• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF VS GEN White Dial (Bonus NEW DW)

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Hello gents,

This is a quick comparation between the white dial Nautilus and PPF. Im waiting for a call from patek about the Blue dial. Once that comes this thread will be repeated.

This are my personal thoughts and should not change your consideration for the watch. To many here the date wheel is ok, to me the date wheel and general font is the first giveaway of a rep. However this is not about the DW, will make the thread about it soon as we now have a dw for the PPF and ZF aquanaut.

Gen on left
Ppf on right
The lume color seems a bit off
More yellow tone compares to gen

VQLWF6.jpg

VQLEZq.jpg

VQLZxG.jpg

Date window:

Gen has a thicker frame

VQLgtf.jpg

VQL8QQ.jpg

The Font on the PPF is thinner than the Gen.

VQLAAo.jpg

VQOVlL.jpg

Same issue on SWISS, but this is very minor tell and maybe not a problem

VQLrMI.jpg

VQLh6p.jpg

The side wall of the Date Window is not painted, but this can be fixed

VQObTR.jpg

VQOI8Q.jpg

Lume is definitely different....

VQO240.jpg

VQOeBs.jpg

VQO0ep.jpg

VQOcqX.jpg

VQOCvf.jpg

BONUS Photo : NEW Date wheel for PPF (please note that the PF dw does not fit the PPF or ZF )

VQOPGF.jpg

A BIG shoot out goes to : Spongebob Scottymagic @BIONONE

Last edited:

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
Amazing job mate. Really appreciate it especially since I just got a new PPF too.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Awesome as usual. Thank you. If only the blue ppf dial was that close! Which dwo fits the ppf?

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Thank you very much, @keylog74!

Couldn’t agree more that the date wheel must be corrected.

You mentioned the date wheel for the ZF Aquanaut. I’m about to order one from Lucy.
Very much looking forward to ordering your date wheel.

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Keylog74 - having looked at the DW site I noticed the PPF DW is 'out of stock'. Will there be any more being put up for sale or is that the end of them now?

EDIT - I just saw your post, we posted at exactly the same time! lol

BIONONE

28/4/17
Awesome Review, Comparison and Bonus in one. THIS is what a forum needs.

I tip my head to you guys to make this possible!
Always a pleasure to participate in such great projects so the community can benefit from it ;)

Looking forward to future projects!

Reactions: vcappp

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Now this is a factual and well put post ! Great job !

Funny how without the gen side by side, you can't see the lume colour difference. It looks perfectly OK on its own on the PPF but side by side with the gen, you can see the yellowish tint (not that this is an issue for me)

The font is also less sharp, their pad printing engraved plate isn't as good as Patek (obviously) resulting in rounded ends on the letters (again, need to see the gen side by side to see it)

Cheers for this post !

Amaiel

Supporter
Certified
27/4/16
Tx for your post, very helpful. Just a question: can the gen dial be mounted on the ppf?

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
Great review...looks like the dw mod will be a must given that it’s available to us...thanks to you. Would be great if we had a modder ready for the lume...not sure if one has had experience on the 5711 specifically.

nautilusluv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/16
The only thing that imo is a real visible flaw is the protruding crown.????????

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The only thing that imo is a real visible flaw is the protruding crown.????????

That and the bezel, I just can't get over the wider look of the brushed area the bezel exhibits. The protruding crown looks as if the watch is in the date change or time setting mode. Hopefully the next version will fix these problems as well as the blue color.

edd312

Known Member
22/5/14
Thanks for the pics, the real issue for me is the text boldness and the crown, I really can't tell much the bezel difference.

Reactions: BlackJaguar