• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New to the RM Replica world- some hints appreciated

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
InTime lists the YSF 027 (-00), but any TD can source it.
I prefer Steve because of his QA pictures, responsiveness and honesty.
Ryan/Intime: 800x600
Eric/Geektime: 1920x1080
Sead/Supermirrors: 2016x1512
Steve/TheOneWatches: 3840x2880

Have the YSF, and had the EUR, which uses an earlier version of the CN tourbillion.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Do some unbiased research on the gens and the amount of work, R&D and effort put in by the brand and you may be able to look at them with different eyes and not just see overpriced, ugly watches.

Yeah, very valid point and I don't want to seem like I don't appreciate the engineering and workmanship that goes in their movements and even the cases. It's very impressive tech regardless of whether it's priced "realistically" or not.

The ugly is to each their own but understanding and appreciating them is another topic altogether.

Exactly. It's a very subjective matter of personal taste and design preference. I wouldn't even call RMs ugly, they are just not my style. I can see how they fit someone else's style perfectly. I'm just not that person. 😆

Same with Jacob & Co. creations. I just could never see myself sport one. But I can still admire the mad horological technology that goes into some of their more crazy watches.

Last edited:

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
InTime lists the YSF 027 (-00), but any TD can source it.
I prefer Steve because of his QA pictures, responsiveness and honesty.
Ryan/Intime: 800x600
Eric/Geektime: 1920x1080
Sead/Supermirrors: 2016x1512
Steve/TheOneWatches: 3840x2880

Have the YSF, and had the EUR, which uses an earlier version of the CN tourbillion.
Do you find the YSF to be very loud? The EURF version has serious big TICK energy. It’s so loud that my GF complains about it if I have my arm around her and my watch is near her head.

ahboylovespatek

28/3/23
rolex factory
This post has been very enlightening. Thanks all members for your input. I’m in the market for a RM rep now and seems that we are getting very close. Consensus seems to be that BBR bubba Watson v2, sonic & ZF Rm 35-02 v4 are presently the best versions.

Burbizia

29/8/20
This post has been very enlightening. Thanks all members for your input. I’m in the market for a RM rep now and seems that we are getting very close. Consensus seems to be that BBR bubba Watson v2, sonic & ZF Rm 35-02 v4 are presently the best versions.

These are the conclusions I come too.
Also for the Tourbillon freaks (like me), seems that 027-03 BBF and/or 027 YSF seem quite good.

On a side note: some sticked guides would be great addition to the forum.
It is not to get new users used to be "spoon-feeded" without them doing their own research, but more to gather and collect information scattered between many topics, some very old (and with some mistakes or flaws referend to older verisons).

I would do some of these guides, but my knoweldge is lackluster on many models, beside, maybe Daytonas 116500...

Reactions: man5on90

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
These are the conclusions I come too.
Also for the Tourbillon freaks (like me), seems that 027-03 BBF and/or 027 YSF seem quite good.

On a side note: some sticked guides would be great addition to the forum.
It is not to get new users used to be "spoon-feeded" without them doing their own research, but more to gather and collect information scattered between many topics, some very old (and with some mistakes or flaws referend to older verisons).

I would do some of these guides, but my knoweldge is lackluster on many models, beside, maybe Daytonas 116500...
I have a brand guide I wrote up for reddit, it's a few years old (predates the first BBR but I think I added that one in) and a few of the factories are gone now but it's a start if anyone else wants to contribute

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
I've been told the reps are not waterproof at all, which is why they're so loud (it's not fully sealed so sound escapes louder.) Therefore possibly why they eventually stop, as humid air or water can get in there and cause moisture to rust the movement or dry out the lube that's on there from the factories. Perhaps they're not lubed right either.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I've been told the reps are not waterproof at all, which is why they're so loud (it's not fully sealed so sound escapes louder.) Therefore possibly why they eventually stop, as humid air or water can get in there and cause moisture to rust the movement or dry out the lube that's on there from the factories. Perhaps they're not lubed right either.
none of the ones I've worked on have been waterproof at all, the crown isn't screw down and there are no gaskets on it. The front and rear bezels are usually gasketed but I would not trust it for swimming and I'm careful when I wash my hands. The most likely answer is that they're not lubed properly, as most Chinese movements show up dry or soaking in oil, and for a lot of these movements finding someone to service them is difficult at best