• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Bonestorm19

Known Member
27/1/20
CANADA
Maybe it's me, but I can't see the big deal about wearing it to the movie, it's in the dark, I can understand showing it up against posters of the film and things like that. But on a very serious note, these watches look real, I would be wary about flashing a 8k Omega round in a cinema foyer, or food place. you don't want to catch the "wrong person's eye" Sorry folks but the world is not as it used to be and now with people wearing masks it makes it a lot easier for the Baddies to do stuff, think like 007 !!

We will just have to act like James bond and kick some ass with fancy gadgets.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Maybe it's me, but I can't see the big deal about wearing it to the movie, it's in the dark, I can understand showing it up against posters of the film and things like that. But on a very serious note, these watches look real, I would be wary about flashing a 8k Omega round in a cinema foyer, or food place. you don't want to catch the "wrong person's eye" Sorry folks but the world is not as it used to be and now with people wearing masks it makes it a lot easier for the Baddies to do stuff, think like 007 !!

Rubbish. Not here in Singapore and I'm sure other modern countries are just as similar. I've been wearing my gen or rep Omega's everywhere be it cinemas or the night market, local or overseas. Nobody bats an eyelid. Plus there are many others here in Singapore wearing Rolex or Panerais. Mainly Sub or the GMT when it comes to the Rolex. Probably a mixture of rep and gens but hard to say of course. They're a very common sight. I've come across very few people wearing Omega's in the wild tbh.

But to be worrying like you are, what's the point of buying watches gen or rep if you're afraid to wear them? You are not the first person I know that is paranoid of such stuff. Wear long sleeves and hide the watch under the sleeves if you feel insecure.

And wearing the same or similar watch with the one in the movie is for our own pleasure. Not to show or flash around to others and say "Hey I'm wearing the same watch." There's just that special feeling to be wearing the same watch whilst watching the movie knowing the protagonist is wearing it as well.

PS, I'm wearing my gen Aqua Terra, walking home alone in the evening as I'm typing this..

50235773358_61bd61dd42_b.jpg

Last edited:

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Rubbish. Not here in Singapore and I'm sure other modern countries are just as similar. I've been wearing my gen or rep Omega's everywhere be it cinemas or the night market, local or overseas. Nobody bats an eyelid. Plus there are many others here in Singapore wearing Rolex models, mainly Sub or the GMT. I've come across very few people wearing Omega's in the wild. But worrying like you are, what's the point of buying watches gen or rep if you're afraid to wear them? You are not the first person I know that is paranoid of such stuff. Wear long sleeves and hide the watch under the sleeves if you feel insecure.

And wearing the same or similar watch with the one in the movie is for our own pleasure. Not to show or flash around to others and say "Hey I'm wearing the same watch." There's just that special feeling to be wearing the same watch whilst watching the movie knowing the protagonist is wearing it as well.

PS, I'm wearing my gen Aqua Terra, walking home alone in the evening as I'm typing this..

50235773358_61bd61dd42_b.jpg

Well you are very lucky take a walk round London day or night, or many other countries, it's not being paranoid, its being sensible to the circumstances which you are in, as for Singapore was posted there for a little while, my god it is hot there, and there are lots of streets I would be very wary, are the small flats still around?. But that's up to you, but as you don't know London where I do, don't say it's rubbish, what part of Singapore are you based? lots of very rich areas lots of very nice golf courses !!

Reactions: fuzzmex and leo6929

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Well you are very lucky take a walk round London day or night, or many other countries, it's not being paranoid, its being sensible to the circumstances which you are in, as for Singapore was posted there for a little while, my god it is hot there, and there are lots of streets I would be very wary, are the small flats still around?. But that's up to you, but as you don't know London where I do, don't say it's rubbish, what part of Singapore are you based? lots of very rich areas lots of very nice golf courses !!

Born and bred here. Currently living in the east side of the island. I do know for a fact that Singapore is very safe and its definitely safe for us watch wearers. Wear a watch without fear of being mugged. There are a few Singaporeans here in this forum too who I'm sure will say the same thing. Just today during my day out i came across a few Rolex wearers. In the train and in the mall. So luxury watch wearing isn't an issue here in Singapore no matter where you're at on this island.

