• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New WC Sept 2 to Sept 6

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

@ Max and Dave:
Replied to both of you on the previous page :)

...and for Friday

114270 ? Explorer I in 36mm:
C1Blr3P.jpg

Not the most accurate version of it, but I gave it some "Spirit treatment" to make it look better.
...and it has got an updated 214270 Clasp & Bracelet on it (from the 39mm Explorer I) to give some substantial weight to the bracelet and balance the watch with some modern look to it.

It´s the latest version with rehaut engraving.

Cheers,
Spirit.

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
Yesterday, today and most probably this whole weekend.. :D

mrie.jpg

And a wristie..my wrist is 6.75'..
2me.JPG

Shade of blue is very sublimal..goes from light greyish blue to dark blue depending on how light is reflected on it..

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Did you have someone take this for you? If not, how did you get the great angle?

I´m an alien, so object controlling with my mind is easy :hehehe:

...J/K ...I mounted the camera on a tripod at arm distance, where I could adjust the focus and take the picture as it was set with the timer for 10sec.
So, it gave me room to shoot it and stay there to have the picture taken.

:cheers:

Cheers,
Spirit.

D

d4m.test

Thanks for the technical explanations, S. I found that to be very interesting -- and educational, as I didn't know much about this. Please, wear this beauty often and provide us with the usual superb pics, S.

dave

Already asked for another one to our TD, Mr. President. Must be arriving next week or in 2 weeks at maximum as I was told.

Let´s have a look there tomorrow, but I strongly advise to have a look at S25 first, to see if we can find it at better prices. This one was expensive for an a21j.

I´m glad you liked it! Looks really good on the wrist, really unusual! Ice blue faces really do an amazing job on any watch!

It´s an eye-catcher ain´t it, Dave?! :cheers: I loved it too! I was a little bit skeptical when I saw the press release pics on basel, but after some time "digesting" it, I thought it was cool, and went after it.

The color is indeed the official, only one for the Platinum Daytona, and I must say it´s pretty close to GEN. The Ice blue really changes its hue according to light, and can acquire that stronger shade or a very light one, just like the GEN. the factory of this really nailed it. Dibs to that.
The ceramic bezel in other hand.... the color is fantastic and also super accurate to GEN, but the numbers on it are too squared. Could have been done with a little more rounded borders.

Other than that, the watch is fantastic on the wrist, and looks as it should, just doesn´t feel like a 75k watch.. :D:

I´m gonna take some more pics of it in different light conditions to show how the IceBlue dial shade changes...You will be amazed :)

Cheers,
Spirit.