• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

Smekals

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/21
Dirty South, US
Looks good I’m convinced. However I’m still confused with the comparison pic. Is the RF minute hand actually longer or is the difference a matter of perspective? It looks like the gen base is slightly elevated at bottom of picture.
7c8b151a0208b21065ba7245e3143afa.jpg
On my RF miniute hand is per spec to Gen and correct size. It really is a sharp watch. (Edit:not sure why my picture came out so blurry. Might be time to upgrade to vip)
5031d2be6f8a8504a78e5e896124c718.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
On my RF miniute hand is per spec to Gen and correct size. It really is a sharp watch. (Edit:not sure why my picture came out so blurry. Might be time to upgrade to vip)
5031d2be6f8a8504a78e5e896124c718.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This does look good. I got gen hands for my vsf as to me it was one of the biggest tells.

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
This does look good. I got gen hands for my vsf as to me it was one of the biggest tells.

Can you tell the difference with the lume color of the gen hands and VSF dial lume? If so, doesn't it bother you?

In my limited experience the moment you change anything on the dial the lume color never fully matches the rest.

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Can you tell the difference with the lume color of the gen hands and VSF dial lume? If so, doesn't it bother you?

In my limited experience the moment you change anything on the dial the lume color never fully matches the rest.

I’ll tell you next week once I’ve actually swapped them. I’ve got a gen bezel assembly to fit too.

alexcast

23/6/19
Got mine today

Overall quiality 8/10

The bracelet screws are glued and can’t be removed to adjust to your wrist

AR on glass is not good and cyclops is awful

Don’t waste your money like me I’m very dissatisfied maybe because VSF was better

ca8c14f34f929ba44b46cfbbb488483c.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Jakeson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/21
EU
Got mine today

Overall quiality 8/10

Don’t waste your money like me I’m very dissatisfied maybe because VSF was better

ca8c14f34f929ba44b46cfbbb488483c.jpg

Apply some heat to the end of the screws and you can remove them. Same here a friend of mine got his RF 12xxxxLN and I found it not bad but not as good as the VSFs, the best thing of VSF were the dial and the xtal (in my opinion). It's gonna take some time until a new factory get that level.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Got mine today

Overall quiality 8/10

Thank you for being honest and calling it as it is. I pick mine up today & I'll let you know what my example is like. I'm NOT expecting a good outcome.

I STILL blame Trusty Time as they know what they're selling and I was told by Andrew that 'all' was good with it before I gave him the green light.

alexcast

23/6/19
Apply some heat to the end of the screws and you can remove them. Same here a friend of mine got his RF 12xxxxLN and I found it not bad but not as good as the VSFs, the best thing of VSF were the dial and the xtal (in my opinion). It's gonna take some time until a new factory get that level.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

Think you! finally i could unscrew it and adjust it.

I will use this and will keep the gen at home because crime is too high in Mexico City and I don’t think the thief will notice it’s a 500 watch instead of a 10,000

Cheers

Reactions: leo6929

wiseguyry

Horology Curious
10/2/20
Thank you for being honest and calling it as it is. I pick mine up today & I'll let you know what my example is like. I'm NOT expecting a good outcome.

Please do report back! Mine's been in transit for 2 weeks now, so it's not like there's anything I can do... but this has been getting such mixed reviews that I'm just curious is there's any hope left. I'm also curious to find out if a gen crystal replacement is possible, and whether it would fix the crystal height issue. It sounds like this could actually be a good rep if the crystal is sorted out.

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Okay, mine arrived today and I have photos below.

Yes, I rec'd the black rubber strap + end links along with the Rolex card.

No, I don't have digital vernier calipers
No, I don't have a digital scale
No, I don't have an original to compare it to side by side
Yes, my camera is #@#$#@# useless but I did the best I could
Yes, it winds super smooth
Yes, it wears comfortable
Yes, the glidelock is good, not too tight nor loose in any way
Yes, it 'appears as of now' all things are aligned as they should be
Yes, the bracelet is tight and no worse than the ARF Sub I had and no worse than the VRF jubilee bracelet I have
Yes, I can provide specific photos if asked
No, too early to 100% say but as of now it feels & looks like a quality piece in my hand
Yes, in honeymoon phase so no solid remarks from me..................................yet.

Please critique away and be brutally honest in your response.

Okay, let the games begin!

RF Sub Crystal height pic

VRF Pepsi Crystal height pic

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Now that you mention it, yeah you're right. The halo and black hole look pretty good. I wonder if that's why that one had the crystal so high....trying to fix the mag?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Okay, mine arrived today and I have photos below.

Yes, I rec'd the black rubber strap + end links along with the Rolex card.

No, I don't have digital vernier calipers
No, I don't have a digital scale
No, I don't have an original to compare it to side by side
Yes, my camera is #@#$#@# useless but I did the best I could
Yes, it winds super smooth
Yes, it wears comfortable
Yes, the glidelock is good, not too tight nor loose in any way
Yes, it 'appears as of now' all things are aligned as they should be
Yes, the bracelet is tight and no worse than the ARF Sub I had and no worse than the VRF jubilee bracelet I have
Yes, I can provide specific photos if asked
No, too early to 100% say but as of now it feels & looks like a quality piece in my hand
Yes, in honeymoon phase so no solid remarks from me..................................yet.

So after days of shit talking the watch and Andrew you can’t actually fault it so you’re asking others to do so so as you can say you were right?

Reactions: GGEuroHEADSHOT

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Okay, mine arrived today .

]

From the first moment i didnt like the dial printing
It is an average quality rep overall imo

Reactions: Akilles