• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Markers and lum seem to be great. Not sure about dial color. Overall look like PF but better dial and printing

I think all this needs is the new date wheel mod and it is good to go

kombazz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/14
i see a lot of people comment on the thickness and make me wonder how many of you have really had the gen ...

First the gen is 8.3 but comes at 8.5 sometimes its not exact science since the thickness depends on assembling process... im 100% sure that no one can spot a 0.2mm diffrence in between with a naked eye. at the same time i highly doub someone can do this from 8.3/8.5 and the 9mm the PF is right now...

i do have developed a personal opinion about all this scenario in my mind regarding this users and post who have become really frequent specially in upcoming watches.

I believe this users are actually the one who never going to buy this watch and the more they complain more they feel good with them self for not buying it (this is my personal opinion).

I’ve seen and had the nautilus. and the PF sits like the gen on my wrist. My gen was an old reference dial was gray/blue not the current production. now you who complain, and advice please show up and enlighten me where I’m wrong and what i can’t see that you have seen.

Sent from the RWI App

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Half the ppl say go pf half say mk! If feel is more important than a perfect date window, which model 5711 should you go for, planning no mods, best outta the box, tightest manufactured.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm on fence on this, particularly on the white one. Yes, the date font is off but it can be remedied with the date wheel mod. My concern is the horizontal lines of the dial which does not match the gen.

We need to know if this in fact the MK version. Kuvarsit's website does not mention the maker and replied it was a competitor to PF, when asked for the makers name. This watch should make PF to make overdue improvements on their version or reduce their price(s).

Looking forward for more info from RWI TDs and reviews from RWI members.

eugi18

20/3/14
I'm on fence on this, particularly on the white one. Yes, the date font is off but it can be remedied with the date wheel mod. My concern is the horizontal lines of the dial which does not match the gen.

We need to know if this in fact the MK version. Kuvarsit's website does not mention the maker and replied it was a competitor to PF, when asked for the makers name. This watch should make PF to make overdue improvements on their version or reduce their price(s).

I have been told that the Nautilus on Kurvarsit’s website is a new release from JJF

Reactions: vcappp

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have been told that the Nautilus on Kurvarsit’s website is a new release from JJF

Thank you for this information, I just got done asking one our TDs for information about the maker of this Nautilus. It was just a short time ago that JJF introduced a V2 of their Nautilus, which has a thickness of 9.5mm. and retailed for around $348.00. Now we get this, right before the MK release. Thanks again.

SmartyPants

18/5/17
The real question remains: did they improve the flexibility and the build quality of the bracelet? The last MKF Nauti I had was a complete nightmare. Huge gaps on the wrist. If they didn't drastically change it then this V2 was not necessary at all.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I don't think this one from Kuvarsit is the JJF one, or if so, it's been drastically revised since it came out. There's a thread on the new JJF here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...tilus-from-jjf

Here's the JJF dial in their new release, as posted on InTime:

nautilus-jumbo-5711-jjf-1-1-best-edition-blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324.jpg

This Kuvarsit 5711 dial is completely different, and significantly better:

DSC_0738.jpg

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12

what is wrong with the lines?

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't think this one from Kuvarsit is the JJF one, or if so, it's been drastically revised since it came out. There's a thread on the new JJF here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...tilus-from-jjf

Here's the JJF dial in their new release, as posted on InTime:

nautilus-jumbo-5711-jjf-1-1-best-edition-blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324.jpg

This Kuvarsit 5711 dial is completely different, and significantly better:

DSC_0738.jpg

How you doing Dave,

I've asked Francis from MrTimeZone for clarification of the maker of the Nautilus that Kuvarsit offers on his site. Hopefully I get an answer soon. There is a slight possibility that this could be a V3 from JJF based upon the pictures you provided. I say slight because JJF just introduced their V2 recently. The decrease of thickness from 9.5mm to 9.00mm and the price hike from $348.00 to $398.00 leads me to believe it could be a JJF V3 version. We should soon find out.

BTW, JF just introduced their version of the AP 15202. The consensus in the AP sub forum has our DC factory version is a better deal, in spite of the bracelet issues.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
as stated, the lines differ from the gen. I've also been informed it's not the MK version that we await, but instead it's a JJF version.

I already got that it "differs", I am asking what is wrong with it, differ how?

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I already got that it "differs", I am asking what is wrong with it, differ how?

the position where the markers ends (top or bottom) would cover the lines. I was flipping back and forth between the official PP site and Kuvarsit's site comparing the two watches and made notes. As soon as I was informed that the watch on Kuvarsit's site was not a MK but a JJF, I got rid of my notes. As I mentioned earlier, we await the MK version. Now, you can get the JJF version and do the date wheel mod and get the winner you want. Some of us prefer a better dial and possibly a better date wheel.

Reactions: vcappp and reppin

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I think it would be strange if these new Kuvarsit models were JJF, because the white-dial JJF that came out last month had good embossing. This new Kuvarsit white-dial also has the new-style rounded scallops rather than squared verticals on the detail around the "PATEK PHILIPPE" and "GENEVE", along with the new style date window (with a too-thick border).

Here's the JJF released mid-July:

nautilus-jumbo-5711-jjf-1-1-best-edition-white-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324.jpg

Here's the new Kuvarsit:

DSC_0789.jpg

I've never actually seen the rounded scallops in the wild - only on Patek's site, and even then, they're showing them only on one photo, and all of the other renderings are straight verticals (which I think looks better).

Last edited:

eugi18

20/3/14
I think it would be strange if these new Kuvarsit models were JJF, because the white-dial JJF that came out last month had good embossing. This new Kuvarsit white-dial also has the new-style rounded scallops rather than squared verticals on the detail around the "PATEK PHILIPPE" and "GENEVE", along with the new style date window (with a too-thick border).

nautilus-jumbo-5711-jjf-1-1-best-edition-white-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324.jpg

Here's the new Kuvarsit:

DSC_0789.jpg

I've never actually seen the rounded scallops in the wild - only on Patek's site, and even then, they're showing them only on one photo, and all of the other renderings are straight verticals (which I think looks better).

This is a close up of the gen.

Patek-Philippe-5711-White-dial-closeup.jpg

Reactions: androme

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Here's the new Kuvarsit:

DSC_0789.jpg

I just received an e-mail from Francis, MrTimezone, confirming that the watch on Kuvarsit's website is indeed from the MK factory. Forum rules prohibits displaying private messages for all to see, so if you want to see the message, PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward it to you.