• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Tudor Black Bay 58 in Blue!

PEDROJAKE

Horology Curious
31/12/16

Looking for a strap as close to this for my Blue 58 at a sensible cost, if anyone can point me in the right direction

randomstring

5/1/13
Recommend against cheapestnatostraps for anything leather. They used to be okay but the new ones are scary bad

Karl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/12
Hungary

Can you do me the favour and make a picture where both crown tubes are showing, blue one is longer then gen I would like to know how much longer exactly

Thanks

PEDROJAKE

Horology Curious
31/12/16
Can you do me the favour and make a picture where both crown tubes are showing, blue one is longer then gen I would like to know how much longer exactly

Thanks

Hope these help. Is the blue slightly longer? Yes. Annoyingly so? Definitely not. On the wrist it’s totally unnoticeable to me

Reactions: Karl

time2watch

5/4/20
The blue BB looks very nice under a dress shirt. The cool tone matches the light blue sleeve really well

Reactions: PEDROJAKE

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
I got mine just before CNY.

ZTHm53.jpg

A nice rep for sure, but 3 issues I wanted to be resolved.

The first is the three-position crown, as there is no date on the movement, it should be 2. Plus when you set the time, you can hear the click over of the date as they (in my example) using a standard Asian 2824.

Solution - Put a top grade Swiss ETA movement in, and change over the ETA spring for a 2 position, rather than 3. JOB DONE ;-)

ZTHjSc.jpg

ZTHZPI.jpg

Problem 2 - crappy thin spring bars, so I had some play on the bracelet. I had a couple of OEM Rolex Daytona spring bars on hand, and despite being thicker, they fitted through the end links (just about!) worked and fixed the problem. Highly recommended!

ZTHa0n.jpg

Problem 3 - The bezel, it has a spongy feel and a lot of play. Any suggestions to fix this would be most welcome!

Next upgrade - I may send off to ProfSteve for double AR to give the dial some more pop!

Just with the spring bars, you don’t need anything special, I’d recommend 19mm x 1.8mm. They send out 1.5mm thick by default which gives that looseness. Oh and before anyone asks, I always run 19mm spring bars on bracelets with 20mm solid end links as 20mm spring bars are a nightmare to remove and the 19mm protrude into the lugs more than enough to be secure. Even companies like Omega do this.

hlkrbs

21/7/20
Looks like the most obvious flaw to me is the longer crown tube ?
What else do you say ?
i am very undecided to buy this one :)

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Looks like the most obvious flaw to me is the longer crown tube ?
What else do you say ?
i am very undecided to buy this one :)

Lume color, pearl shape, dial print

But to be honest this is a great watch, I love it

Reactions: hlkrbs

Spoons

Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/4/19
THXuk where did you get the two position setting lever spring for 2824 from?

The two position setting lever spring is from an ETA 2801. The part number is 445/2. You can find them on ebay by searching for ETA 2801 445/2 or ETA 952.101 445/2.

However, the same part is used in the no date versions of the sellita sw200-1 (automatic) and sw210-1 (handwinding) movements and is usually much less expensive. The sellita part number is also 445. Just make sure you order the 2 position version not the 3 position version.

You can get the sellita part from various places, such as Ofrei for $4.90 USD: https://www.ofrei.com/page1793.html#35750 or from Cousinsuk for 2.20 GBP: https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/filter/sellita

Reactions: jackflash and iamxd

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
The two position setting lever spring is from an ETA 2801. The part number is 445/2. You can find them on ebay by searching for ETA 2801 445/2 or ETA 952.101 445/2.

However, the same part is used in the no date versions of the sellita sw200-1 (automatic) and sw210-1 (handwinding) movements and is usually much less expensive. The sellita part number is also 445. Just make sure you order the 2 position version not the 3 position version.

You can get the sellita part from various places, such as Ofrei for $4.90 USD: https://www.ofrei.com/page1793.html#35750 or from Cousinsuk for 2.20 GBP: https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/filter/sellita

Thank you very much! :)

I was thinking about sanding down the second position, but this is a much better and cleaner solution.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
So am I correct in saying the only major tell on these are the lume that should be blue instead of green?

Vubi

8/3/21
So am I correct in saying the only major tell on these are the lume that should be blue instead of green?
I think lume colour is OK, what about intensity and duration?