• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
You wont be able to source a gen crystal, sorry. Correct rhc22 - this watch MUST have a high end strap, otherwise it's ridiculous. And sorry: the "Vietnam" strap isn't a high end strap...

G

Anything mid level in terms of strap? I've going to pick up a gold case with the grey ardoise dial. I've got a Camille Fournet on my silver case gold numeral but I don't fancy dropping that kind of money again.

Would prefer a dark brown 'gator with matching stitching (and I can use the deployment clasp with).

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
You wont be able to source a gen crystal, sorry. Correct rhc22 - this watch MUST have a high end strap, otherwise it's ridiculous. And sorry: the "Vietnam" strap isn't a high end strap...
I'm aware ... It's to tide me over until I get the orloff. Haven't heard back from him since last contact. But anything is better than the cat scrotum that came with the watch haha

Sent from my Deco Stop

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
At least a cats scrotum is natural. Not much natural product in the rep strap! The watch needs a replacement strap.......any replacement strap has to be better than the one that comes with it.

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
At least a cats scrotum is natural. Not much natural product in the rep strap! The watch needs a replacement strap.......any replacement strap has to be better than the one that comes with it.
Thus Vietnam haha

Sent from my Deco Stop

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Jeez i might just have to pick one of these up in Rg, hmm which ONE guys???

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
Just cannot bring myself to get the RG and ardoise. As much as I like it, it is just too inaccurate as it is neither a 5001 or 5007, but then again.......... Sharrkey, just get the package sent to a buddy's address!

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth

So true... they make nice bracelets and meanwhile very good rubber straps, why the heck can't they deliver decent croc straps? It really isn't rocket science...

jonchar

Known Member
11/12/13
Finally got my blue on white. And now I know why everyone says the strap is crap. Haha. One word to describe the watch... beautiful!

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
All about Margin and profit

Most probably, yes.

otherwise will cost you 450 for it with Gen croc. I rather get a gen croc myself custom made to suite.

Not necessarily, have a look at the pricing of watches with bracelets, I'd therefore prefer a gen-like strap in the first place. You could always change the strap to whatever you like, just that actually you always have to, due to the POS quality of the rep straps.

thermalboyz

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/14
United Kingdom
yeah, for example the 3777 with metal bracelet and with leather the difference is minor so i presume is possible but for extra $80 to gen croc, I would rather spend it on custom made. In china the gen crco price varies between $40 to $150 depends on the quality.

jonchar

Known Member
11/12/13
mind to share some pictures?

Just be for now as I did a quick snap. I'm sure others have better pictures than me. :)

2vskg1u.jpg

raizer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/15
Just be for now as I did a quick snap. I'm sure others have better pictures than me. :)

Wow, you have a very nicely centred date!. Congrats on the watch. I recently ordered a Laureus, hopefully second times the charm with my date :whistling:.