• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

ThePlayboy

Known Member
14/1/14
Does it? why spend $450 on a rep, when you have the real thing, in the UK there is at least 10 weeks till the watch is in the shops, and you are talking about the top shops in Oxford Street

They are available both in Germany and in France (Cannes), but the version with bracelet was sold out, so I bought the nato version and 2 weeks later the titanium separate.

I ordered the rep because I wanted to try it on first, I have never owned an Omega before, and tbh it‘s not my favourite brand, but this watch is different, I love it. I‘m wearing it all the time. I just tried the gen bracelet on the rep, but it‘s now back on the gen, and I will sell the rep to a friend.

Reactions: leo6929

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Does it? why spend $450 on a rep, when you have the real thing, in the UK there is at least 10 weeks till the watch is in the shops, and you are talking about the top shops in Oxford Street

It explains how he got the gen mesh. Nothing wrong with getting the rep if you have the gen. Probably just curious or just to compare. Another user here, MrBurgundy, he bought the rep too and compared it with his gen, posted various pics of them side by side here which was very informative, which also clearly showed how good the rep looks when seen with the gen.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Titanium mesh should be coming out soon: Trusty has lowered the price on the v3 to push out stock

Reactions: Carrick1

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
Yeah I'm curious too. I actually emailed Omega a few weeks back to inquire on its price and they said they don't sell the titanium mesh separately. Well maybe to owners of the watch. But definitely not the mesh on its own just like that unless you have proof of the watch.

When I bought the bracelet for my gen from the local OB, I did it over the phone (it was posted to me) and didn't even mention I already had the watch on the nato. I didn't need to provide a single bit of evidence I owned the watch. So I guess it just depends on who you talk to at Omega.

Reactions: leo6929

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
The VSF V3 steel mesh on its own is $128 at Perfect Clones. I wonder how much a VSF titanium mesh would cost. If they were to do it that is :thinking:

Last edited:

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
When I bought the bracelet for my gen from the local OB, I did it over the phone (it was posted to me) and didn't even mention I already had the watch on the nato. I didn't need to provide a single bit of evidence I owned the watch. So I guess it just depends on who you talk to at Omega.

Thats good to know Mr B! Im completely fine with ferrari rims on this honda, since its a very fine looking honda lol.

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
They are available both in Germany and in France (Cannes), but the version with bracelet was sold out, so I bought the nato version and 2 weeks later the titanium separate.

I ordered the rep because I wanted to try it on first, I have never owned an Omega before, and tbh it‘s not my favourite brand, but this watch is different, I love it. I‘m wearing it all the time. I just tried the gen bracelet on the rep, but it‘s now back on the gen, and I will sell the rep to a friend.

Interesting that's it out in France and Germany but not the UK, for 3 months is a bit nuts !! oh wait now what is maybe happening in November :)

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Came across this pic. The Omega titanium mesh sealed separately for sale...

50187260811_13dfe2fefd_b.jpg

Reactions: DonnyDB10

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
But damn you basically just put Ferrari rims onto a Honda.

I know what you mean, but it doesn’t quite describe what’s going on here. If this were a quartz cheapie & nothing like the gen watch, then that might be the perfect analogy. I think one that is maybe slightly more fitting would be a (very good) Ferrari rep with gen wheels. We’ve all seen the (slightly hilarious) Ferrari kits out there, but I’m thinking the rep industry is often a bit more like one or two racing Ferrari’s that I’ve seen. They often use real Ferrari engines and wheels. The chassis and body work is all made recently. They are accurate beyond belief. They hold a fraction of the value of a gen 1960s Ferrari, but they drive the same/ feel very similar, and look (often) identical. Thinking about it, my analogy isn’t right either (except maybe for very high end frankens). I can totally get why many on the forum own gens and reps (sometimes of the same model). I’d be worried about scratching the gen version of this watch.

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
I know what you mean, but it doesn’t quite describe what’s going on here. If this were a quartz cheapie & nothing like the gen watch, then that might be the perfect analogy. I think one that is maybe slightly more fitting would be a (very good) Ferrari rep with gen wheels. We’ve all seen the (slightly hilarious) Ferrari kits out there, but I’m thinking the rep industry is often a bit more like one or two racing Ferrari’s that I’ve seen. They often use real Ferrari engines and wheels. The chassis and body work is all made recently. They are accurate beyond belief. They hold a fraction of the value of a gen 1960s Ferrari, but they drive the same/ feel very similar, and look (often) identical. Thinking about it, my analogy isn’t right either (except maybe for very high end frankens). I can totally get why many on the forum own gens and reps (sometimes of the same model). I’d be worried about scratching the gen version of this watch.

I prefer Mustang's but that's another story, mind you the 1st Mustang seem in a certain film in 64, made no headlines as the Aston caused a bit of a stir, but back on topic. paying nearly 8k for a watch you are scared to wear? I can understand if its not safe to wear about town or on the underground (trains in London) I used to wear my CR but now only wear my reps. One major issue I have about this watch and getting the genuine one, is its resale value, the CR and the 40th Seamaster over the past 5 years have doubled and more in price, I got a few 2nd hand but now they are crazy prices. Is this because there are not many about, where his one could be made for 4 years, who knows, flood the market, resale value very poor. Omega want to make money and taking the limited edition off, could double treble there previous sales of Bond watches, you might not care about the resale value, but who knows what the future could hold, look at the last 6 months :-(. if a great rep comes out I will buy, but will keep my eyes on the 2nd hand market, as there could be watches going a lot cheaper then they are new

Last edited:

