• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Releases: ZF Tudor Black Bay (79220x) Models (Rose Dial / ETA) Rep

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Looking forward to the Black Bay Black of this. I really regret not buying it in gen. I think Tudor really f**ked it up when they went with their in-house movement - they turned the hot yet ample Black Bay into its fatter, less attractive sister.

Absolutely agree with you, I was at a multibrand AD yesterday to check out the BB58 Blue and as I was their I was also given the BB 41mm (shield inhouse movement) -> Truth spoken, the "new" 41mm BB did balance worse on my wrist as a 42mm Panerai Submersible... never thought something could appear larger than a Panerai...

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Gen hands and markers are something else. The Tudor rep hands are quite bad for rough edges. Dial print is comparable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Gen hands and markers are something else. The Tudor rep hands are quite bad for rough edges. Dial print is comparable though.

Are you referring to the newly released version (where there is right now only the 79220B available) or in general Tudor ZF models and their hands?

Regarding your comment on the dial print I would be interested if you are also referring to the current or old 79220X models or maybe the 79230X models or general the Tudor ZF (because the dial print on the ZF Tudor BB58 is a little bit washed out as another member could compare it to his gen https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...8-zf-v2-vs-gen)

Last edited:

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Good thread. What do you guys think about the quality on the watch set on raffledials?
http://rafflesdials.com/tudor-herit...zel-and-super-luminova-fit-eta-2824-movement/

I was also considering this offering but when comparing the dial to the gen photos above (I compared to the equivalent 79220N to match the gen better) I could spot these flaws on the raffles:

Rose Logo: Raffles is a little bit too fat (on the gen the lettering is also a bit fatter but the rose is quite fine)
Lume Plot Housings: The plots/housings seem to be sitting too close to the hour markers, on the gen you can see more gap (first I thought it was the raffles photo but even on the 6 hour marker you can see that there is only a tiny gap where as on the gen there is quite a gap
Subline Lettering: Raffles seems a bit too thick (also not very much but it is noticeable)

All in all I also played the Raffles flaws back to the photos of the ZF 79220N Ryan has online and found that the ZF version currently available is far more accurate (all above mentioned points are fulfilled in the ZF).

I am curious whether the ZF dial on the 79220x will also have this matte structure to it the gen has - this was one of the biggest flaws in the otherwise very good ZF BB58!

Reactions: Tudorlove

techie77

Looking Around
31/7/20
Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying the Tudor BB 58. Since it is more than 1,5 year since the last update, do you believe there would be a new model soon? Is there a lot of room for improvement or is it good version to buy?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Are you referring to the newly released version (where there is right now only the 79220B available) or in general Tudor ZF models and their hands?

Regarding your comment on the dial print I would be interested if you are also referring to the current or old 79220X models or maybe the 79230X models or general the Tudor ZF (because the dial print on the ZF Tudor BB58 is a little bit washed out as another member could compare it to his gen https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...8-zf-v2-vs-gen)

I mean the zf hands in general, I’ve seen a similar thing on some Other reps I’ve owned. The light catches these rough edges, maybe micro burrs? Gen hands are flawless. I’ve seen this also on noob Daytona hands and a couple of Vsf omegas ( to name other ones I can remember I’ve had recently ).

Maybe the description in your linked thread is talking about the print colour or thickness. The printing itself is nice, I was talking about the same watch the BB58 and the newer tudors black bay reps. GMT the Harrods for instance) the printing is clean and nicely raised from what I’ve seen.

I did also have a look At some nice images on TRF of the older BBs and came to the same conclusion. Rep Hands are little rough, markers aren’t quite & the dial prints pretty nice.

Last edited:

Tudorlove

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
19/8/20
I was also considering this offering but when comparing the dial to the gen photos above (I compared to the equivalent 79220N to match the gen better) I could spot these flaws on the raffles:

Rose Logo: Raffles is a little bit too fat (on the gen the lettering is also a bit fatter but the rose is quite fine)
Lume Plot Housings: The plots/housings seem to be sitting too close to the hour markers, on the gen you can see more gap (first I thought it was the raffles photo but even on the 6 hour marker you can see that there is only a tiny gap where as on the gen there is quite a gap
Subline Lettering: Raffles seems a bit too thick (also not very much but it is noticeable)

All in all I also played the Raffles flaws back to the photos of the ZF 79220N Ryan has online and found that the ZF version currently available is far more accurate (all above mentioned points are fulfilled in the ZF).

I am curious whether the ZF dial on the 79220x will also have this matte structure to it the gen has - this was one of the biggest flaws in the otherwise very good ZF BB58!

True. that ZF looks better. I wonder if the other colors become available soon. Bit confusing as it says 79230 in the title but the watch has rose logo and is stamped 79220.

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
True. that ZF looks better. I wonder if the other colors become available soon. Bit confusing as it says 79230 in the title but the watch has rose logo and is stamped 79220.

Yes Ryan seem to have took just another Tudor sheet for the listing, it definaltely is the 79220B and the other options (79220N & 79220R) should be available any time soon according to Ryan.

Reactions: Tudorlove

Sureshot20

Horology Curious
28/1/20
Down Under
TheController Many thanks for sharing this news. I was poised to go ahead with the ZF V2 in black. I have a Blue dial rep and have always wanted the BB in black. We must be getting close for an update from the factory...

Reactions: TheController

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Anyone knows is dial the same on red and black (shield)? I found GEN black insert so I wonder could it be swapped on the red one. Thanks

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
TheController Many thanks for sharing this news. I was poised to go ahead with the ZF V2 in black. I have a Blue dial rep and have always wanted the BB in black. We must be getting close for an update from the factory...

You are welcome, I will follow up with Ryan and share the output with all of you - he initially claimed that it should be available somewhere August/September.