• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New models by ORF Omega DIVER 300M

eBoy

🏥🚑 RWI New Members Mental Asylum Warden 🩺⛑️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light
Actually, even the dial on the rep is a tad too bright. And the lume is even brighter. If you compare the rep to gen pics, everything should have the same shade: bezel, lume, dial.

On the rep, it's 3 different shades. 😕

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
I think there's still a difference between the current rep and gen that you will always see, especially in direct comparison.

Ultimately, if they don't fix it, the question if you can live with it or not all comes down to personal choice.

CF and all other factories sold countless 126710BLRO Pepsis, despite the bezel insert colors being off with no fix in sight.

At the end of the day, it's a rep. If someone wants gen perfection, there's always the gen route. 😆

addy46.88

Known Member
20/10/22
Guys do you think this flaw was intentional? I mean when I showed my 96 year old grandmother a comparison pick the first thing she said was the dots are brighter 😂 Now a big opening for ZF to drop a better version and take my $$$

Reactions: TheWatchGuy2

Route66

24/4/21
it is whether ZF will come with their release of these versions...
A couple of weeks ago I asked a TD if the 42 mm two tones RG/SS SMP by ZF was expected to come, but he said that he hadn't heard anything about it until then.
So, I don't expect the 43.5 mm ceramic case SMP by ZF to arrive soon.. 😐
I hope to be wrong though.

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
I actually don't care that it doesn't match GEN, I just think it looks bad 🤣 Lume didn't really look applied well and I agree it's kind of 3 different black tones. If the lume looked better applied and everything matched, even if it wasn't the same as GEN, I would be all over it. Really holding out hope in the hand it looks better than under the bright ass QC lights.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Like I said, it comes down to personal choice.

I have a Pepsi Clean and don't care about the bezel insert colors being off.

This though turns me off enough to not pull the TD trigger. May have something to do with being a totally nutty Omega fanboi while not being overly enthusiastic about Rolex world all that much. 😆😂😂

TheWatchGuy2

Patron
Certified
4/8/22
USA
It's really hard on this one to know for sure how it compares to gen without having both in your hand. Because lighting does make a difference. Here is a QC pic from yesterday on one and lighting is definitely not the same but gives you an idea of the differences lighting makes. Ideally we would get someone to make a gen/rep comparison but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. I'm definitely on the fence on this one.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
That's true. You need to factor in (at least):

* Different camera
* Different camera settings
* Different lighting conditions

To really know how they compare, you need to have them physically side by side.

I still think there will be a clearly visible difference. 😆

Reactions: k4jun

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
You cannot make a statement regarding lume considering different lightning conditions...

here is another pic of the gen having more light:

The rep is excellent. I will pass an order with Hont this weekend.

Last edited:

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
Word has it that the black black has been pulled back by ORF and not currently available! Let's hope that this is too fix the color of the markers!
Yeah it’s gonna be crazy from them just to discontinue it over this minor flaw. I hope, and it’s most logical, that they removed v1 from the market just to make v2 with, hopefully, fixed issues.