• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
That's not a V3 bracelet. Obvious pattern difference on the mesh. Not to mention its thickness. That's a gen. I wish the V3 bracelet looked like that LOL

This is the V3 bracelet:

​​​​​

Thought it looked too good but wasn't sure if the watch was gen. I can't see the dip in the caseline behind the He valve but perhaps it's hidden by the shadow, or perhaps someone's wearing a watch on a bracelet that costs 2x the price!

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
The most comfortable watch I ever owned.

Thought it looked too good but wasn't sure if the watch was gen. I can't see the dip in the caseline behind the He valve but perhaps it's hidden by the shadow, or perhaps someone's wearing a watch on a bracelet that costs 2x the price!

It's there. Just the angle hiding that gap. Even the bezel markings shows its a gen. The V3 bezel markings are slightly thicker than the gen and a bit more closer to the edge of the bezel compared to the gen. ​​​​​​

50197346032_7e317f6c35_b.jpg

That's how close these reps are now i guess. Someone shows a gen and we think its a rep. Or vice versa.

Last edited:

Mrpong

15/9/19
Trustytime reduces the V3 price to $408. Does it imply that V4 is coming?
bhbn5.jpg

​​​

Last edited:

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
It's there. Just the angle hiding that gap. Even the bezel markings shows its a gen. The V3 bezel markings are slightly thicker than the gen and a bit more closer to the edge of the bezel compared to the gen. ​​​​​​

50197346032_7e317f6c35_b.jpg

That's how close these reps are now i guess. Someone shows a gen and we think its a rep. Or vice versa.

Interesting, so on this basis the image below is ...? Answers please

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Honestly it seems that we have got to a place with these high quality reps where camera processing, lens distortion and apeture as well as lighting plays a bigger role than any actual micro flaw.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Interesting, so on this basis the image below is ...? Answers please
[
That's a rep. But without seeing the rest of the watch, a close up on just one part is difficult to be certain. That's how good the rep is now. But one thing is for sure, that one from ThePlayboy is indeed a gen. Maybe he ought to chime in since he's been quiet since posting that pic of his gen :p

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
That's a rep. But without seeing the rest of the watch, a close up on just one part is difficult to be certain. That's how good the rep is now. But one thing is for sure, that one from ThePlayboy is indeed a gen. Maybe he ought to chime in since he's been quiet since posting that pic of his gen :p

Indeed! Well I can tell you my photo was a V3 because it’s mine. But note there is more gen-like spcingbetween numbers and edge of bezel inlay.

Wonder if the did a V3.5?

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Indeed! Well I can tell you my photo was a V3 because it’s mine. But note there is more gen-like spcingbetween numbers and edge of bezel inlay.

Spacing probably varies between the V3 reps, thus the inconsistency. Unless VSF made the later batches of the V3 with better spacing on the later ones like yours, unofficially the 3.5. Interesting indeed :thinking:

ThePlayboy

Known Member
14/1/14

It‘s a V3 on a gen bracelet ;-)

Reactions: BOSSK

freefallrlc

21/6/15
It‘s a V3 on a gen bracelet ;-)

How did you manage to get hands on the gen bracelet from Omega? I thought they would only sell to people who own a certified Gen of the watch? How much did you pay, if I may ask?
Kinda crazy to think about paying over 1000 EUR for the bracelet and less than a third for the Rep watch :D

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
How did you manage to get hands on the gen bracelet from Omega? I thought they would only sell to people who own a certified Gen of the watch? How much did you pay, if I may ask?
Kinda crazy to think about paying over 1000 EUR for the bracelet and less than a third for the Rep watch :D

Yeah I'm curious too. I actually emailed Omega a few weeks back to inquire on its price and they said they don't sell the titanium mesh separately. Well maybe to owners of the watch. But definitely not the mesh on its own just like that unless you have proof of the watch.

Even though the thought has crossed my mind every now and then to get the gen mesh, but due to its high price, I'd rather spend the money on a gen PO that I plan on getting than putting on a gen mesh on a $400 rep tbh.

DonnyDB10

Getting To Know The Place
1/4/20
I got in touch with an AD in NYC & they said they will be selling the titanium band separately, but it won’t be available for a couple months.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Seriously though, if they do end up selling the titanium mesh separately which I think they will somewhere down the road, it's a lot to consider if you take in the price of it. Maybe it's fine if one were to get it for their gen Omega, but kinda odd to mix it with a $400 rep even if the rep case alone looks just as good as the gen. Then again no one would know except for the wearer. Honda with Ferrari rims analogy I brought up earlier comes to mind though. But no doubt it'd be awesome to actually have the gen mesh. Its really conflicting tbh LOL.

Reactions: leo6929

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Ah of course you do. That certainly explains it.

Does it? why spend $450 on a rep, when you have the real thing, in the UK there is at least 10 weeks till the watch is in the shops, and you are talking about the top shops in Oxford Street