all.

desertun

Horology Curious
2/8/22
Read yours. Yours is top. The problem is finding a skilled n trusted modder

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Can you have a look at this 5711? Is it a yay or nay?

Which factory is it from? 3KF? Gen may have a narrower brushed bezel, a bit more recessed crown and a bolder date font. Anyeway, the watch looks good, the DW is OK. It would be good to see the back of the watch, too.

Last edited:

desertun

Horology Curious
2/8/22
Which factory is it from? 3KF? Gen may have a narrower brushed bezel, a bit more recessed crown and a bolder date font. Anyeway, the watch looks good, the DW is OK. It would be good to see the back of the watch, too.

desertun

Horology Curious
2/8/22
Date front can be fixed the modder said. I'm thinkinf if I should go for gen dial. Any view on this?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
3KF PP 324 SC clone movement, great. I wouldn't spend fund for a white gen 5711 dial because imho the PPF rendition is very good but each their own. Regarding the DW your can source a gen one eg. from here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/genuine-patek-philippe-date-wheel-for-5711-5167.10827068/ or you may get a custom made one from here: https://datedisk.com/ or from a Buff agent/reseller. Regardong the movement you might want to improve it with a gen rotor (https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/genuine-pp-324-sc-18k-gold-rotor-for-5711-5167.10827313/).