• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Vacheron Constantin Overseas "Everest" Editions

timefly

Horology Curious
12/5/20
AT - [..]

What bothers me the most are the subdial numbers & markers: they're just too bold and don't look right. A close second is the lack of crown & pusher guards. Also... why do they always do VC Reps with yellow-goldish rotors, the GEN ones are more rosegold toned. Otherwise visually sound rep though. If they iron out some of these details and one can be had at around or below $400 I'm game.

Reactions: APjumbo

Maigano190

Looking Around
26/5/21
Fire up those rep machines pretty please!

jmT4Qb.jpg

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/v...ph-and-dual-time-limited-editions-in-titanium

Do you know any Td that has items
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToyodaV10

Looking Around
27/11/21
Bump. Anyone seen an update with closer match on pusher/case addition? Also what was final thickness on folks were seeing on the Hont?

happyharrysco1

Known Member
19/7/20
Scotland - UK
these are just their 5500v with a dial and datewheel swap, i would not expect to see a proper shape case for this everest version, nor a Ti one, VC reps just don't sell well enough

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Do you know why they don't have the good colour of datewheel ?

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Just to add here another detail that can be improved by the latest pictures here are the minutes and hours hands. The gen has troncated hands, not so pointy.

I am really interested in this model, as soon as a more accurate replica is out I'll surely buy it

Hi,
where did you find it with the right colour of datewheel ? Thanks.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Hi,
where did you find it with the right colour of datewheel ? Thanks.

I think happyharrysco1 means the "V2 with black datewheel" is just the the same factory (8F) placing black datewheel in the V1. As far as I know, you can get the V2 (with black datewheel) from any TD, but it's still the wrong case shape.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
I think happyharrysco1 means the "V2 with black datewheel" is just the the same factory (8F) placing black datewheel in the V1. As far as I know, you can get the V2 (with black datewheel) from any TD, but it's still the wrong case shape.

OK. Do you mean it's 14.7 instead of 13.7 mm thick ? The rotor is good for the panda version, not with the Everest... Trustytime hasn't updated his photos (always white datewheel)...

Physiopete

Supporter
Certified
5/7/16
Do we know if there are any updates in the pipeline? I really love this but the “flaws” especially the crown guards would bother me.
Any info greatly appreciated

balroglotr

Looking Around
12/6/21
Further to my previous post, I have now had over 24 hours use and have tried the blue/orange leather strap.

The strap is of ok quality, standard replica quality I suppose. It has kept the nice features of the gen with it using a clasp and having the little screw to hold the set sizing. Again the strap is quite small, only couple of spare holes remaining.
Still pretty happy, not the most solid feeling rep but not bad for the money.

I do however have 1 big gripe with the watch. The rotor on the 7750 is extremely noisy! I have a Miyota 9015 that has the single direction winding on rotor and you can occasionally hear that when it spins crazy in the wrong direction. This is much louder, it also seems to knock with a vertical movement up and down and not just free spinning. Is this common on the 7750?

Thanks, Martin
Got the same VC Everest few weeks ago. As for:
* Strap size a bit small. it's 112/72 mm is the same as gen... Have measured it.
* Rotor being noisy. Asked the watch guy before servicing, and he already knows that's common. After being serviced, slightly less noise but still there. In an office environment or outside, nobody will hear it.

thoughts having it for a month:
The cons like no crown guards, maltese cross not 3d enough, no mt. everest rotor branding, 15mm height vs gen 14mm(13.7 to be exact) are small niggles compared to the overall sporty looker of the watch.

balroglotr

Looking Around
12/6/21
Further to my previous post, I have now had over 24 hours use and have tried the blue/orange leather strap.

The strap is of ok quality, standard replica quality I suppose. It has kept the nice features of the gen with it using a clasp and having the little screw to hold the set sizing. Again the strap is quite small, only couple of spare holes remaining.
Still pretty happy, not the most solid feeling rep but not bad for the money.

I do however have 1 big gripe with the watch. The rotor on the 7750 is extremely noisy! I have a Miyota 9015 that has the single direction winding on rotor and you can occasionally hear that when it spins crazy in the wrong direction. This is much louder, it also seems to knock with a vertical movement up and down and not just free spinning. Is this common on the 7750?

Thanks, Martin
Got the same VC Everest few weeks ago. As for:
* Strap size a bit small. it's 112/72 mm is the same as gen... Have measured it.
* Rotor being noisy. Asked the watch guy before servicing, and he already knows that's common. After being serviced, slightly less noise but still there. In an office environment or outside, nobody will hear it.

thoughts having it for a month:
The cons like no crown guards, maltese cross not 3d enough, no mt. everest rotor branding, 15mm height vs gen 14mm(13.7 to be exact) are small niggles compared to the overall sporty looker of the watch.

timefly

Horology Curious
12/5/20
AT - [..]
Anybody caught anything new regarding VC Overseas Everest reps that are like more true to the original?

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
It is such a low production watch that I highly doubt any factory is going to waste money improving this- especially IRT the crown guards. That would require creation of an entirely new case just for this one model.

not gonna happen.

Reactions: oceaon