• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VSF James Bond 50th OHMSS watch

peerken

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/18
Europe
LeqQ5.jpg

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
peerken Thank you! I see that they've made tons of these datewheels and we'll be stuck with them for some time..

thediesel17 It really does look like a well made watch and those details wouldn't bother me very much. But I don't think I'll be getting one, it looks a bit "overdone" to me, there's too much going on, I like the "under the radar" nature of the regular SMP.. But still a great rep, no doubt!

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
My watch arrived this morning :) Here is a quick couple of shots showing the Rep (Steel Bracelet) vs the Gen (Rubber Strap). Will do a more in-depth comparison, when i’ve got some free time :)

The main issue i see is the sunburst effect on the dial. Its a lot more pronounced on the Gen and looks glossy, compared to the Rep. On the Rep it looks more dull, more like a matt finish with a very slight sunburst effect.

Also the crown guards look slightly larger on the Gen, compared to the Rep.

Overall the Rep looks really nice and has a very nice feel & weight to it :)

Ive blurred out the limited edition number on my Gen :)

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I'll never understand why anyone would want to blur out the limited edition number. Same thing with the serial numbers of a gen. Paranoid much.

As long as you have all the cards and receipts to accompany the watch, its all good and no one can do anything about knowing your watch number as they have no documents as proof of purchase or the dealer you got it from.
​​
Appreciate the comparison though.

Last edited:

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
My watch arrived this morning :) Here is a quick couple of shots showing the Rep (Steel Bracelet) vs the Gen (Rubber Strap). Will do a more in-depth comparison, when i’ve got some free time :)

The main issue i see is the sunburst effect on the dial. Its a lot more pronounced on the Gen and looks glossy, compared to the Rep. On the Rep it looks more dull, more like a matt finish with a very slight sunburst effect.

Also the crown guards look slightly larger on the Gen, compared to the Rep.

Overall the Rep looks really nice and has a very nice feel & weight to it :)

Ive blurred out the limited edition number on my Gen :)

Wow, lucky us. In one day, we get this rep vs gen comparison, and another rep vs gen comparison for the VSF blue and rose gold combo (another thread obviously).

Thank you for this. So I see what you're saying about the sunburst and I know you just said it's a lot more pronounced on the gen... but is it pretty noticeable if you're not actually looking for it? Like say a Rolex dial with a sunburst... that's a huge part of the allure and a prominent feature, and hence noticeable whether you're looking for it or not.

I never held a gen of this model before but I also never noticed the sunburst until your pictures.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
It always bothers me that the crown guards is always too short on the rep. That has always been the problems with past SMP reps as well. For some reason they can never get the crown guards to look right. Always too short and this comparison shows it clearly, especially in that 2nd pic.

All things considered, the rep is not bad at all. But they need to correct that crown guard coz that's the biggest tell by far from what i can see. Doubt they can correct it on the NTTD titanium rep.... But who knows...

Last edited:

tonywatches

19/8/12
EU
There is a slight difference also at the sympol at 12 o click indicles. At the gen the lines looks thinner. Minor but it's there

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Wow, lucky us. In one day, we get this rep vs gen comparison, and another rep vs gen comparison for the VSF blue and rose gold combo (another thread obviously).

Thank you for this. So I see what you're saying about the sunburst and I know you just said it's a lot more pronounced on the gen... but is it pretty noticeable if you're not actually looking for it? Like say a Rolex dial with a sunburst... that's a huge part of the allure and a prominent feature, and hence noticeable whether you're looking for it or not.

I never held a gen of this model before but I also never noticed the sunburst until your pictures.

Its very noticeable unfortunately! Its one of the first things that i noticed, when i held both watches together. The Gen also has a slight blue hue on the sunburst. On the Rep the sunburst is almost non-existent. The dial just looks almost matt.

Reactions: SuperBatman