• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Submariner case from South Korea

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
For $690 not sure how this could possibly be worth it when the new ARF is $500 ish all-in, with one of the best bracelets out there and fully assembled. If you just want the case you could sell or trash the stuff you don't want and still end up way cheaper with a nice case. Granted, it needs lugholes, but there's plenty of folks who know how to do that.

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
Thought you could get the new ARF with lug holes? All I want is a gen spec case, correct tube thread, case back thread, etc, etc. For a full gen parts swap incl. Movement. Benefit of this to me is no engraving. But you're right: it's a lot to pay for an unengraved case if ARF is full gen spec.

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
I was hoping for @kadeee to share his actual experience with the „new“ 16610 case from ebay ;-)

However, as a good compromise one may go with an RAF, formerly ARF, formerly JF as base for modifications.
to drill lugholes isn’t simple, but no rocket science aswell.
Yes, you may need to modify more than that (& a few things will never get perfec),
but isn’t that the similar with all the other more expensive cases also?

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
Guess it’s worth asking

On the other hand, why not buy the whole thing and sell the unneeded parts.
Assuming 500ish for the whole watch, selling movement, dial, hands, insert, whatever may result in +-200 bucks back

Following my math you end up having a base case for around 250/300 something

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I was hoping for @kadeee to share his actual experience with the „new“ 16610 case from ebay ;-)

However, as a good compromise one may go with an RAF, formerly ARF, formerly JF as base for modifications.
to drill lugholes isn’t simple, but no rocket science aswell.
Yes, you may need to modify more than that (& a few things will never get perfec),
but isn’t that the similar with all the other more expensive cases also?
I will share my experience with the SK Submariner case, definitely. But first I need the watch back from my watchmaker.

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
What I can do for now is providing pics I've taken from the new SK 16610 Case and to compare Pics from my Gen and a TC LV v2 from similar angles.

I've put the Gen 92350 bracelet from my Gen to the SK case so all three having a 92350 bracelet mounted.
The SK case is always the first, the TC second and the Gen the last one.

Top right:

Top left:

Top left, different angle:

Top right:

Bottom right:

Bottom left:

Crown guards from top:

Crown guards, profile:

Last edited:

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
Any updates...? Got an offer for $50 off the case set on ebay and it's starting to look good value if it takes all GEN hardware!

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I will get my build back from my watchmaker’s workshop

The most important question is, I guess, if it accepts a Gen dial without any issue. It is designed to accept Gen (27.3 mm) and Rep dials (28.1 mm).
It works fine with any 3135 clone movements. We did not test it with a Gen 3135 caliber. But that’s not necessary as the movements have similar dimensions. Also gaskets, crystal and the bezel insert fit without any issues. As I had torn off the supplied tube, the thread in the case had to be recut.

Specs are:
SK case set
Gen dial
Gen yellow gold hand set, rhodium-plated and relumed
Gen insert
Gen crystal
Gen tube and crown
Gen movement holding screws
Aftermarket Swiss quality click spring
VS 3135 movement

freebalkany

24/8/21
I will get my build back from my watchmaker’s workshop

The most important question is, I guess, if it accepts a Gen dial without any issue. It is designed to accept Gen (27.3 mm) and Rep dials (28.1 mm).
It works fine with any 3135 clone movements. We did not test it with a Gen 3135 caliber. But that’s not necessary as the movements have similar dimensions. Also gaskets, crystal and the bezel insert fit without any issues. As I had torn off the supplied tube, the thread in the case had to be recut.

Specs are:
SK case set
Gen dial
Gen yellow gold hand set, rhodium-plated and relumed
Gen insert
Gen crystal
Gen tube and crown
Gen movement holding screws
Aftermarket Swiss quality click spring
VS 3135 movement
Interesting, are you replacing the click spring to get a more gen-like winding feel?
Also, are you going yo put a bracelet on it.

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
See my review ...

And yes, I put a Italian Bracelet 91350 with Gen Endlinks on it and it is a perfect match.

Reactions: Singapore9