• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Daytona

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
With a CF bezel and ARF dial this wouldn’t be a half bad rep. Is there any way to slim the A7750 without losing chronograph functions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
With a CF bezel and ARF dial this wouldn’t be a half bad rep. Is there any way to slim the A7750 without losing chronograph functions?

Isn't this rep close to the gen thickness OOTB?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

BIAO did slim this A7750 bro. It's about 13mm, while all others (except ARF with frozen 3 and 9 subdials) are 15mm. Pretty amazing feat actually.

Reactions: JonathanLing91

Dsr89d

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/21
Is this a viable option for a functional Daytona, will this be the new Noob? Or would it be better to wait a few months and see if the 4130 re-emerges

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Here are photos of the mystery unit next to a Noob :

The watchsmith was surprised to see a 7750 being so clean and the other observation made was the way the crystal sits low.

All the sub dials work (tested for 1 hour plus), the winding is smooth, hacking.

As for swaps, the watchsmith is still checking if the unit will receive a CF insert and ARF dial. Stand by.

Btw, how did you achieve the 12.09 mm thickness?

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Btw, how did you achieve the 12.09 mm thickness?

Hey mate,

Been busy with work so I just managed to get to your post. No one is quite sure but my watchsmith had opened up the unit and to put it simply, he admired the work done on the 7750. As you can see in the photos, nothing was taken off the movement. The only thing that we could see was how the crsytal was placed down further than the usual Noob hamburger, almost flushed with the case/insert.

I am getting this unit's insert replaced to a CF unit and Noob dial (supplied by rubberman) - wanted the ARF dial but it is not available right now due to supply issues (factory raids).

Once I get it back, will post some photos of how that unit looks

Reactions: grillbrill

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Got the watch back this arvo from my guy, so first thing first, he confirmed that this is s VRF unit:

https://puretimewatch.io/daytona-116520-vrf-1-1-best-edition-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

He has also fitted a CF bezel onto the unit although it created a gap between the underside and the case. The reason apparently was for the fact the the stock VRF bezel was beveled and if I want the CF bezel to go down further, it has to be trimmed and bevelled as well. The dial is a Noob as we couldn't get an ARF dial at the moment.

The overall appearance is fine in my mind, the watchsmith told me that the gasket fits tightly and if one day I wish to trim the bezel, he can improve the water proofing further to 10 bars.

The following are some photos of how the unit looks like now, compared to the previous VRF dial and bezel.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Got the watch back this arvo from my guy, so first thing first, he confirmed that this is s VRF unit:

https://puretimewatch.io/daytona-116...let-a7750.html

He has also fitted a CF bezel onto the unit although it created a gap between the underside and the case. The reason apparently was for the fact the the stock VRF bezel was beveled and if I want the CF bezel to go down further, it has to be trimmed and bevelled as well. The dial is a Noob as we couldn't get an ARF dial at the moment.
j2RgsP.jpg

The overall appearance is fine in my mind, the watchsmith told me that the gasket fits tightly and if one day I wish to trim the bezel, he can improve the water proofing further to 10 bars.

The following are some photos of how the unit looks like now, compared to the previous VRF dial and bezel.

Bro I can't see how this is a VRF, look at the caseback thickness on the VRF. VRF Daytonas have been out quite a while, I think someone would have noticed a slimmed 7750 before now.

j2fiXc.jpg

I wonder if the bezel would sit flush if the crystal gasket was thinned. I've done that several times, you can reduce the gasket by about half its thickness and gain up to 0.3 - 0.5mm of space there.

All of the VRF Daytonas show clasp code FU3

https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...in_description=1&keyword=Vrf+Daytona+&x=0&y=0

Last edited:
Reactions: weezkid

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
So i been investigating for the last couple of days on Chinese websites about this particular watch. It seems that now that noob is gone and the daytona being the most sold rep, a lot of factories are try to make big bank.

I talked with user pmtu om reddit (he also did a post yesterday about the fake noob Daytona posted in here https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/com...m_source=share ) it seems that there are at least 3 factories doing the working chrono daytona. TW, Fake noob and S factory. He said that Shanghai Factory (producing movements) has released a new 7750 movement which is slimmer. There is even a version of the TW Daytona that comes with clean v3 bezel. Tw is 13.2mm and actually looks quite good but the problem is some dealers put noob stickers on them to deceive people.
j2FeGY.jpg
j2FULD.jpg
j2FAi3.jpg
j2FLps.jpg

Last edited:

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
4bca92f6b3749755ecc74dfb5f333c66.jpg

12.5mm and cost me $247! Does the chrono function work? Umm. If you count ALWAYS being on, yea it works. Haha. Don’t ever try to stop and reset it though. But uh…. 99.99999% of people have no clue it’s fake as hell.

3ecc3ecadbe1a4df03792fad3992aedc.jpg

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
I wonder if the bezel would sit flush if the crystal gasket was thinned. I've done that several times, you can reduce the gasket by about half its thickness and gain up to 0.3 - 0.5mm of space there.

Mate, I am planning on trimming the CF bezel once I can get my hands on an ARF dial, this way I can shoot 2 birdies in one go. I am curious as you said, to see how the bezel would sit, not to mention my guy is sure he can do a 10 bar waterproofing.

All of the VRF Daytonas show clasp code FU3 - looks like the clasp code is different, showing as 138, so isn't that a Boob 116655 clasp?

I will ask my watchsmith again on the model but if it's not a VRF then the mystery continues

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020, can you tell me where I can get some thinned gaskets. I need some for my JHF. Thanks!

You have to thin them yourself bro. It's easy to do. Install them on the crystal (use a junk crystal if you feel better) and lay some 400 or 320 grit sandpaper flat on a bench. Then exactly like reducing the diameter of an aluminum insert, hold the crystal plus gasket on edge and swipe roll it across the sandpaper. Go easy at first to assess how much is coming off. Do 3-4 swipe rolls covering about a 30° arc, then rotate to the next arc. Overlap arcs slightly. Use calipers to measure progress and increase or decrease sanding amounts in areas where necessary. Don't use black sandpaper, it can discolor the gasket.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like the clasp code is different, showing as 138, so isn't that a Noob 116655 clasp?
j2xidt.jpg

I will ask my watchsmith again on the model but if it's not a VRF then the mystery continues

138 is the clasp code I've seen on all the BIAO's. It's also been used by Noob and ROF on their GMTs, and the Noob YM as you said.

Last edited: