• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

shedlock2000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/16
ZIFWx4.jpg

This are my QC - sometimes the 30 looks good, sometimes missaligned.

I see your slight issue, but mine is much more pronounced:

13bcf186d0c893aad66f42d771e642c0.jpg

There’s no movement in the bezel at all, so I can’t adjust it by pushing the bezel to one side. I’ve spun the bezel several times to ‘centre it’, but that hasn’t worked either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I see your slight issue, but mine is much more pronounced:

There’s no movement in the bezel at all, so I can’t adjust it by pushing the bezel to one side. I’ve spun the bezel several times to ‘centre it’, but that hasn’t worked either.

What you also could try is, to open the caseback unscrew the tabs a bit holding the Movement (screw crown out before) and try to move the complete Movement including Dial a bit in the way you stay fix at 12 and turn and 6 O clock a bit to to get better alignement.

you know how i mean? maybe it could also do tje Trick. Probably not 100% but acceptable maybe

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Good to know! I’ll try and pick up a broad spectrum LED. So I need something below 400nm? Is this true for gen, do you know?

I would tend to believe this as nothing to do with the rep or gen rather simply with how lume work, but I'm not a lume expert, there can be different material used to make luminous powder, some might be more or less sensitive.
Anything producing "daylight" spectrum will work to charge it

any news on the Titanium mesh bracelet version? last month I saw an Ad on aliexpress claiming to sell only the Mesh bracelet but in titanium...but I don't know if that was legit though

I would be surprised if we see any other new version of this rep, titanium can be a pain to machine properly and even more in that type of mesh pattern, given how the gen struggled with the bracelet and welds, I don't think it's on the factory agenda, but I could be wrong, I would not hold off from purchasing the current version in the hope that a new one will surface quickly after.

Just to add to the lot of observation : my rotor is noisy too ; my bezel is perfectly aligned and as shown in the picture above, don't forget that the crystal is domed at the edge, so depending on the angle, it can be the dial marker that appear to be off center when they are not in reality

shedlock2000

18/7/16
I would be surprised if we see any other new version of this rep, titanium can be a pain to machine properly and even more in that type of mesh pattern, given how the gen struggled with the bracelet and welds, I don't think it's on the factory agenda, but I could be wrong, I would not hold off from purchasing the current version in the hope that a new one will surface quickly after.

Agreed. [mention]jcagara08 [/mention]just to let you know that I am fussy about mismatched colours (the lack of matching bracelet is one reason I’m moving on my gen Bremont), but there’s something about the stainless mesh that makes it a surprising match to the case colour. It might be the shadow of the links, but it’s really not far off — even in good light.

I’m assuming that the noisy rotor could be quietened down with a service. I’ve run mine for 24 hours and it’s 8spd out — the figure the timeograph indicated in the QC photos. That’s too far out of regulation for me, so if I keep it (and I’m warming to the piece), I think it’ll have to be serviced. I’ll know if I can keep it if it puts up with the first manual labour job I do with it on.

Reactions: jcagara08

shedlock2000

18/7/16
A rare thing happened this morning, and it’s worth recording on the thread: I was actually able to charge the lume naturally!

d7159f9867a4281587103376c0889578.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrasher

DonnyDB10

1/4/20
Which version is currently the best one to purchase in regards to accuracy & authenticity?

MattaM

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/12/20
It’s both. I charged the lume last night as best I could. It wasn’t bright when I went to bed, but it did glow. I can say that it stayed visible right until this morning (with difficulty), but it wasn’t as bright as I’d have preferred when going to sleep and was difficult to see without the eyes being adjusted to the darkness.

I wonder if the gen's have the similar issues? I know anytime an artificial patina is added to lume it results in a dimmer effect/difficulty charging. I have an Oris D65 with artificially patina'd lume and its very very dull.

shedlock2000

18/7/16
I wonder if the gen's have the similar issues? I know anytime an artificial patina is added to lume it results in a dimmer effect/difficulty charging. I have an Oris D65 with artificially patina'd lume and its very very dull.

That’s an interesting question — can you help us [mention]Mr burgundy [/mention]? It’s seems a bit odd that the gens would require so much light — my Bremont has vintage lume, and it picks up light from any source and is visible almost instantly (though it doesn’t last as long as the NTTD).

Just for your curiosity, the watch is running +2spd over 36 hours.

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
It’s both. I charged the lume last night as best I could. It wasn’t bright when I went to bed, but it did glow. I can say that it stayed visible right until this morning (with difficulty), but it wasn’t as bright as I’d have preferred when going to sleep and was difficult to see without the eyes being adjusted to the darkness.

I picked up a UV light and I use it to charge the lume on my watches (mainly for fun), but worth a try: https://www.amazon.ca/Fenix-Penlight-LumenTac-Battery-Organizer/dp/B07G2P7QTD

I find that if I charge my NTTD, it’ll glow brightly for maybe around 15-30 mins and then after that it’s just steadily visible to night adjusted eyes until morning.

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
I am guessing that the dull lume is a design feature to compliment the Vintage aspired aesthetic that the designers were going for.

I don’t think nuclear lume would look right on a retro Brown dial with patina coloured markers. Just my opinion

It's not dull on the gen though.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
It's not dull on the gen though.

Yes but the lume texture on these vintage inspired omegas is grainy in texture and therefore it reflects/scatters light in all directions and thus it’s not going to shine as bright as smooth applied Lume (which reflects light like a mirror).

I agree gen is not dull tho. That’s just the word some members used above.

but you’ve had both rep and gen side by side so I trust your experience. However in my experience with my old gen non-spectre lume, grainy lume is grainy lume, jt ain’t gonna compete with thick smooth seiko lume. Not that it matters to me ????

Reactions: Jayalvin777

jollyroger

9/6/10
They need to do a V5 for sure by the sounds of it, I would buy a fully sorted one straight away

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
They need to do a V5 for sure by the sounds of it, I would buy a fully sorted one straight away

they need olso making money, and sell thousands pieces, no marketing no money, i just forget this watch at the moment maybe v9 or v10 near genuine.

Reactions: RobSe1

freefallrlc

21/6/15
They know there is demand for a titanium bracelet and V5. But the more versions they release, the less people will buy the new ones. I guess by now almost everyone who is interested in the NTTD, already bought one. If there was still a V5, only a few hard-core fans would buy it. Much less than the V2 or 3. So the development costs of a titanium bracelet might not cover orders. And they seem to struggle with the material and pattern. I wouldn't be surprised if the V4 is the last one we'll see. But let's hope my feeling is wrong :)

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
They know there is demand for a titanium bracelet and V5. But the more versions they release, the less people will buy the new ones. I guess by now almost everyone who is interested in the NTTD, already bought one. If there was still a V5, only a few hard-core fans would buy it. Much less than the V2 or 3. So the development costs of a titanium bracelet might not cover orders. And they seem to struggle with the material and pattern. I wouldn't be surprised if the V4 is the last one we'll see. But let's hope my feeling is wrong :)

agree and tbh if they ever release a V5 with ti bracelet i would Purchase the bracelet seperatly. V3/4 is good to go

freefallrlc

21/6/15
agree and tbh if they ever release a V5 with ti bracelet i would Purchase the bracelet seperatly. V3/4 is good to go

Agree, the watch itself is fine already. Although I never had the chance to see the Gen and compare. The bezel insert brown tone and the text size might still not be perfect