And I did walk around London late at night on my own wearing my gen SMP a few years ago. Walked around and ended up in Vauxhall and took a pic of the MI6 building with my watch. Maybe I was lucky. Then again it was winter and my watch was tucked hidden inside my jacket sleeve.

Last edited:

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
But that's up to you, but as you don't know London where I do, don't say it's rubbish

I 100% agree with being sensible. I’ve travelled widely, and there are places I’d be cautious about ‘flashing’ watches, or anything of value etc.. However, as someone that was born & lived in London (north and south of the river/ Brixton/ Balham/ Clapham/ Bethnal Green/ Hackney (when it was troubled), I feel like you’re painting it in a bad light. I haven’t lived in London for about 10 years, but I travel in and out regularly for work, and live very close. Over the past 10 years, I’ve lived in the North, South, East and West of England, and would not consider London any different from other UK cities in terms of security.

Reactions: Seamusflood

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Born and bred here. Currently living in the east side of the island. I do know for a fact that Singapore is very safe and its definitely safe for us watch wearers. Wear a watch without fear of being mugged. There are a few Singaporeans here in this forum too who I'm sure will say the same thing. Just today during my day out i came across a few Rolex wearers. In the train and in the mall. So luxury watch wearing isn't an issue here in Singapore no matter where you're at on this island.

And I did walk around London late at night on my own wearing my gen SMP a few years ago. Walked around and ended up in Vauxhall and took a pic of the MI6 building with my watch. Maybe I was lucky. Then again it was winter and my watch was tucked hidden inside my jacket sleeve.

sent you a PM "your eyes only" !!

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
I always used to think Bond obsessives were a bit twattish.

Eyes Only, is used in high clas documents and emails, a lot of Bond is based on Truth, have you heard of Ian Fleming ? read his life-story, and if you think Bond obsessives are twats, I am sure people on here are very impressed with that comment, as they like you spent $450 on a Rep Bond watch, anyway I love Bond, been to London Premier's, Going to Piz Gloria was heaven, some of my best memories of my dear departed Dad was watching 007 films, and if that's being a bit "twattish" I don't give a dam, Bond is worshipped all over the planet and like so many on here, I can't wait till the film comes out , Goodnight, oops Bond reference

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
But on a very serious note, these watches look real, I would be wary about flashing a 8k Omega round in a cinema foyer, or food place. you don't want to catch the "wrong person's eye"

That's the one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard :rofl: You know watches are made to be worn, not just to be displayed on a shelf or in a safe, right? And by "worn", I don't just mean only worn around the house. If everyone was too scared to actually wear luxury watch brands out and about, I'm sure manufacturers would've gone out of business ages ago.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
That's the one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard :rofl: You know watches are made to be worn, not just to be displayed on a shelf or in a safe, right? And by "worn", I don't just mean only worn around the house. If everyone was too scared to actually wear luxury watch brands out and about, I'm sure manufacturers would've gone out of business ages ago.

My point exactly. But i understand where some of the fear is coming from. But it's all in the mentality I guess. Unless you are wearing a loud, gold, blinged out watch with diamonds of all kinds on it, then a majority of the people out there won't even notice the watch you are wearing.

jpchub

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Cape Town
In my country theres a syndicate that target only Rolex watches. They are nick named the Rolex gang. They operate mostly in Johannesburg. People have been killed for their Rolex watches. One guy actually lost his life for a Steinhart mistaken for a Rolex.

Reactions: fuzzmex and leo6929

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Where I live it is Rolex that can make you a target.
It certainly isn't necessarily rubbish.
Rolex is the only universally recognized luxury brand and liked by criminals for its value and its 'flex factor'.
I happen to dislike the brand, but certainly wouldn't wear a Rolex - rep or gen - going out at night.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
People like this brings shame to our community.... Yet another fella showing what looks to be the NTTD V3 replica and passing it off as the genuine. Surprised no one on YouTube spotted it and commented on it other than myself. Just say its a replica and stop lying to yourself or others watching. Good grief :picard:​​​​​​

Last edited:
Reactions: Wgrabes