• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
i see a lot of people comment on the thickness and make me wonder how many of you have really had the gen ...

First the gen is 8.3 but comes at 8.5 sometimes its not exact science since the thickness depends on assembling process... im 100% sure that no one can spot a 0.2mm diffrence in between with a naked eye. at the same time i highly doub someone can do this from 8.3/8.5 and the 9mm the PF is right now...

i do have developed a personal opinion about all this scenario in my mind regarding this users and post who have become really frequent specially in upcoming watches.

I believe this users are actually the one who never going to buy this watch and the more they complain more they feel good with them self for not buying it (this is my personal opinion).

I’ve seen and had the nautilus. and the PF sits like the gen on my wrist. My gen was an old reference dial was gray/blue not the current production. now you who complain, and advice please show up and enlighten me where I’m wrong and what i can’t see that you have seen.

Reactions: phdsjain

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
i see a lot of people comment on the thickness and make me wonder how many of you have really had the gen ...

First the gen is 8.3 but comes at 8.5 sometimes its not exact science since the thickness depends on assembling process... im 100% sure that no one can spot a 0.2mm diffrence in between with a naked eye. at the same time i highly doub someone can do this from 8.3/8.5 and the 9mm the PF is right now...

i do have developed a personal opinion about all this scenario in my mind regarding this users and post who have become really frequent specially in upcoming watches.

I believe this users are actually the one who never going to buy this watch and the more they complain more they feel good with them self for not buying it (this is my personal opinion).

I’ve seen and had the nautilus. and the PF sits like the gen on my wrist. My gen was an old reference dial was gray/blue not the current production. now you who complain, and advice please show up and enlighten me where I’m wrong and what i can’t see that you have seen.

I’ve worn the Gen and it is noticeably thin, when I tried on the new Perpetual Calendar Nautilus at an AD I can tell the difference, and the representative helping me stated the difference was under 1mm. Also it doesn’t range for. 8.3-8.5, the new ones which is what This new watch is trying to copy is 8.5. The older PP Nautiluses has an 8.3 thickness hence yours.

Also thickness only really matters when you are dealing with things that are thin. If the watch was 20mm thick I would agree adding a few millimeters wouldn’t impact it, but adding a .5mm on a watch that’s 8.5mn thick is much more noticeable.

But I can see where you’re coming from but not really. You say that you can’t tell the difference between your Gen and PF, but I would say that’s one super easy to tell. I would understand if you said most people who get his won’t see the Gen to be able to compare...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I’ve worn the Gen and it is noticeably thin, when I tried on the new Perpetual Calendar Nautilus at an AD I can tell the difference, and the representative helping me stated the difference was under 1mm. Also it doesn’t range for. 8.3-8.5, the new ones which is what This new watch is trying to copy is 8.5. The older PP Nautiluses has an 8.3 thickness hence yours.

Also thickness only really matters when you are dealing with things that are thin. If the watch was 20mm thick I would agree adding a few millimeters wouldn’t impact it, but adding a .5mm on a watch that’s 8.5mn thick is much more noticeable.

But I can see where you’re coming from but not really. You say that you can’t tell the difference between your Gen and PF, but I would say that’s one super easy to tell. I would understand if you said most people who get his won’t see the Gen to be able to compare...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what i said is that with a naked eyes you cant tell if its 9mm or 8.5. im not saying the PF is good, all im saying is to cut this thickness thing that has been trending lately.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I am not buying the PF not because of the 0.xx mm difference. But because I read about the horrible build quality, glued dial and so on.

Once we will get a nicely build Nautilus I will buy it. Even if 1.0 mm thicker. But the feeling has to be of HIGH quality, something you would experience on a 25k watch.

Reactions: phdsjain

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
I am not buying the PF not because of the 0.xx mm difference. But because I read about the horrible build quality, glued dial and so on.

Once we will get a nicely build Nautilus I will buy it. Even if 1.0 mm thicker. But the feeling has to be of HIGH quality, something you would experience on a 25k watch.

Same here

eugi18

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/14

That is why it is a "25K" watch.

eugi18

20/3/14
I just sent a PM to puretime asking for an estimated availability date for this watch, I'll post his answer as soon as I get one. If anyone has any information concerning an availability date from a different source, please post it. I'm sure a lot of folks are interested.

It has been already released from another dealer.

eugi18

20/3/14
Please elaborate, I am not sure which point are you referring to from my post.

"But the feeling has to be of HIGH quality, something you would experience on a 25k watch."

IMO, the only way you can experience that feeling is with the actual gen.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
"But the feeling has to be of HIGH quality, something you would experience on a 25k watch."

IMO, the only way you can experience that feeling is with the actual gen.

Not always true! When I handle my ARF SD43 or the JF AP Diver I have a real feeling of high luxury watch. I have friends with gen ceramic rolexes or ROOs and they feel about the same. I held a gen hublot that felt actually worse than some hi quality rep.

From what I read the PF is quite disappointing in this.

eugi18

20/3/14
Not always true! When I handle my ARF SD43 or the JF AP Diver I have a real feeling of high luxury watch. I have friends with gen ceramic rolexes or ROOs and they feel about the same. I held a gen hublot that felt actually worse than some hi quality rep.

I do agree with you about the Hublots, I own a gen Hublot Maradona Big Bang and it does feel very cheap indeed..

I have ordered the new version of the PP mentioned in this thread, will post photos of it as soon as I receive it.

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17

I actually tried the gen classic fusion in an AD last week and I was so surprised that it felt of such poor quality,I actually thought I was holding a rep lol