• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I have a blue PF and when I see above YT or YK video link, I can say that the bezel is off.
White is not obvious, but this blue one's bezel is obvious for me.
Gen propotion make the watch look stunning. A few .mm thick is acceptable.

Is the blue-dial version's bezel thicker than the white?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Is the blue-dial version's bezel thicker than the white?

Don’t have the watch in hand, but from my understanding the bezels are equally thick. Only difference is, that you get a different contrast with the white so the bezel doesn’t seem as thick as on the blue.

Reactions: vcappp

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Everyone will have different perspectives, and the video is useful - it doesn't assuage my prior concerns tbh.

hoki

Horology Curious
18/6/13
You do know that it's so small you can barely see it with your naked eyes??

Well, if only this was its only problem (think bezel, wrong color).

I hope PPF v2 is in the making, otherwise I'd personally go for MKF v6 as it is a superior rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: gilrob

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Y U NOT PUT SUNBURST!!!

Honestly? I like the watch, but I think they used exactly the same technique as the white but with blue and thus they forgot to add the sunburst effect that the blue and RG have, and the white does not.

Reactions: csthe

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Y U NOT PUT SUNBURST!!!

Honestly? I like the watch, but I think they used exactly the same technique as the white but with blue and thus they forgot to add the sunburst effect that the blue and RG have, and the white does not.

2y1mim.jpg

Better like that :lol:

Sunburst is hard to capture on pics in a booth (because the light is equally distributed to have almost no shadow and homogeneous lighting) but on the videos I can clearly see a nice sunburst brushing on the dial, your thought on those videos ?
I wouldn't be so afraid of that, but again, we need someone with it in hand to take proper pics

You guys can say what you want, that blue dial is completely off. You can't compare dial colour on rendered photos , real life colours are completely different. Just like the 5167A looks black sunburst in Pateks official photos on their site (rendering) it has a brownish sunburst to it.

The more I see the fat bezel though, the more im turned off by it.

Lucky for some us we didn't compare it to rendered photo, but you can't say that the blue dial is off without seeing real life colours either... right ?

I'm not fussed by the bezel, I would probably not have noticed it if it hadn't been shown and even now, I don't really see it as the proportion breaker, I think they messed up the angle of the chamfering for the polished part of the bezel, a different angle would have "eaten" the few added mm of this bezel, that could be a mod for PPF owners in the future

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
Interesting. There is a more detailed video of the blue version here as well.

All in all a great effort, but the blue dial is somewhat darker than gen and somehow dull. I have a $ 90 DHG Nautilus that has a more vibrant color and a better sunburst effect than this one, which is a shame. Other little things, like the bezel thickness, the slightly different PP logo on the crown, the extended "E" in Geneve, etc. let this otherwise promising rep down. However, kudos to the PPF maker for getting the thickness finally nearly correct.

Still, I may be interested in this one, but will wait to hear the owner experiences first. And, probably I first need to get rid of some of my other 55 reps :D.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Interesting. There is a more detailed video of the blue version here as well.

All in all a great effort, but the blue dial is somewhat darker than gen and somehow dull. I have a $ 90 DHG Nautilus that has a more vibrant color and a better sunburst effect than this one, which is a shame. Other little things, like the bezel thickness, the slightly different PP logo on the crown, the extended "E" in Geneve, etc. let this otherwise promising rep down. However, kudos to the PPF maker for getting the thickness finally nearly correct.

Still, I may be interested in this one, but will wait to hear the owner experiences first. And, probably I first need to get rid of some of my other 55 reps :D.

Interesting video. While I agree, the dial colour doesn't excite me particularly, I must say I can't notice that bezel issue people keep talking about. I think Genta's is such a good design that, even with these minuscule variations, the watch looks like a million bucks. I still have the feeling that once we see the first photos "in the wild" we will have a more nuanced opinion.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Lucky for some us we didn't compare it to rendered photo, but you can't say that the blue dial is off without seeing real life colours either... right ?

I don't know what you're trying to say but it's clear from the first shots on intime, to now it's appearing on other TD's and videos that the blue is nothing like the gen colour. Bezel is still debatable since it really depends on the lens used when doing picture comparisons. We won't really know for sure if it's a "direct tell" until we get the PPF next to a gen.

Dial is however a definite no no from where I'm sitting. White dial version seems on point. Everything else about the watch is gorgeous though. Thickness, engravings, polishing/brushing etc. They've done a really good job. Even hourmarkers are really good compared to other makers. Just a shame with the wrong colour imo..

Like I said we'll see how bad it is when we get one next to a gen.

Reactions: gilrob

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I just ordered a white dial, too impatient to wait for real-world assessment of the blue dial. BTW Soloist I would happily accept the version you got, that difference in the alignment of the 12 markers seems totally minor to me. Is it that they're not perfectly aligned with each other? It's not that they're crooked? I struggled to see it at first, but seems like that's also the case in the dealer's photos also.