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
I prefer Mustang's but that's another story, mind you the 1st Mustang seem in a certain film in 64, made no headlines as the Aston caused a bit of a stir, but back on topic. paying nearly 8k for a watch you are scared to wear? I can understand if its not safe to wear about town or on the underground (trains in London) I used to wear my CR but now only wear my reps. One major issue I have about this watch and getting the genuine one, is its resale value, the CR and the 40th Seamaster over the past 5 years have doubled and more in price, I got a few 2nd hand but now they are crazy prices. Is this because there are not many about, where his one could be made for 4 years, who knows, flood the market, resale value very poor. Omega want to make money and taking the limited edition off, could double treble there previous sales of Bond watches, you might not care about the resale value, but who knows what the future could hold, look at the last 6 months :-(. if a great rep comes out I will buy, but will keep my eyes on the 2nd hand market, as there could be watches going a lot cheaper then they are new

Years ago I was at Goodwood/ met a guy that raced a gen Jag D Type. The year before he was there he rolled it & nearly killed himself. He had it rebuilt (with the addition of a roll hoop that he hated) for £2,000,000. He was literally throwing it around like it was worth nothing, as were the other drivers of 1950s Ferrari’s/ Aston’s etc. For me, £8k on a watch would mean that I’d be afraid to scratch it, but for some it would be a small investment in a tool watch. Like you say I’m sure the resale of the gen market may fluctuate, and there might be some bargains to be had, but I’m not sure it will be as sound an investment as other watches might be (at £8k). It’s a very nice watch though, and the rep is a very good (visual) representation of it.

DonnyDB10

Getting To Know The Place
1/4/20
What’s the story on titanium scratching easier than SS? Anyone having issues with scratches thus far?

Reactions: Blitza

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
What’s the story on titanium scratching easier than SS? Anyone having issues with scratches thus far?

Ive Read the scratches get filled up with titanium oxide.
It does seem to be easier to scratch compared to steel, tho its 30% stronger.. but im not a mettalurgist

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone

You asked the same question at Omega Forums didn't you? ;)​​​​​​

I can't say for the gen, but on my rep which I've worn almost daily, it has no scratches yet. Of course it purely depends on how you wear the watch. If you are the type that abuse and bang your watches into walls or desks etc with it, then yes, I'm sure you'll start getting obvious scratches around the bezel, crown or lugs. Scratches would definitely be more obvious on this than on a brushed stainless steel.

Last edited:

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
A little note on the power reserve on V3 for people here,

I had the watch off my wrist for about 36 hours at the weekend, still going when I picked it up and kept good time.

Interested to know others' experience with the reserve.. I have a feeling Mr Burgundy did a side-by-side power reserve test with Gen but don't have time to find it!

freefallrlc

21/6/15
A little note on the power reserve on V3 for people here,

I had the watch off my wrist for about 36 hours at the weekend, still going when I picked it up and kept good time.

Interested to know others' experience with the reserve.. I have a feeling Mr Burgundy did a side-by-side power reserve test with Gen but don't have time to find it!

I think the movemement is the same in V2 and 3. But you seem to have a very good one there. Mine survives, fully wound, below 30h

Reactions: Take5

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
Got my V3 yesterday. It's a spectacular watch and you can see the brownish hues on the dial and bezel straight away. To get the full effect of just how dynamic it is you want as much sunlight as possible. The bracelet is great and would be even better with a more close-to the-gen weave and titanium material and I have no issues with a dodgy or loose case-back, no issues with the bezel and nor is it noisy. I give this a 9/10. OTOH there's no way in hell I'd pay north of 7 grand for this. It's a really nice watch but not THAT nice to be spending above the bracket of 7K for it. People can obviously spend their money on whatever they want but personally, if you're going to spend north of 7K on a watch, you're better off buying a Rolex Sub or something else that's actually price-appropriate.

Last edited:

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
OTOH there's no way in hell I'd pay north of 7 grand for this. It's a really nice watch but not THAT nice to be spending above the bracket of 7K for it. People can obviously spend their money on whatever they want but personally, if you're going to spend north of 7K on a watch, you're better off buying a Rolex Sub or something else that's actually price-appropriate.

Nice purchase. This is a great watch. It will be interesting to see what happens when the film hits-I would predict a whole host of homage watches coming to the surface for those that are less in the know than rep collectors. Some will probably use the same case, but a sterile dial etc. (Think these are already selling, but spot that to increase on release of the film). That may also push the TI bracelet forward, as the manufacturers will be able to sell tons of sterile versions.

‘Price appropriate’ is a strange term.
If you’re talking about investment, then I agree...the real deal Omega *might* be a more volatile investment than spending 7k on a Rolex.

Not in defence of any brand, but it doesn’t cost those big manufacturers anywhere near 7k to manufacture a watch. I’m sure two people could debate all day how much better value an Omega is than a Rolex, and vice versa. There are huge (and I mean gigantic) amounts of money to be made in the high end watch market. Hence why they can spend loads on advertising/ product placement (in films ;)), ADs etc. and still make a large (on paper) profit. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with making a massive profit-loads of money goes into R&D and things like Rolex’s deep sea ‘experiments’/ charities etc.

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
Thanks, the NTTD is a great watch, the best SMP Omega have created imo.

I agree. No watch on this planet is worth thousands. The cost of production is significantly less but in terms of investment which I should have been a lot clearer on, your Pateks, Rolexs etc make more sense to dish out on that sort of money. Omega doesn't have the investment or currency value like the aforementioned. Still, Omega make nice watches and I prefer a lot of their models over others but speaking for myself, I'd never pay more than 5K for an Omega.

Reactions: deadpan

Lawny

23/7/19
UK

I emailed Omega to see if they would sell me the titanium mesh bracelet. They never asked me for a serial number or proof of ownership but the price was £1130!!