• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Movement: VR3135

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Good to know. I have 3 noob bezel assemblies and a bunch of crystals. I am doing a crystal for someone here that had brought a used crystal and they gave him the wrong gasket. So I had to order a few. After I do that and actually have the LV in hand I will do a quick side to side with my real LV and then take it apart and see if the noob or real bezel fits. Also the crystal. I am hoping. I would love a real rolex spec 6 digit case that is 904. Lets not forget the last one I know that was a 1 to 1 with the 116610 was the V6S noob. The lack of 904 didn't bother me.

GMF 3135 is 904l and has a notch. Tho, we do not know about bezel/crystal, at least I cannot recall anyone who tried to swap them for the gens.

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4913...t-edition-black-dial-red-words-on-sa3135.html
submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-904l-gmf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-red-words-on-sa3135.jpg

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Before the other day I didnt even know GMF existed. Looking at the quality of the watch. Not a fan. The rehaut is terrible. The finish is terrible. While I would love for Rolex to come out with a red sub. Until they do a rep would be the only one with it. LOL. The bracelet looks like a truck ran over it. LOL. Lets hope the VRF isn't like that. Puretime's pics looked good. I really want it for the movement and case. All other parts will be added to my stock for parts.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

s.orologiaio

19/7/17
Imho it’s very important to measure performances in a quite great number of these movements, before and after a service, and then valutate the reliability of the reversing wheels and all the autowind module, and the compatibility with gen parts if necessary.. it’s all about dimensional tolerances, if they made a better quality control at the end of every manufacturing process they have a better product; look only at washers they put between balance wheel and mainplate on other rep3135 ahah
IMO Balance jewel setting, date jewel and blue hairspring are good only if they improve mvt performances, otherwise are useless. Balance clip is good looking to me, maybe more easy-to-assemble than other 3135 rep.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
occb2

Thanks for your initial feedback

Just with regards to the crystal, honestly vrf and noob crystal are the worst. ARF does the better out of the three. But even so it must be swapped to prof or gen to elevate the experience otherwise it's the biffesb known flaw on these subs .

​​​​​I have now swapped the crystal on all my ARfs and JF watches with professor black hole which I believe is the closeec thing to a gen crystal.

Look forward to your detailed review... I am big fan of the hulk so was keen to try out the vrf

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I've asked Mary to see if she can get me a movement as I'd be keen to see what it's like. To be fair, I don't know if it can be much worse than the last sh I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martinpaynebfc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/16
occb2

Thanks for your initial feedback

Just with regards to the crystal, honestly vrf and noob crystal are the worst. ARF does the better out of the three. But even so it must be swapped to prof or gen to elevate the experience otherwise it's the biffesb known flaw on these subs .

​​​​​I have now swapped the crystal on all my ARfs and JF watches with professor black hole which I believe is the closeec thing to a gen crystal.

Look forward to your detailed review... I am big fan of the hulk so was keen to try out the vrf

Not my photo but crystal looks very good in The New VRF.
a0ad4fe4614e617add9f367405a7b159.jpg

Reactions: Princewilliam

Bendori

2/5/16
I've asked Mary to see if she can get me a movement as I'd be keen to see what it's like. To be fair, I don't know if it can be much worse than the last sh I got.

Could you let me know if Mary ends up getting you a VR 3135? Thanks

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
If ARF won’t clone caliber 3186 that is reliable or semi-reliable I feel they will be out from the race.
Noob is killing it with Daytonas, VRF have new clone movement, GMF are releasing pretty good GMTs - Batman looks great (still not correct hand stock) insert, dial, case look great.
newest GMF Pepsi is cool too but I feel insert should be just slightly darker. I think they will nail it with next release. BP and GMF root beer looks great,
i feel ARF are soo behind.

Reactions: watchboi

Sim0n3

Known Member
21/3/15
Good morning, very nice 3d
Someone trying to change on VR 3135 only the balance bridge using the VR balance?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS

And this is what my twisted brain pictured…