• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VSF James Bond 50th OHMSS watch

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Its very noticeable unfortunately! Its one of the first things that i noticed, when i held both watches together. The Gen also has a slight blue hue on the sunburst. On the Rep the sunburst is almost non-existent. The dial just looks almost matt.

would you recommend buying this one despite this flaw?

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
My watch arrived this morning :) Here is a quick couple of shots showing the Rep (Steel Bracelet) vs the Gen (Rubber Strap). Will do a more in-depth comparison, when i’ve got some free time :)

The main issue i see is the sunburst effect on the dial. Its a lot more pronounced on the Gen and looks glossy, compared to the Rep. On the Rep it looks more dull, more like a matt finish with a very slight sunburst effect.

Also the crown guards look slightly larger on the Gen, compared to the Rep.

Overall the Rep looks really nice and has a very nice feel & weight to it :)

Ive blurred out the limited edition number on my Gen :)

if you still have both, could you please take a picture of both outdoors?

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
can anybody provide pictures of the VSF model outdoors and can say something about the lume color of the hour markers?

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
I have contacted a few TDs and reviewed a few old QCs of the watch, which confirmed a few sightings and pictures of members.
The lume color VSF used on this dial is not greenish and seems to replicate the gen lume color just fine. see the picture of Phil_G on RWG
At the same time it unveils the lack of gloss/sunburst on the dial

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
^ shame about the dial. Still looks really nice though. I don't know if its popular enough to improve the dial. But I'd be first in line if they did!

Mrpong

15/9/19
The rep is really nice but I just don't get it why VSF has not fix the dial yet. It seems to be an easy upgrade.

Hormoaning

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/5/18
What is currently the best version of this watch, the VSF or OMF?

Vsf better. Dont know about new version, but on pics we can see sunburst dial. I think its new version, but dont have any info. Anybody know?