• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
I can see the update on the black dial. The sub dials in particular are much thinner now. Whats the update on the white dial ? The sub dials on the white dial have been thinned as well ? Or is there anything else ?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I can see the update on the black dial. The sub dials in particular are much thinner now. Whats the update on the white dial ? The sub dials on the white dial have been thinned as well ? Or is there anything else ?

The spacing between the O and the R has been addressed. It's not perfect but it's better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
That's the nicest noob I've seen so far.

They still haven't got the ROLEX letting perfect. It looks like the first 116500 dial in 2016.

The bezel insert is improved but still not right. But I have a trained eye that even after 30mg xanax can see this shit.

Your sel is lovely and tight, very gen like.

Of course, modding with ARF parts will still improve it. Their dial is crazy, almost faultless to the 2018 model. The ARF bezel is scary close.

Anyone questioning my credentials, read my past comments. I've provided pictoral evidence that there was 4 dial variation of 116500, one of which had fat dials, so I'm not just an ARF fanboy. I love the noob but they designed their dial from the rolex book not from real life.

Your watch is good out of the box. Really nice. I have a v1 stock noob. I was shocked how good it is. Yours is miles better.

But if you want to up it a notch, ARF parts still the way to go.

I have been reading posts and carefully studying pictures of ARF and Noob Daytonas for the last 8 months.
In that time I have seen no one that has been as critical of small details as you have, ssouthall6, and not in a bad way.

I agree that the R and the O in the Noob 116500 ROLEX logos have been, and still are, wrong when compared to an ARF or Gen dial.
I think this is a slight problem that looks better in some photos, but it is still fair to point out.

I agree with you and many others that the ARF Bezel still looks closer to Gen.

These Noob SEL, Dial, and Bezel improvements appear to all be due to quality improvements, which is really good.
But, people are calling this White 116500 Noob a V2 and saying that "the dial is improved".

So far, no one has been able to point out the difference between a White 116500 Noob V1 and "V2" dial.

As the owner of a Stock White Dial V1 Noob, and with all of the research that you do, ssouthall6, I would think that you could see the difference, if there is any?
I understand that you have stated that Rolex made a 2016 116500 White dial with wider sub-dials matching the Noob.

But, other than possibly the quality, I still don't see the big difference between a V1 and V2 White Noob 116500 Dial.

Reactions: vcappp

JoanOfARF

Horology Curious
9/1/19
Is +9s/day too much?
Curious what your accuracies are?
0c025091e87709294fdb6f1ced7d9cfe.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Is +9s/day too much?
Curious what your accuracies are?
0c025091e87709294fdb6f1ced7d9cfe.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Nope it’s acceptable as it’s a new movement, so will lost time in month, beats errors are acceptable too, would it be better with 0,0 or 0,2 but like this is good too, max beats errors according to Rolex is 0,8 and max amplitude 310

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I have been reading posts and carefully studying pictures of ARF and Noob Daytonas for the last 8 months.
In that time I have seen no one that has been as critical of small details as you have, ssouthall6, and not in a bad way.

I agree that the R and the O in the Noob 116500 ROLEX logos have been, and still are, wrong when compared to an ARF or Gen dial.
I think this is a slight problem that looks better in some photos, but it is still fair to point out.

I agree with you and many others that the ARF Bezel still looks closer to Gen.

These Noob SEL, Dial, and Bezel improvements appear to all be due to quality improvements, which is really good.
But, people are calling this White 116500 Noob a V2 and saying that "the dial is improved".

So far, no one has been able to point out the difference between a White 116500 Noob V1 and "V2" dial.

As the owner of a Stock White Dial V1 Noob, and with all of the research that you do, ssouthall6, I would think that you could see the difference, if there is any?
I understand that you have stated that Rolex made a 2016 116500 White dial with wider sub-dials matching the Noob.

But, other than possibly the quality, I still don't see the big difference between a V1 and V2 White Noob 116500 Dial.

3e6023c465b18776e1d351a3b24de7fc.jpg

I haven't even looked at the Subdials but just in the ROLEX alone look.

Top is v2 noob from Mary
Middle is v1
Bottom is gen

First Space in the top of the R is too big in V1
Second, space between letters is wrong in v1
Third, font and thickeness of O is wrong in v1

Noob dial is a nice 2016 copy

74802f6e6a55bb6e21c1c6e3f579aec7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk