• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Frankened AP project

Pratt

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/4/13
yes theres different. the GEN watch is F series , the new frankened dial uses a newer generation dial from G/H series ..

look at this :

GEN AP white theme (newer series)
APTHEMESDIAL3_zpsb8890409.jpg

the sub dial printings are not as bold as the earlier ones. :)

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
I see what you mean.... Didn't know the tachy differed so much.. Prefer the bolder borders of the older dials though.. Stands out more.

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
All you need now is my datewheel! Hehe

Seriously, it's a great project you pulled off mate. Allthough I'd never do the thinning like that I really like what you did. :)

How many experience do you have with watchmaking?

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
looks like the chrono hand needs to be reset...but I'm sure you know that already ;)

looks fantastic!

Pratt

24/4/13
All you need now is my datewheel! Hehe

Seriously, it's a great project you pulled off mate. Allthough I'd never do the thinning like that I really like what you did. :)

How many experience do you have with watchmaking?

Yes of cos. it's a tough one, but manage to finish it. I'm waited for my hole saw to engrave the gasket channels. Readjust the chrono hands a little, and its all done.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Congratulations! What a labor of love! Learned quite alot from this.
How did you re-size the rep hands in the end?

paneraionly

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/1/13
Do you think the space between the date window and basel can be resolved?
It is a major flow of all best reps of AP's. None of them has the right space @3

Pratt

24/4/13
Do you think the space between the date window and basel can be resolved?
It is a major flow of all best reps of AP's. None of them has the right space @3

It will automatically be resolve when u use a gen dial. The space will be perfect, unlike those rep dials with 7750

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
It will automatically be resolve when u use a gen dial. The space will be perfect, unlike those rep dials with 7750

and don't forget replacing the 7750 with a dubois depraz movement with the chrono module to work with that gen dial...mucho dinero.

samsofi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/13
Hats off man , appreciate your effort and determination .... I am sure you will enjoy your creation with pride :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Pratt

24/4/13
Building it by own means, and paying someone else to do it differs a lot. Actually it's just that I'm in Asia, and no one can help in this mod, if I'm in EU, definitely I will send it to the masters...

Pratt

24/4/13
im back in action guys ... meantime selling off some spare AP parts ! Contact me !

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
Amazing effort and determination, kudos to you and your efforts

asdfpenguin

8/9/14
Left GEN AP White theme , Right Frankened AP White theme
seems to me that gen dial does have different variants.. or maybe due to lightings ?

compareAP_zpsff936fe1.png

How come the "Swiss Made" font on the bottom of the Franken dial is way smaller than the gen? Even compared to the newer series dial you posted on the next page it looks small.

Pratt

24/4/13
there seems to be variants in gen dial as well bud..

TONTCPAD

18/2/13
Wow. Congratulations and super effort! How many hours/days would you say you spent on this. And all worthwhile because you did it all yourself and learnt as you went along.
It looks pretty good to me!

TONTCPAD

18/2/13
So the gen-like spacing between the date wheel and the tachy ring is a result of using a gen dial with LWO movement - or just the gen dial with any movement will give the correct spacing - please excuse my ignorance