• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub up on Toros - Noob V2?

Dukes

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/13
Bloody hell you guys are eagle eyed ! The position of the Date Mag and the Datewheel looks the same though doesn't it ? Would it be easy to get a V2 batch 1 and V2 batch 2 with the same position ? That was the reason my first one was rejected by the TD.

I did get a second lume shot Photo removed, as it's been confirmed to me that this photo was not of my watch but included in my QC pictures by accident.

But to be honest the Bezel numbers look the same.

Pretty sure all will be ok, the watch itself looks looks great to me.

Is it possible the angle of the shot and level of the lighting effects the perceived thickness of the numbers ?

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
no the insert numbers are thicker on your watch.

live1

Banned
25/3/13
date wheel sits lower on new batch look closely,

Dukes

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/13
Well, all is good. I haven't seen any of these V2's with bad lume.

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
I think yours is a Batch 1 right? Batch 2 is supposed to have slightly thicker bezel font, but has a HORRIDLY left justified DWO... I can't STAND IT!
If all batches are like that now I will NOT go for that!
*stroppychild*

Whooohooo, Duke does that mean I might get my BP hands in like... 3 weeks? :)

live1

Banned
25/3/13
why don't you wait until batch 3? the left and low date may get fixed

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
Now I feel stupid with my thin font bezel lol!

Time to flip and get the newest batch!!

Dukes

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/13
I think yours is a Batch 1 right? Batch 2 is supposed to have slightly thicker bezel font, but has a HORRIDLY left justified DWO... I can't STAND IT!
If all batches are like that now I will NOT go for that!
*stroppychild*

Whooohooo, Duke does that mean I might get my BP hands in like... 3 weeks? :)

Seems to depend which of the two watches featured in my QC pictures I actually get. I assume the watch in the non lume photos is mine, and that is a batch 2. The watch in the lume photo's is a batch 1. Personally I prefer the batch 2 version, and mine does not seem to have the left justified DW, but I am at the point of not caring, and just want the watch.

BP hands are on their way captain.

live1

Banned
25/3/13
the sel look better on the new batch

wepiii

18/12/12
Seems to depend which of the two watches featured in my QC pictures I actually get. I assume the watch in the non lume photos is mine, and that is a batch 2. The watch in the lume photo's is a batch 1. Personally I prefer the batch 2 version, and mine does not seem to have the left justified DW, but I am at the point of not caring, and just want the watch.

BP hands are on their way captain.

Why BP hands?

thisismynick

27/12/10
Is it possible the angle of the shot and level of the lighting effects the perceived thickness of the numbers ?

I thought that at first. But to my eye the "5" looks completely different in the lume pic compared to the others. The part where it almost closes up in the lower half, you know which part I mean? The gap is clearly larger in the lume pic (batch 1?) than in the other pics (batch 2?), and I seriously doubt that this happens due to lighting or angle. Same goes for the black triangle part within the "4". It is larger in the lume pic = old noob insert, as we know it. Compare with that part in the non-lume pics. It is clearly smaller = more gen like. Or I really have to go and see a ophthalmologist.

I mean, AFAIK no TD or one of the more enlightened, educated people around here have CONFIRMED about different bezel insert font in that what we think is a batch 2 noob V2 SubC. But Bonesey chiming in and seeing it similarly (batch 1 insert got smaller font than batch 2, if I understood that right) tells a lot to me.

In any way, funny is, in your TD's QC pics there is no ordering number to be seen. My TDs do this, to confirm it is in fact YOUR watch in the QC pics...?

Dukes

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/13
I thought that at first. But to my eye the "5" looks completely different in the lume pic compared to the others. The part where it almost closes up in the lower half, you know which part I mean? The gap is clearly larger in the lume pic (batch 1?) than in the other pics (batch 2?), and I seriously doubt that this happens due to lighting or angle. Same goes for the black triangle part within the "4". It is larger in the lume pic = old noob insert, as we know it. Compare with that part in the non-lume pics. It is clearly smaller = more gen like. Or I really have to go and see a ophthalmologist.

I mean, AFAIK no TD or one of the more enlightened, educated people around here have CONFIRMED about different bezel insert font in that what we think is a batch 2 noob V2 SubC. But Bonesey chiming in and seeing it similarly (batch 1 insert got smaller font than batch 2, if I understood that right) tells a lot to me.

In any way, funny is, in your TD's QC pics there is no ordering number to be seen. My TDs do this, to confirm it is in fact YOUR watch in the QC pics...?

OK, well my TD confirmed that the second lume photo i posted was not of my watch and had been included in my QC pictures in error, so i have removed it.

However if you look at the first lume photo it has the time and date set as per all my other QC pictures, so I am 100% sure it's of the same watch.

Dukes

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/13

That's true enough, but I have bought 5 or 6 watches from him, and been extremely pleased on every occasion. And he actually rejected my first V2 on my behalf for a fault i had not seen. SO i trust him 100% (or at least as much as you can trust any dealer of reps).

Believe me, his QC is second to none.

thisismynick

27/12/10
That's true enough, but I have bought 5 or 6 watches from him, and been extremely pleased on every occasion. And he actually rejected my first V2 on my behalf for a fault i had not seen. SO i trust him 100% (or at least as much as you can trust any dealer of reps).

Believe me, his QC is second to none.

I guess my comment cames across much too critical, in any case more than it was intended. Sorry if that was felt in any way offensive.

I have ZERO photographic skills. So I wouldn't know if lighting can make such a difference in the apperance of font thickness etc.

Would be interesting if one of our resident photographer wizards could chime in and enlighten us, as to how the (at least to me) clearly visible difference in appearance ("5", "4", stick...) can come solely from the lighting / photographing technique etc.

Maybe it is just a fata morgana, this different font in batch 2. Maybe it's not. Surely I'd like to know... ,))

GMTlover

27/12/12
Well there is one TD who already has confirmed there is a 2nd batch that is improved

T222

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/11
About the thickness of the font on the Bezel looking different on different pictures, - it's like this:
If you use a very large aperture (f/1.4), on say a 50mm lens, using a fullframe camera, you will only get the Dial in 100% focus. The Bezel will be a little out of focus, and therefor appear to have a fatter font. If you take the same picture using the same gear, but this time using a smaller aperture (f/11) you will get all of the watch in focus, and therefor the font will appear smaller.
It's very simple. ;)