• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PP Nautilus from V6 Factory (V4) 1:1

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Hey guys,

I actually did the unthinkable and bought this watch from Josh. I had the QC photos with 24 hours of purchase, which I rejected. I think he had to work hard to source the watch with the good rotor for me--took him almost a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dloader

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/12
I bought a v3 from Ryan and the inner part of the bezel had a couple imperfections. Not finished smoothly/ rough jagged.
How is the v6? Can someone post some closeup/ macro shots?

OL_HB

1/12/09
I bought a v3 from Ryan and the inner part of the bezel had a couple imperfections. Not finished smoothly/ rough jagged.

+1

dloader

9/7/12
That's the V3 from Ryan...
photo3_zps5bc9e517.jpg

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
Here is a picture I ended up commenting on.

I love perfect reps as much as anyone but honestly this one is not close to the gen anyway.
So I think it really doesn't matter much what the rotor looks like.
Anyone who's familiar with high end watches will know when they see it.

lfovco

18/3/06
Yes, either one it's far from genuine, which is fine, but I still like the other rotor much better. And I never try pass my reps as gens. I still wear 2005 EL PAM 111 that I got over 8 years ago, and that movt. is completely off.
But if there is an option to get a better version, why not get it.
Intime is a pretty highly reviewed seller and he offered to switch the rotor for me, which is really nice.
And as far as the V6 factory job on that bad rotor, it's lame, they put the logo sticker on top of the type, that's a complete half-ass job. That said, the rest of the piece looks really nice.

I love perfect reps as much as anyone but honestly this one is not close to the gen anyway.
So I think it really doesn't matter much what the rotor looks like.
Anyone who's familiar with high end watches will know when they see it.

lfovco

18/3/06
The patek symbol is way to small and the florets at the end are not shaped the same as on the gen rotor, but it's a HUGE step up from that awful looking sticker and night and day from the straight edged rotor! The only way to get a good one at the moment is to get the more expensive Swiss version. For me, spending $500 (although the cartel hasn't bumped prices yet so I paid $418) for a SW200 with a good looking rotor is a better value than paying $350 for an A2824 with a crappy looking rotor. Note though that a lot of the sw200 have the crappy rotor too. You have to really hunt around (or your TD needs to hunt around) to find a good one.

As I just found out the nicer Rotor, although with "too small Patek symbol" is being used in Asian movement in Aquanaut. And that Rotor can be switched in place of the crappy V6 straight edges one.
Which is what the dealer kindly offered to switch for me before shipping it out, now that's a great service.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12

That is also made by v6. When did you get the watch?? The finish on my watch is very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lfovco

18/3/06
Mr Nit Picker, when have you seen a perfect rep ?

Hehe, no such thing :) Unless you get it custom built.
I have a completely custom built Panerai 5218-202A PVD, it's so insanely good I would have to call it a perfect rep, ETA movement straight from Switzerland, PVD done by the same factory that used to do Panerai, custom dial, hands, case back and so on.
It's kind of priceless to me cause it is irreplaceable.

BTW: BMW760, it looks like we are neighbors, I happened to stop by S.C.Plaza at the Patek AD today and tried 5980-1A Nautilus (they did not have the base one). Damn... this thing is pretty much perfect.

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
No such thing as a perfect rep I'm afraid.
That's why gens are worth the money for nit pickers.

GlennRyuen

16/7/11
Is it just me but I couldn't locate where this watch from most of the TDs , I do found the V3 though.

Pls enlighten me ,

Thank you in advanced

TQDG

9/3/12
I tried on a 5711 today. So beautiful, feather light, just looks brilliant. I'm sure someone here has tried on the gen to compare how they actually feel on the wrist comparatively... what's the verdict? What is the difference in wrist feel and presence?

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
I tried on a 5711 today. So beautiful, feather light, just looks brilliant. I'm sure someone here has tried on the gen to compare how they actually feel on the wrist comparatively... what's the verdict? What is the difference in wrist feel and presence?

The rep feels cheap and plasticky.

At this level of entry level high end watches, there is really no comparison between replica watches and the real deal...

TQDG

9/3/12
Sorry, I should clarify. I'm asking about bracelet feel, not strap feel. I expect the rep croco/leather straps to feel like plastic and cardboard.

roddek6

20/8/12
Hello
I am awaiting the same watch from toro with the curved rotor, the movement is it a sellita sw 200 or sw 200-1 + thank you for your return

efray

Horology Curious
11/12/12
Hello, who's the best to get Rep Nautilus now?

Andrew seems to be condemned here..