• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release SBF Daytona with DD4131 Proprietary Movement (Most advanced version)

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Hi guys,

I am happy to post on this release version of the DanDong 4131 Daytona movement which is the most advanced edition (And also the most stable edition) at the current moment. The current latest Daytona 126500LN model is thinner than earlier 116500LN by 0.5mm in terms of thickness (some fun fact to take note).

SBF Factory is launching the stainless steel white and black 126500LN and below are some pics information released by them this afternoon which having a meeting with them. SBF Factory is a spinoff from the top VSF Factory for this special project and the workmanship for the case, lugs, bezel, pushers & crown are done 1:1 like the genuine Daytona. The crown position when unscrewed works the same as genuine (Only 1 position to adjust time)

The Daytona case is able to take the genuine movement swap as informed by Factory.

Stocks will be ready by end of the month. You can contact us if you want one. Thank you.

Take a look at the below shared information from Factory.

Mikie C

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/2/24
Nice, so this is basically a modded version then? How is the crystal and dial? Are they the latest versions as well? If so, I want one.

Guiltycat

Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
Nice, so this is basically a modded version then? How is the crystal and dial? Are they the latest versions as well? If so, I want one.
No one including the dealers have these yet.

Reactions: Dave2302

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
It's strange to me that they keep referring to a DD4131 when it's using a 4802 which is based on the 4130. There are no pictures or even rumors of a DD4131 movement. Maybe something is getting lost in translation or they are keeping quiet until closer to release.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
This watch has a skeletonized version of the Peacock (Dandong) SL-4801 (aka the SL-4802).

This movement isn’t bad… I’ve done a tear down of the non-skeletonized version that’s used in the AR+F 12-series Daytonas.

While the movement isn’t bad, it does have some the huge drawback that the rotor only winds the mainspring in one direction (in the other it spins freely). This is likely to result in a much louder rotor since half the time it will be spinning freely on your wrist. When a rotor winds in both directions it becomes almost silent if the watch is fully wound because it has resistance in both directions so doesn’t really spin or even move much.

My opinion is that Daytonas with SL-4801 / SL-4802 movements aren’t a “do not buy” list, but they shouldn’t be priced at the same level as 12-series Daytonas with the SH4131 movement (eg those from Clean Factory).

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Prince Harry Naacp GIF by BET

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Apart from the very valuable information from @dogwood , why would the factory put in a weirdly sceletonized movement in this 126500? Or will they use a version of this movement with same finish and engravings like the gen (or the clean 126500)?

I’d never buy a Daytona with a movement looking like this. I don’t get it.

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
Apart from the very valuable information from @dogwood , why would the factory put in a weirdly sceletonized movement in this 126500? Or will they use a version of this movement with same finish and engravings like the gen (or the clean 126500)?

Because we (westerners) aren't their main market?
Most (I believe) of these watches remain in China or Asia at least, where access to the real watch is non existent. The numbers of reps that cross customs via the TDs etc is minimal.
But the main customer base there know the new watch is thinner and has a new movement so the factories try this.

The likes of Clean and VSF know they have reputations to protect hence a "spin off" factory.

Just my guess, could be a mile out

Also, I'm not casting any doubt on any TD, they're just translating and passing on info.

Last edited:

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe

As I understand it, this is an early alpha version. The DD4131 will certainly also be decorated and modded in the final version - if there is one.

But you are not necessarily representative. For example, I couldn't care less what the movement looks like on a watch with a closed case back. What matters is what you can see and feel - for example, that the functions and operation are "genlike". If the movement also looks "genlike", that's a rather unimportant extra for me that I'm happy to take with me, but for which I don't like to pay several hundred euros extra.

In any case, I have ordered the alpha version for testing. I can't wait to see ;-)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Most (I believe) of these watches remain in China or Asia at least, where access to the real watch is non existent. The numbers of reps that cross customs via the TDs etc is minimal.
That’s totally untrue. I’m in Asia and my access to gen watches has been very…existent, to put it mildly.
Do you have something against Asia or is just completely ignorant of the global watch market in general?

