• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: Aqua Terra with 8400 clone movement

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
There are 2 white Aqua Terra dials for sale that fit the 8500 movement on eBay now. They're from a US seller and cost 200 or 225 USD one of them have a small scratch on the logo. Anyway for the mint one the price is really a good.

IMG_6885.jpg

I look up the prices in the Omega SAV system and then ad taxes and normal boutique margin on the part, that's why the black dial in this case have a retail of about 600$. There are other AT dials for the 8500 movement with gold and diamond index that is way way more expensive. That's how I calculate the prices, but no AD will sell this parts anyway except for bracelet and straps.

Second there is no reason to Franken a VSF rep of the AT. The improvement isn't worth the money and extreme effort of finding the parts. And 99,9% of eBay parts is used in different condition and it's always a gamble. Just learn to live with these minor flaws of a 0,005 mm thinker dial print and maybe a little dust particle on inside of the crystal that can be removed quite easy. I can understand rejecting a QC if the Omega logo have fallen off or if the watch have obvious dents. I've ordered over 100 watches the last 5 years and never had to reject a single QC. Well the first maybe 30-40 watches from the non TD I used didn't even provide QC pics. I sent one watch back as the crown fell of first thing when I unboxed it. It was a cheap Rolex sub with 21j movement and one of the first replica watches I bought. That's also when I learned never to send anything back it's much much more easy to fix it self or find a local watchmaker.

You should all be thankful that I'm not a TD here the blacklist would have been quite long for annoying QC rejectors... :p lol

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
No one is gonna be able to see that on your wrist. Even if you gave it to that person they won't notice shit. As long as you don't show off your reps on Instagram as gens all is fine.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
For every one that supply 300x300 pixel pictures at 40x magnification I have a little story to tell. Today I broke one of the unwritten rules and went to a AD with my black dial VSF AT and told the sales man it was fake. He didn't believe me and laughed. I asked him to compare with the gen they had in display and he still said it's the same watch and they can't replicate the movement with clear caseback. After that he went and get the watchmaker and I told him to specific take a look at the escapement to se the difference between the coaxial and the regular Swiss lever used in the VSF clone. The answer was he was absolutely amazed and terrified at the same time. His short answer was "This will cause a lot of scams online"

so If you guys still are worried about getting called out from a stranger across the street for wearing one of these, calm down and enjoy your 400 usd high end rep. Not even a salesman or a trained omega watchmaker noticed before I told what to look after. See the pics below

IMG_6815.png

Genuine

IMG_6816.png

Replica

Rooneey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/18
No one is gonna be able to see that on your wrist. Even if you gave it to that person they won't notice shit. As long as you don't show off your reps on Instagram as gens all is fine.

Is Anyone even does that? I thought that hobby is about enjoying ourselves not everyone else...
I ask as many of "old" RWI members not ordered those super reps only because of that, so trying to follow more experienced :)

yakuuu

Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Seems like the blue one is out of stock for now... :(

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
For every one that supply 300x300 pixel pictures at 40x magnification I have a little story to tell. Today I broke one of the unwritten rules and went to a AD with my black dial VSF AT and told the sales man it was fake. He didn't believe me and laughed. I asked him to compare with the gen they had in display and he still said it's the same watch and they can't replicate the movement with clear caseback. After that he went and get the watchmaker and I told him to specific take a look at the escapement to se the difference between the coaxial and the regular Swiss lever used in the VSF clone. The answer was he was absolutely amazed and terrified at the same time. His short answer was "This will cause a lot of scams online"

so If you guys still are worried about getting called out from a stranger across the street for wearing one of these, calm down and enjoy your 400 usd high end rep. Not even a salesman or a trained omega watchmaker noticed before I told what to look after. See the pics below

Genuine

Replica

Wow, incredible, the progress we have seen this year with rep movements have been amazing

Reactions: vcappp

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
Can one of the owners of this model please tell me the lug width for a leather strap replacement? I'm assuming its 20mm.