• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Rolex Cellini Moonphase

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Who’s MK? Sorry, new around these parts

MKF(actory) is a replica maker who is specialized in Breguet dress watches, Patek nautilus and some other projects here and there (and of course focussed on the Rolex Cellini in this case)

There are various makers in the rep game. Each has his strengths and weaknesses. If you read through the different sections here in the forum you will gain more and more info about everything.

Reactions: johnlogan

American Watch Collecter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/19
MKF(actory) is a replica maker who is specialized in Breguet dress watches, Patek nautilus and some other projects here and there (and of course focussed on the Rolex Cellini in this case)

There are various makers in the rep game. Each has his strengths and weaknesses. If you read through the different sections here in the forum you will gain more and more info about everything.

Thank you! May I ask how I order from MK? Or how I find out where a particular watch comes from? Thanks.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Thank you! May I ask how I order from MK? Or how I find out where a particular watch comes from? Thanks.

The factories do not sell directly to consumers. You order from a retailer - in the rep world you want to find a "Trusted Dealer". There's a whole section of RWI dedicated to TDs - you can find it off the forum homepage. In general any TD can get any watch from any factory. An order goes generally like this:
  1. Identify the watch you want.
  2. Contact a TD and confirm they can get the watch from the factory (TDs don't keep no- to little- inventory).
  3. Send payment.
  4. TD receives watch from factory. Some TDs will do some initial QC checks, others will go straight to sending you pictures and maybe a video.
  5. You examine QC pics/videos and approve watch.
  6. TD ships watch to you.
What differentiates one TD from another? Well other than obvious things like responsiveness to requests and quality of packing:
  1. Level of QC the TD does before turning it over to you for approval. Do they notice that misaligned hour marker? That scratch on the bezel? And then request a different piece from the factory.
  2. Payment types accepted. Very few take standard Visa/MC/AE. Western Union, BTC, bank transfer, etc. are more commonly accepted.
  3. Shipping method and ability/willingness to "triangle-ship". Different courier services have different track records as to reliability, speed, and likelihood to be searched/seized by customs. "Triangle Shipping" is where the TD in China ships to a country in (generally) the EU that is safe as far as customs seizures, and then a contact in that country ships it to you (if you live in a country that has strict customs seizure policies).

Reactions: KJ2020 and leo6929

American Watch Collecter

4/1/19
The factories do not sell directly to consumers. You order from a retailer - in the rep world you want to find a "Trusted Dealer". There's a whole section of RWI dedicated to TDs - you can find it off the forum homepage. In general any TD can get any watch from any factory. An order goes generally like this:
  1. Identify the watch you want.
  2. Contact a TD and confirm they can get the watch from the factory (TDs don't keep no- to little- inventory).
  3. Send payment.
  4. TD receives watch from factory. Some TDs will do some initial QC checks, others will go straight to sending you pictures and maybe a video.
  5. You examine QC pics/videos and approve watch.
  6. TD ships watch to you.
What differentiates one TD from another? Well other than obvious things like responsiveness to requests and quality of packing:
  1. Level of QC the TD does before turning it over to you for approval. Do they notice that misaligned hour marker? That scratch on the bezel? And then request a different piece from the factory.
  2. Payment types accepted. Very few take standard Visa/MC/AE. Western Union, BTC, bank transfer, etc. are more commonly accepted.
  3. Shipping method and ability/willingness to "triangle-ship". Different courier services have different track records as to reliability, speed, and likelihood to be searched/seized by customs. "Triangle Shipping" is where the TD in China ships to a country in (generally) the EU that is safe as far as customs seizures, and then a contact in that country ships it to you (if you live in a country that has strict customs seizure policies).

Thanks that’s all I needed to know!

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
Purerime upload cellini moonphase
is seems that the moon is more to the edge which looks better.
isnt it?
https://puretime.io/rlx2019011401.html

FYI, I own one of these. The moonphase looks better in those pictures because of its position. The moonphase is fully functional, which is really cool, as the watch looks different each day I look at it with the moon moving very slightly each day and the blue date hand hand rotating around the dial each day.

The moonphase dial looks closer to the edge because as that dial rotates all the way around, the moon gets closer to the edge around the 12 o'clock position. The moonphase dial is not perfectly centered. You can see this in the videos posted earlier in the thread as the moon rotates around. Specifically when the "new" moon reaches the 10 o'clock to 12 o'clock position in the rotation.

It doesn't bother me too much as it still looks pretty good most of the month. Still a fun watch to wear around.

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
Example of what I am trying to explain with the moonphase dial rotation:

moon673d570cd3c5bda5.png

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
Is the one on intime the same? The PT link doesn’t work for me. I just really want this watch lol

It is. I purchased one from Andrew (because I usually do) when this watch was first announced. It was before he was able to take pictures and video and put it up on the website, but it was on the intime website at that time. I provided Andrew with that intime link just to show him exactly what I was looking for and he sold me that watch listed on the intime site at the same price. It's the RXW "Best Edition" Cellini 50535

If you are interested, I can sell you mine. My moonphase dial is not nearly as bad as the one in the picture. It's a fun watch to wear but honestly, I'm thinking of making room in my watch box to purchase that new Patek 5711 that was released.

For your reference, here are some links:

Link I originally sent to Andrew when buying the watch:

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5825...-white-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a2824.html

Link to Cellini Moonphase on current intime site after domain change:

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5825...-white-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a2824.html

American Watch Collecter

4/1/19
It is. I purchased one from Andrew (because I usually do) when this watch was first announced. It was before he was able to take pictures and video and put it up on the website, but it was on the intime website at that time. I provided Andrew with that intime link just to show him exactly what I was looking for and he sold me that watch listed on the intime site at the same price. It's the RXW "Best Edition" Cellini 50535

If you are interested, I can sell you mine. My moonphase dial is not nearly as bad as the one in the picture. It's a fun watch to wear but honestly, I'm thinking of making room in my watch box to purchase that new Patek 5711 that was released.

For your reference, here are some links:

Link I originally sent to Andrew when buying the watch:

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5825...-white-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a2824.html

Link to Cellini Moonphase on current intime site after domain change:

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5825...-white-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a2824.html

Do you know any Pateks with a working moonphase? That’s what I’m after.

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
Is their anything wrong with the Cellini? For example maybe a scratch or the movement isn’t working?

Not at all, it's basically brand new. No scratches, I'm very delicate with all of my watches. Even the steel ones. I don't wear it enough to cause any significant wear as I usually just wear my gen out and about. Movement is perfect. It has a good power reserve too, I will put it in my watch box to wear another of my watches and it will still be ticking a day or two-ish later.

Here's a pic in natural daylight I took at a stoplight last week:

IMG_20190211_114255db472e5ff3745dd0.jpg

Reactions: Jimbojammer

American Watch Collecter

4/1/19
So when the MK version is released it will be on a place like intime or puretime correct? Also how long should I expect to wait for the MKF?

Last edited:

Super61

Horology Curious
17/12/18
I bought and have received the same watch u have.. but it seems to be broken already. Is it correct that the crown in 2nd position doesn’t do anything? And u have to set the date in crown pos 3 by continuously turning the time through 24 hours until the right day?

Super61

Horology Curious
17/12/18
Anyway.. I’m sending it back. Too many things just are not working.. setting the date by continuously turning the crown through 24 hours is a pain..