Last edited:

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada

It’s not the first time we’ve seen VSF do this. VSF used a skeletonized version of the 2824 in their omega titanium NTTD rep. I suspect it’s simply a case of what movement they can get their hands on cheaply especially since it’s an off the shelf movement. I’d guess they went to Peacock and asked for a few thousand SL-4801s for a production run, but peacock offered them a better price on the SL-4802.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
It's strange to me that they keep referring to a DD4131 when it's using a 4802 which is based on the 4130. There are no pictures or even rumors of a DD4131 movement. Maybe something is getting lost in translation or they are keeping quiet until closer to release.
Do you mean SBF is not using a clone ?

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
As I understand it, this is an early alpha version. The DD4131 will certainly also be decorated and modded in the final version - if there is one.

But you are not necessarily representative. For example, I couldn't care less what the movement looks like on a watch with a closed case back. What matters is what you can see and feel - for example, that the functions and operation are "genlike". If the movement also looks "genlike", that's a rather unimportant extra for me that I'm happy to take with me, but for which I don't like to pay several hundred euros extra.

In any case, I have ordered the alpha version for testing. I can't wait to see ;-)
Ok I didn’t its an alpha version since I don’t see it mentioned.

The view you describe is interesting. The way I see it, we all want reps that are as close to the gen as possible, functionally and visually. For me, that also includes the movement. Ideally, it should be as close to Gen as possible. Even if it's a closed caseback, I still know what's ticking in my watch. If I know that it's a strange skeletonised movement that doesn't look at all like Gen, that would really bother me. Isn't that why we all like our clone movements so much?

I remember when I started with reps 10 years ago, the majority of the reps were with A-ETA movement. Reliable, yes. But not good/gen like looking. So following the years, more and more clones were replacing the ETAs, so there is a demand and supply.

It always bothered me when I opened up the caseback of my Noob V5s Sub (best in class back in 2015/16) just to see the cheap golden 2836 😅

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
There are at least 2 of us in this thread who don't give a flying monkeys fuck what's inside a rep with a closed case back.

As long as they are sensibly reliable and keep decent time once run in and regulated I definitely don't give a shit ;)

As for display case backs, there isn't many decorated movements that will fool anyone who knows movements, I'm no expert at all, but I can soon spot a fair few of them.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Ok I didn’t its an alpha version since I don’t see it mentioned.

The view you describe is interesting. The way I see it, we all want reps that are as close to the gen as possible, functionally and visually. For me, that also includes the movement.
Well, that´s a "nice to have" but nothing more - at least for me. I can remember the times when it was common to upgrade a Rep with a Swiss ETA oder SW ... of course without deco.

btw.: Most of our friends don´t even have a tool to open a Daytona ;-)=

Ideally, it should be as close to Gen as possible. Even if it's a closed caseback, I still know what's ticking in my watch.

To be honest, I rarely open the casebacks to look at the movement. Shame on me ;-)

If I know that it's a strange skeletonised movement that doesn't look at all like Gen, that would really bother me. Isn't that why we all like our clone movements so much?
Do we? For watches with open casebacks that´s true.

I remember when I started with reps 10 years ago, the majority of the reps were with A-ETA movement. Reliable, yes. But not good/gen like looking. So following the years, more and more clones were replacing the ETAs, so there is a demand and supply.
Yes, for Rolex-Reps this is true. But it was not only the "look". The old Daytona 7750s where thicker and not reliable. The 4130-Clones are very popular because they are thin and reliable ... and yes, the genlike look is a bonus too.

It always bothered me when I opened up the caseback of my Noob V5s Sub (best in class back in 2015/16) just to see the cheap golden 2836 😅
I had a cool looking VSF Omega NTTD with a super duper "clone". Unfortunately the automatic module always touched the deco and the watch made noises. After all I removed the whole deco-rubbish and had a great working watch which was some grams lighter ;-)

Last edited:

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
There are at least 2 of us in this thread who don't give a flying monkeys fuck what's inside a rep with a closed case back.

As long as they are sensibly reliable and keep decent time once run in and regulated I definitely don't give a shit ;)

As for display case backs, there isn't many decorated movements that will fool anyone who knows movements, I'm no expert at all, but I can soon spot a fair few of them.
OK but how do you do with only 45 h power reserve ? 😉