• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PP Nautilus from V6 Factory (V4) 1:1

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Guys, I just received my PP Nautilus 1:1 ultimate edition today!!! Here are the pics:

20130614_184842.jpg

20130614_184816.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

udyjana6.jpg

u2a4u6uz.jpg

tadyhady.jpg

y6a9e8ad.jpg

hysu9uzu.jpg

ymyse4yn.jpg

atezury2.jpg

The biggest tell on this watch is the movement, which is very nicely finished but isn't fooling anyone that has seen a picture of a real patek. That said, I still wanted a watch with a good rotor that looks gen enough. I rejected the first watch because it had that crappy straight rotor with a sticker on it, which just looked awful:

y5esu9ar.jpg

The movement itself was clean, but it will never fool anyone that knows what a patek movement looks like. That rotor is hideous! I always wondered why they didn't etch the rotor like so many other watches out there. Finally, a decent looking rotor!!!

20130614_185710.jpg

The patek symbol is way to small and the florets at the end are not shaped the same as on the gen rotor, but it's a HUGE step up from that awful looking sticker and night and day from the straight edged rotor! The only way to get a good one at the moment is to get the more expensive Swiss version. For me, spending $500 for a SW200 with a good looking rotor is a better value than paying $350 for an A2824 with a crappy looking rotor. Note though that a lot of the sw200 have the crappy rotor too. You have to really hunt around (or your TD needs to hunt around) to find a good one.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
So, you buy watches to fool people?
This rotor is as far from gen., as I'm from being Gerald Genta.
I think, my 21j rotor is better, than Sellita's rotor.
At least I can round the edges, and it will be same shape, as gen.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
So, you buy watches to fool people?
This rotor is as far from gen., as I'm from being Gerald Genta.
I think, my 21j rotor is better, than Sellita's rotor.
At least I can round the edges, and it will be same shape, as gen.

Luthier,

I think you missed my point entirely. I said it is NOT gen like, but much better than it was in the past and certainly better than the rotor in the first set of QC pictures. I certainly didn't buy this watch to fool anyone. I also don't get the whole "mine is better than yours " thing??? I am happy you are happy with your version of this watch. I am very happy with mine. Anyway, here's the a picture of the gen movement and rotor for comparison sake:

Gen:

zabu9age.jpg

My so-called 1:1 V6 factory version (V4):

ju9ymedy.jpg

Luthier's 21j:

813.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Geuff

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/5/13
I am planning to get one and ask my friend jeweler to make a closed CB like one in the 3800 models. Shouldn't be hard using the open CB as template.
What do you think ?

I would call it MBK V2 lol!

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I am planning to get one and ask my friend jeweler to make a closed CB like one in the 3800 models. Shouldn't be hard using the open CB as template.
What do you think ?

I would call it MBK V2 lol!

Why bother?? This is a stealth watch that people that aren't into watches don't know much about and any WIS that notices and knows the nautilus will see you have a 5711 case. The solid case back is a bigger tell than the sellita movement imo. It would have been nice if V6 factory tried to clone the bridge, but at least made it look nice. It really is nicely finished and the new rotor looks good. They even put a sapphire crystal on the case back, which is a very nice touch and unusual. Why spend money to cover it up??

Geuff

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/5/13
Cost me like 50$ max so it's not a big deal. The movement kinda bothers me that's why :/

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Hey guys, this is a 40mm Jumbo version. It's a thin watch and wears small IMO. I have an 8.5 inch wrist for perspective.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

lfovco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/06
I did try a gen at an AD not a long time ago. It works super well on a smaller wrist. I have been wearing 44mm Panerais for past 9 years, but I'm ready for Nautilus.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I am enjoying mine a lot:

dynu5amu.jpg

OL_HB

1/12/09
May I ask who is the dealer?

I wonder wgy there is no hype for such improvement .
We used to get teasing and updates long before a new model or version is out.

BTW, who do you know that this model is from V6 factory?

lfovco

18/3/06
I just rejected QA today with the straight crappy rotor, it was from intime. I hope they can get the new one with the nicer rotor, since this is what they show on their website.

lfovco

18/3/06
I hope they can get a good one since I already paid. I cannot believe that after all these years a factory would still do such a crappy job.