• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
Let's see some more QC pics of the ardoise dial version. I thought I was settled on white/blue, but now I'm swerving in the ardoise direction.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
adfcd41dda5d48feb0b20994e1ab7216.jpg

d615f8621a212334b88d9e2ce9314a15.jpg

20f7487dba2e76e88ca067765a625033.jpg

1a3b6405b044dfc932a5a5cf532bb2f6.jpg

S???R?I????? :sharrkey:

activa66

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/14
Hi guys, I'm looking for a blue dial, the only one is the aureus? Because this one ( ZF version, 5001, it's not available in blue right? )

Thanks

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
Having a REALLY hard time deciding what stainless version to go after...
White w/ gold numbers
White w/ blue number
Gray dial
Black dial

Is there a better maker to go after? Like who's white/gold & black dial is better made/closest to gen? Trying to read all 1000 posts in this thread is rough LOL

[MENTION=12125]sharrkey[/MENTION] - is that a gen dial you have in yours? Did you happen to take side by side pics of the gen/rep dial so we can see the differences? I've been in love with this model IWC for the few occasions I do dress up, and was thinking maybe doing a Franken as well...if I did decide I love it on my wrist. Too many times I've loved a watch on pics but not on my wrist.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Mines away to Domi to get the dial fitted and whatever else he suggests, I didn't do a side by side because another member has done so.

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
Mines away to Domi to get the dial fitted and whatever else he suggests, I didn't do a side by side because another member has done so.

I must have missed it.
I'll search this thread when I get off tapa

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
They do have AR...the blue hue is as per every other IWC.
Ahhh. Didn't realize the AR was as per gen. Was hoping to get it to be a little less reflective when looking straight on the dial.

But if this is as per gen then im happy with it. Thanks man !

Sent from my Deco Stop

rhc22

26/11/11
Ahhh. Didn't realize the AR was as per gen. Was hoping to get it to be a little less reflective when looking straight on the dial.

But if this is as per gen then im happy with it. Thanks man !

Sent from my Deco Stop

It's pretty good on the rep, it has the blue tint but slightly more reflective. It's close but not quite as good as a Sunnydale AR or Gen. I'm happy with it.

rhc22

26/11/11
Hmm. Anyone know if this will accept a gen Crystal?

Sent from my Deco Stop

Don't get me wrong, I like to mod wherever I can but I'm not sure I would bother with a gen crystal. In my opinion the best bang for buck to improve the watch would be a gen or gen spec. strap.
A cheap strap makes a watch look cheap and quality strap makes the watch look quality. This is supposed to be a $9k watch so if you want it to look authentic put a top quality strap on it. Well that's my opinion anyway!

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Don't get me wrong, I like to mod wherever I can but I'm not sure I would bother with a gen crystal. In my opinion the best bang for buck to improve the watch would be a gen or gen spec. strap.
A cheap strap makes a watch look cheap and quality strap makes the watch look quality. This is supposed to be a $9k watch so if you want it to look authentic put a top quality strap on it. Well that's my opinion anyway!
That's the plan. Was in the process of getting an orloff strap and he never got back to me. Also have a Vietnam on the way to tide me over.

Sent from my Deco Stop

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Jeez I've looked at Gen crystals, hands, crown, and even deployant!
Gotta draw the line somewhere I guess as I know I'll just end up selling eventually.
Still would like a Gen deployant to go with my Oem strap