• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Not at all, I just wanted to degrade those brands indeed, ha. But I still fail to understand you and that thing about artificial reasons. Is there a non-artificial reason? Anyway, wear what you want and for whatever reasons you want. No one, included myself, is entitled to tell you otherwise.

(wait, unless you are married, in which case...)

Hahah I stand corrected, I meant superficial.

I just think that to a certain degree we wear certain rep brands or any brands(let's say Rolex or PP) because there is some self gratification that we want whether it's because of the attention that we think we are getting or we just simply feel good about ourselves because we value them, but even the latter is because we feel we are associated with those luxury brands. And going back to what stampsatit said, I was simply saying just be confident in what ever watches you like because as you mentioned no one really cares or even pay attention to what watch we wear unless you are in a specific environment that cares for those things. No ill intent behind any of my comments, indirectly I was agreeing with you.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Dial look great, now ZF PPF need to work Hard for clone movement..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I follow you correctly, you want them to clone a movement from which nobody will ever be able to get any replacement part instead of keeping the current one, ( maybe stepping up the engraving & decoration quality (anglage & chaton could be better for example), that have no reliability issue, plenty of available parts and knowledge online

For what purpose exactly ?

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Gen 8;5 in comparison ??????

Behind that cryptic message again, I guess you want to say that they need to reduce the movement thickness to achieve the same thickness as the gen right ?

I don't think it's necessary, they could work on reducing the thickness with this movement

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Dial look great, now ZF PPF need to work Hard for clone movement..

This Gen Dial in you comparison look different model , this’s Gen sample Dial vs PPF Replica
798316f99f95eeeb0081ea694420803d.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Yes its a step up in a rep game. They spent lots of money to replicate a watch CNC, Mould etc.

They have to make money before developing further version. if we want them to stay in a game we should help them by buying a watch from them. by saying this I will pull a trigger for a blue dial after my payday ;)

We are not their key audience. Just a fraction of ppl they sell these to. But I like this one so I will "support" them as well I guess.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
We are not their key audience. Just a fraction of ppl they sell these to. But I like this one so I will "support" them as well I guess.

Who is, then? Luxury replica Chinese market? I'm always curious because I feel like they make batches of 500-1000, so it's a relatively narrow market to begin with. The TDs (for these Nautilus') will ship out in total across the 20 different TDs maybe a few hundred at most.

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
Hahah I stand corrected, I meant superficial.

I just think that to a certain degree we wear certain rep brands or any brands(let's say Rolex or PP) because there is some self gratification that we want whether it's because of the attention that we think we are getting or we just simply feel good about ourselves because we value them, but even the latter is because we feel we are associated with those luxury brands. And going back to what stampsatit said, I was simply saying just be confident in what ever watches you like because as you mentioned no one really cares or even pay attention to what watch we wear unless you are in a specific environment that cares for those things. No ill intent behind any of my comments, indirectly I was agreeing with you.
This is true. I went to our bar association board meeting this week. Most of us present were wearing watches from Rolex, Omega, Panerai, Tommy Hilfiger, Phillip Stein, Orient, Guess, Huawei, Xiaomi and Techno Marine.

No one talked about watches because in my mind no one cared about what watch the other was wearing.

I was the only one who actually paid attention to what the others were wearing, though I did not bother talking about watches. ????

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.

Actually he's correct, gen is left. But that goes to show how good the dial is...

You can tell because the rep has a very very faint white 'outline' around the inside of the date window - what it is, is the visible 'middle section' of the dial thickness from the cutaway in the date window. It is not finished in grey color like the rest of the date window so it sticks out.

gianttg

Renowned Member
11/4/15
Actually he's correct, gen is left. But that goes to show how good the dial is...

You can tell because the rep has a very very faint white 'outline' around the inside of the date window - what it is, is the visible 'middle section' of the dial thickness from the cutaway in the date window. It is not finished in grey color like the rest of the date window so it sticks out.

Thank for correct me.
I see bezel on right is bigger than left.
So the dial on left is gen, how about the case?