• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Been away for the day and I'm happy to see everyone well behaved on this release even though the blue dial isn't what most of the people were waiting for ! Props on you guys ! :applause:

I think the issue has been outlined here : we all have different expectations ! People love the greenish/gray/blue dial because of it's really unique colour, a bit like those cars that sometimes you can see in the street, you don't necessarily like the model, but the unique colour tone is really something else.

I'm not obsessed with that type of dial, but I do find it really special and wouldn't say no to a PPF/MK/PF body with that BP dial that was the closest (to me) to this colour.

I think they nailed the hands, marker, text and piano pattern on this PPF blue, I enjoy a tall datewheel more than a slightly bolder but with less height. It doesn't strike me as an issue on the TD pic

On the colour, I'm personally not impressed because it seems, in those lighting conditions (not always flattering for complicated colours) that it's a bit too dark, but some real pic could prove us wrong
Perhaps they wanted to get the blue dial out quick to benefit from the promo made around their white dial

There are only 3 different gen Nautilus 5711 blue dials not including 5711/1p 40th anniversary but that dial is extreamly similar in color to 5711 pre 2016 which is vivid blue - it doesn’t have any gray hue - it’s slightly on purple side in half light.

There's more than that, they are just not advertised as being out, but I can assure you, there's more than 3 colors of blue dial

Complimenting Glaude is against forum rules; you're going to have to leave I'm afraid.

They are sort of Patek cufflinks. He made me buy some too. He thinks they're excellent quality, I think they're ok quality. The ones we got are the last choice, the furthest right picture here. Credit to Glaude for finding them.

He's right, you can't compliment me, it's a straight trip to the brig if you do ... he knows about it ! :D

I wasn't expecting good quality and was pleasantly surprised, what the roasted tomato head mean is that they aren't close from the gen one at all, but still compliment the watch very well !

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I looked at a bunch of Instagram and eBay shots of the 5711 blue dial, and the PPF looks way off. As an example, here's a shot of my MKF V6 next to a gen dial on eBay.

VJxLVb.png

Reactions: vcappp and gilrob

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I looked at a bunch of Instagram and eBay shots of the 5711 blue dial, and the PPF looks way off. As an example, here's a shot of my MKF V6 next to a gen dial on eBay.

VJxLVb.png

Don’t compare ppf to pre-2017 5711 dials - totally different color. But we need to see more pics of ppf .
on some pics color looks great on other it’s off. It could be lighting.

Reactions: vcappp

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
^i wouldn’t bother comparing any gen vs rep pictures, given the number of gen variants and the bad TD lighting pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

The MKF looks close to the gen is what I was articulating as others have in many other threads.

I believe in this part of the thread, members are trying to see if the blue dial PPF is similar to gen as the MKF is of the pre-2018 dial. We start comparisons with pics until someone has a gen and a rep to take pics of each in the same light which doesnt always happen...

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
The MKF looks close to the gen is what I was articulating as others have in many other threads.

I believe in this part of the thread, members are trying to see if the blue dial PPF is similar to gen as the MKF is of the pre-2018 dial. We start comparisons with pics until someone has a gen and a rep to take pics of each in the same light which doesnt always happen...

Not even close, the closest one with the colour is the one from v6f, but the pattern is wrong.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Uncool to put a picture of a gen above that text...

Maybe if someone has a good enough relationship with Ryan he can ask him to take pictures in natural light since he seems to be the only TD with the watch on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odonreps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
medium800.jpg

Would the 12 oclock misalign bothter you, should I reject QC?>

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
medium800.jpg

Would the 12 oclock misalign bothter you, should I reject QC?>

Just get a modder to realign. Honestly think it’s crazy that the guys that assemble these look at that and think it’s acceptable. How hard is it?