• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob LMLE PO 42mm

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
Probably because of the angle the pic is taken. Look at the datewheel. Why cant they take the pics from straight above?? I mean, its so simple!

Absolutely nuthin' to do with the angle (although that would be nice). The markers are both tilted and offset.

nauticatom

Supporter
Certified
23/11/12
This is an absolute bummer... I was totally looking forward to getting this watch ordered. Maybe noob should stick to PAMs, that or spend less time on the caseback, and get the front fixed :) Cant believe this got super rep status with PT after all of these issues.... For those in this hobby longer, do they fix this stuff mid stream, without releasing a "v2", or is the whole batch no good?

D

d4m.test

For those in this hobby longer, do they fix this stuff mid stream, without releasing a "v2", or is the whole batch no good?

Depends on the issue. I've seen some stuff fixed without notice almost immediately if it's easy, but most of the time it's a wait for a new version.

This one is obvious though, so you might see a lot of straightened markers with scratched dials. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Well, if they will release a new version, think not many people will buy it. They will write something like: "Best 1:1 version, more than year of manufacturing! Correct 12 o'clock marker! No tilting!" And it will cost not 298, it will cost about 350, and if they decide to make only Swiss, it will be fail. They just need to make them straight, is it too hard???

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
If you want a Gen watch buy one!! I am getting this baby and will it be perfect? NOPE!!

but then the journey begins!! For me it about what will it cost to get close. If you get close for under 1K mission accomplished. This watch is BAD ASS in person

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
This one is obvious though, so you might see a lot of straightened markers with scratched dials. ;)

+1, we'll have batch 2 which has partly fixed dials, batch 3 looking fixed but is really just batch 1 recycled and coming back around again full of scratches/smudges etc, batch 4 probably back to normal but could take 6 weeks or more to get to that point.

Glad I held off for a while.

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
Angus said the markers are off because of the glossy dial and difficulty to glue the markers on without them shifting.

doubleohseven

8/11/12
does anybody know what material the bezel insert is made of on the lmpo? and is the "polished" surface really polished, or is it transparent paint that get easily scratched off and get messy?

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
does anybody know what material the bezel insert is made of on the lmpo? and is the "polished" surface really polished, or is it transparent paint that get easily scratched off and get messy?

On this level it is really polished. Don't know about the insert BTW

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Angus said the markers are off because of the glossy dial and difficulty to glue the markers on without them shifting.

Well this sucks, hopefully they will get this resolved, because this was going to be a killer rep right out of the box.

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Those QC pics showing correctly aligned 12: they all look like the number 1 is a tad taller than the number 2! Maybe the guys at the factories tried to conceal the taller 1 by inclining it...

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL

It sounds BS to me. Markers on dials are usually fit into tiny holes that serve as guides to correct placement; glue is applied only to secure the markers in place. I suppose these guiding holes were drilled off position on the dial blankets.

NedtheHead

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/12
Was just looking on intime's site, and came across pictures of the caseback. For whatever reason, this one looks more gen-like. Looks filled in to me, or maybe it is the light. What do you think?

(first pic is original from puretime that was posted here, second is from intime, I rotated it to get a closer angle)

OMG2013071001-19_enl.jpg

1207-8645-thickbox.jpg

Omegaseamaster22230422001001liquidme.jpg

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
Was just looking on intime's site, and came across pictures of the caseback. For whatever reason, this one looks more gen-like. Looks filled in to me, or maybe it is the light. What do you think?

(first pic is original from puretime that was posted here, second is from intime, I rotated it to get a closer angle)

OMG2013071001-19_enl.jpg

1207-8645-thickbox.jpg

Omegaseamaster22230422001001liquidme.jpg
Same caseback, different lighting.