• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Zealand

Matt1989

20/2/15
Thanks for that Matt, I might do my first purchase through them. and as far as insomnia goes.... I'm a stay at home dad with a 3 week old gal... haha

I purchased my seamaster from them, was really cheap can't remember exactly how much but was only a couple of hundred NZD inc shipping at the time (our dollar was strong) I wasn't expecting much at all but I was blown away by the quality of it and it only took one week to arrive. I'm planning on buying a 23j polar explorer 2 since they are super cheap on their website at the moment. I'm just waiting to hear about availability.

Solid mate!! my little ones 7 months old :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt1989

20/2/15
Yup.... lol, you guys had any trouble with customs at all?

I've had 5 reps come through customs just this year and haven't had an issue. Dealers mark them as fashion accessories at low value to avoid you paying extra tax. If I buy m2m I ask them to mark it as a watch repair with a letter inside the box written to me as if I'm a friend and they have repaired the watch for me free of charge and $20 for the parts.

Some say it's not illegal to bring fake (edit REP) watches into NZ but I saw in the paper a few months ago something about shit loads of fake designer clothes being confiscated so can't be too careful.

Miclay

Horology Curious
31/8/15
I purchased my seamaster from them, was really cheap can't remember exactly how much but was only a couple of hundred NZD inc shipping at the time (our dollar was strong) I wasn't expecting much at all but I was blown away by the quality of it and it only took one week to arrive. I'm planning on buying a 23j polar explorer 2 since they are super cheap on their website at the moment. I'm just waiting to hear about availability.

Solid mate!! my little ones 7 months old :)

Yeah our dollar has fallen which is sad... :( I'm looking at getting a Pam 1950 10 Days GMT as my first. still deciding though...

Miclay

Horology Curious
31/8/15
I've had 5 reps come through customs just this year and haven't had an issue. Dealers mark them as fashion accessories at low value to avoid you paying extra tax. If I buy m2m I ask them to mark it as a watch repair with a letter inside the box written to me as if I'm a friend and they have repaired the watch for me free of charge and $20 for the parts.

Some say it's not illegal to bring fake (edit REP) watches into NZ but I saw in the paper a few months ago something about shit loads of fake designer clothes being confiscated so can't be too careful.

Ah... that's good to hear! hoping I don't have any problems with customs following my first couple or even better... none of my purchases

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
WOW, what happened while I was gone for a while. NZ thread has never been this active. ;-D

Welcome Miclay!

WatchStation is good. Send an email attention to Francis and mention Peter from NZ sent you. He is my buddy and he will take extra care with your watch. ;-)

He is a bit busy now a days so don't expect him to reply back to you in couple of hours. But he will reply to your request within 24 hours.

That IWC 5001 is a beauty. I was waiting for the black dial to be released and it looks like it has in the last few hours. I have a gen and every single time I wore it, I receive compliments.

I would not wait for the V2 personally. It looks near perfect as is already. ;-) But... I must wait until I finish my GP mod project first! :cry2:

wooky492

21/9/12
Man all the night owls!!!!!! Iwc 5001 is that good?

Sent from somewhere in Hobbiton

Looks spot on to me. The YLF version is a bit off. It went through V3 already in less than a month! LOL

But the JF looks very accurate. The best looking colors in my opinion are Black dial and while dial with blue hands. ;-)

Miclay

Horology Curious
31/8/15
WOW, what happened while I was gone for a while. NZ thread has never been this active. ;-D

Welcome Miclay!

WatchStation is good. Send an email attention to Francis and mention Peter from NZ sent you. He is my buddy and he will take extra care with your watch. ;-)

He is a bit busy now a days so don't expect him to reply back to you in couple of hours. But he will reply to your request within 24 hours.

That IWC 5001 is a beauty. I was waiting for the black dial to be released and it looks like it has in the last few hours. I have a gen and every single time I wore it, I receive compliments.

I would not wait for the V2 personally. It looks near perfect as is already. ;-) But... I must wait until I finish my GP mod project first! :cry2:

Thanks for the recommendation dude!, I'll flick him an email & see what happens from there :p

wooky492

21/9/12
[MENTION=111857]Miclay[/MENTION], where are you from mate? Auckland?

wooky492

21/9/12
Thanks for the recommendation dude!, I'll flick him an email & see what happens from there :p

No problem. ;-)

Please do read a bit while you are browsing this forum. Abide by the rules and make many friends... This hobby becomes whole new level the more you learn.

And again, warm welcome matey ;-)

iamsammajor

Known Member
4/4/15
Auckland bro. I think there are a couple of Wellingtonians here as well.

Sam, how do you like your Pam 390?

Absolute in love, lol wear it most of the time now, so enjoy no date window, grab it wind and good to go lol,

Miclay

Horology Curious
31/8/15
Auckland bro. I think there are a couple of Wellingtonians here as well.

Oh Cool! I hope I'm not the youngest member on the forum haha. this is my new hobby so you guys will see me around here alot :)

wooky492

21/9/12

wooky492

21/9/12
Oh Cool! I hope I'm not the youngest member on the forum haha. this is my new hobby so you guys will see me around here alot :)

Cool, don't hesitate to ask questions if you are stuck. ;-)

iamsammajor

Known Member
4/4/15
That pam is sick!!!!! 52 is abit too big you reckon? Can we do that in 390??? Lol
Hey Miclay, good to hear that, maybe you will start projects soon lol