• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
As someone who loves the Batman, and cannot decide which one to get.. which one would you say is the most aesthetically pleasing and closest to gen? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been very happy with my GMF BLNR even with the misaligned rehaut which you don't see I IRL, the slightly higher crystal which again you don't notice on the wrist, and the ICHS, which I actually prefer because it has a quick set date which I use much more often than the 'traveler" GMT with the independent hour hand.

as I told the OP, if I were to get one now I would get the ARF. It has the 126610 case with the 116710 dial and strap which I am a little bummed about but the insert is great and I have a VRF movement and a gen crystal

Alexandrehlt

Known Member
30/8/15
For me the transition line is pretty nice, let’s see in real, I have a gen one I will make a comparison with the Pepsi and the 126711
I feel my markers at 6 is crooked no ?

210305080543633393.jpg

210305080543796155.jpg

Last edited:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Earliest batch the transition line was noticeable, then later down the line some members got worse samples. That picture looks about the same as the earliest batch, wouldn't really call it an improvement.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
For me the transition line is pretty nice, let’s see in real, I have a gen one I will make a comparison with the Pepsi and the 126711
I feel my markers at 6 is crooked no ?

210305080543633393.jpg

210305080543796155.jpg

That's one of the better VRF Pepsi inserts I've seen. No visible join line at 6. I would take this one for the insert alone. The 6 marker is indeed slightly crooked - top is off to the left. That can be fixed.

Zdint5.jpg

ZdiySb.jpg

How to fix crooked markers - DIY

Reactions: leo6929

Alexandrehlt

Known Member
30/8/15
That's one of the better VRF Pepsi inserts I've seen. No visible join line at 6. I would take this one for the insert alone. The 6 marker is indeed slightly crooked - top is off to the left. That can be fixed.

Zdint5.jpg

ZdiySb.jpg

How to fix crooked markers - DIY

Your Tutorial is amazing thanks, unfortunately I will not have time to fix it my self ( and I don't have your skills), hard choice here, indeed the bezel is very nice but the index is a bit crooked

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
Totally noticable with the blank eye, on the wrist and on 5 km distance. Absolute no go. Hahahaha. I own the gen Pepsi (as well as the Batman). In real life, you donˋt see a f... difference. Except of course if you make it magnification x250. Which makes totally sense of course - and what everybody does each time he sees a watch. And then asks for a pic to make a deeper analysis.

Btw: also gen markers are a little crooked sometimes... :)

My perspective: Just enjoy this hobby (without making a scientific doctorate out of it - otherwise think about getting a life eventually) and enjoy those really nicely made reps for what they are. Nice reps. Nothing more, nothing less. Plain simple.

My 2 worthless cents :)

Last edited:

Kang_salavtore

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Gentlemen, after spending 3 hours of homework I have found the the best 126710BLRO, will pull the trigger for this VRF Max, but i need your help about the 116710LN with Jubilee bracelet, could you give some tip and direction which is the best on the market right now ?
Thanks and regard

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Gentlemen, after spending 3 hours of homework I have found the the best 126710BLRO, will pull the trigger for this VRF Max, but i need your help about the 116710LN with Jubilee bracelet, could you give some tip and direction which is the best on the market right now ?
Thanks and regard

Unless you want to pay extra and try to mix and match a bracelet, VRF is the only major factory that offers a 116710 LN with a Jubilee. The 116710 LN was never offered that way by Rolex.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...=rolgmt 116710LN&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1

Reactions: Kang_salavtore

Kang_salavtore

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Gentleman after 3 hours of reading i finally found the best 126710BLRO for me, will pull the the trigger for this VRF Max, but I’m still confuse about the 116710LN with jubilee bracelet, could you give some tip and direction for which one is best on the market right now ? Should i get noob with VRF bracelet or there is another option ???
Thanks and regard

Kang_salavtore

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Unless you want to pay extra and try to mix and match a bracelet, VRF is the only major factory that offers a 116710 LN with a Jubilee. The 116710 LN was never offered that way by Rolex.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...=rolgmt 116710LN&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1

Thanks for inputs buddy, I saw this as well but i think the number on the insert on this VRF 116710LN is thinner than other, so what is your opinion which one is the LN at the moment with the oyster bracelet ? Thanks

And sorry for my double post !!!

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for inputs buddy, I saw this as well but i think the number on the insert on this VRF 116710LN is thinner than other, so what is your opinion which want is the LN at the moment without the jubilee bracelet ? Thanks

And sorry for my double post !!!

Ask a TD if the VRF with Jubilee is now coming with the CF insert. If so, get it. The pic on Trusty's site is probably outdated.

Kang_salavtore

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Star70

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/1/20
Took some photos last night, I'll try to take some in daylight later! I am pleasantly surprised by how dark the colors are - which is something I really wanted. I was going to get a noob insert to compare, but I might not need to. I'll definitely be getting a prof crystal though.

ZyUgVp.jpg

ZyUckb.jpg

Hi mate,is that the Vrf bezel,I think it looks spot on
cheers

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Totally noticable with the blank eye, on the wrist and on 5 km distance. Absolute no go. Hahahaha. I own the gen Pepsi (as well as the Batman). In real life, you donˋt see a f... difference. Except of course if you make it magnification x250. Which makes totally sense of course - and what everybody does each time he sees a watch. And then asks for a pic to make a deeper analysis.

Btw: also gen markers are a little crooked sometimes... :)

My perspective: Just enjoy this hobby (without making a scientific doctorate out of it - otherwise think about getting a life eventually) and enjoy those really nicely made reps for what they are. Nice reps. Nothing more, nothing less. Plain simple.

My 2 worthless cents

I just falled in love with you thanks;)

1:1 my thoughts sometimes in this forum...

Reactions: BlackIceBob

kevBquick

9/10/18
Lol thanks for the pictures mate :)

I think I will keep waiting for ARF to release their Pepsi.

people have been saying that for 2yrs now. enjoy the wait.
I ordered my VR and a clark crystal. I didn't have a single transition issue.
movement is great. so i have no problems. if your waiting for the perfect rep....you will always be waiting.